No more loans for Tonga, Finance Mini...

No more loans for Tonga, Finance Minister warns

There are 30 comments on the Matangi Tonga story from Jul 5, 2011, titled No more loans for Tonga, Finance Minister warns. In it, Matangi Tonga reports that:

Nuku'alofa , Tonga: By Pesi Fonua THE Tonga government will not be able to borrow money for a number of years, after it has completely drawn-down its $118 million pa'anga loan from China at the end of March 2012, Tonga's Minister of Finance, Hon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Matangi Tonga.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hina

Bella Vista, Australia

#22 Jul 12, 2011
sam11 wrote:
<quoted text>
Toko 'amusia koe ......ko hina ena ku 'alu atu tae vala tali koe....hoi tau sio mai he lalo kava 'o hina eeee........siuuuuhuuuuuuuu.
Sam u r not helping.. sio mai ki haku pupuha... u r not my fwen..
Hina

Bella Vista, Australia

#23 Jul 12, 2011
vaihele wrote:
<quoted text>Hina why sweating?r u excited?haahahaha
bloody nervous, is not funny mate
vaihele

Porirua, New Zealand

#24 Jul 12, 2011
Hina wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam u r not helping.. sio mai ki haku pupuha... u r not my fwen..
Hina 'oua to e ui holo na'a 'uakai ha taha,ka e kole kai atu.hahahahaha

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#27 Mar 28, 2012
Spooky wrote:
Tongas Royally fk'd. These fiepopoto lahos think they can sit at the same table as multinational corporations? These people dont make a move until they know whats going to happen three steps ahead.
Handing out a loan is the easist way to own something for free. Tonga will be stuck paying the interest for the next few generations meanwhile china want something tangible in return for a extended term to repay what they're owed...good bye resources, good bye land, hello red tape dispenser...and they still get their money back with interest. Thats boss moves, the King and his family are just plain posi by comparison sorry to say.
I swear all these Nopeles and paipas whose sitting in the gov is the root of all the stupidity. In wayyyyyyyyyy over their small brain heads.
China owning Tonga may be a good thing!! Anything but the NOW. Fk 'ofa kakai nofo 'i Tonga he poverty.
judge

Auckland, New Zealand

#28 Mar 28, 2012
Jaybaz Ngututamulea wrote:
<quoted text>
China owning Tonga may be a good thing!! Anything but the NOW. Fk 'ofa kakai nofo 'i Tonga he poverty.
mahu aupito a tonga, tahi mo 'uta ke mo'ui ai a tonga ka ku lahi lahi tama enau hapai kole mai ki muli ni lol

alu atu ki tonga kuo loloa pe limu i tahi pea koe mei ena moe ulu akau fua ku pe'e pe mo momoho he ngaahi api ka koe ha e poverty ku lau.....teepuaka 'ata pe a tonga he me'a koe puaka, fai ha fu'u puaka tuku aisi koe totoatu

Location hidden

#29 Mar 28, 2012
No jobs for the people nau kole $ to relatives 'i muli to pay their utility, china could provide jobs. The world loan from China so why not let China take over Tonga. Its obvious they know how to run a country.
Manu

United States

#30 Mar 28, 2012
judge wrote:
<quoted text>
mahu aupito a tonga, tahi mo 'uta ke mo'ui ai a tonga ka ku lahi lahi tama enau hapai kole mai ki muli ni lol
alu atu ki tonga kuo loloa pe limu i tahi pea koe mei ena moe ulu akau fua ku pe'e pe mo momoho he ngaahi api ka koe ha e poverty ku lau.....teepuaka 'ata pe a tonga he me'a koe puaka, fai ha fu'u puaka tuku aisi koe totoatu
Duhh.. lahi e fiepalangi, the only reason that deficits had accumulated is because they don't want to eat healthy wholesome Tongan food, manioke, lele, lu, much better and far more nutritious than cheap palangi food, that's why they are so unhealthy, and you sick minded people keep wanting to be Palangi. In their stupid brains, they don't value our traditional way, manuki ki he kai hamu, man ne mau tupu hake he hihiloku moe manioke paku for breakfasts, and lesi momoho for lunch and lai pele for dinner, Tonga needs to go back to our roots.

Then all those foreign consumption will be made void, 100 millions can be saved easily per annum, what wrong with our old ways, maama Tonga, no need for expensive electricity, eat fresh no need for refrigeration, wake up people.

Location hidden

#31 Mar 28, 2012
Manu wrote:
<quoted text>
Duhh.. lahi e fiepalangi, the only reason that deficits had accumulated is because they don't want to eat healthy wholesome Tongan food, manioke, lele, lu, much better and far more nutritious than cheap palangi food, that's why they are so unhealthy, and you sick minded people keep wanting to be Palangi. In their stupid brains, they don't value our traditional way, manuki ki he kai hamu, man ne mau tupu hake he hihiloku moe manioke paku for breakfasts, and lesi momoho for lunch and lai pele for dinner, Tonga needs to go back to our roots.
Then all those foreign consumption will be made void, 100 millions can be saved easily per annum, what wrong with our old ways, maama Tonga, no need for expensive electricity, eat fresh no need for refrigeration, wake up people.
Can you live in the condition you just described ??? Its 2012 and Tonga need to change accordingly. You live comfortably abroad so why wouldn't you want the same for your own people. The so called roots and history you mention is just that, HISTORY.
judge

Porirua, New Zealand

#32 Mar 28, 2012
Manu wrote:
<quoted text>
kataki ange ki'i tuku haaku fo'i manava ke alu 'ata'ata teke ta'e hanga mai koe o fa'afa'apuku

Location hidden

#33 Mar 28, 2012
judge wrote:
<quoted text>
kataki ange ki'i tuku haaku fo'i manava ke alu 'ata'ata teke ta'e hanga mai koe o fa'afa'apuku
OK!!! Ma'u ia koe tamasi'i Tonga 'ai ia ma'au, sorry atu :)) good night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United Kingdom Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scottish Conservatives in Israel, in bid to fli... Aug 6 NELSON MANDELA fan 2
News Women without tonsils or appendix may be more f... Aug 5 AIPAC 666 1
News Ciara and Russell Wilson Step Out For the First... Jul '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News London vacations are dirt cheap. Thanks Brexit Jul '16 aqua777 1
News London's Muslim Mayor Bans Sexy Images Because ... Jul '16 JWB 21
News Boy, 4, injured in bizarre accident Jun '16 Knock off purse s... 1
News Trending News: In 2018, Commuting From London T... May '16 humbug2000 1
More from around the web