Tourism in Tunisia? Only for the brave

Tourism in Tunisia? Only for the brave

There are 10 comments on the Canada.com story from Feb 18, 2011, titled Tourism in Tunisia? Only for the brave. In it, Canada.com reports that:

Tunisia has weathered riots, curfews, a state of emergency and ongoing unrest as it undergoes its historic "Jasmine Revolution": but that has not stopped a few hardy tourists from flocking to its sunny shores.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

alex

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Feb 19, 2011
in my view this brave tourists are connected to the revolution by their support to the economy to me that's noble.
jim

Romford, UK

#2 Feb 25, 2011
Yes, its good to hear tourists going to Tunisia. They need our support from tourism. I hope too ,to be going very soon.( in a week). God Bless Tunisia
alex

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Feb 25, 2011
jim wrote:
Yes, its good to hear tourists going to Tunisia. They need our support from tourism. I hope too ,to be going very soon.( in a week). God Bless Tunisia
great jim the world need's more positive people like u i hope u enjoy your vacation or what ever your mission is ps im going in the summer foe 2 months too
jim

Romford, UK

#4 Feb 26, 2011
Thats great Alex,
My friends and I do voluntary charity work in Tunisia, taking over clothes,toys etc. We have a lot to take over and I am sure that the country will need these more than ever. Among the poverty, Tunisia is a beautiful country with lots to offer tourists. Hopefully the country"s troubles will be resolved soon.Glad to say that major tour operaters in Britain are starting flights again in March. Keep tourism alive. Alex, I am sure you will have a great time when you go over
jim

Tunisia

#5 Mar 15, 2011
now in Tunisia as planned. Not many tourists here,the economy is in bad shape,have not seen any violence where i am in Monastir but there is some further south in metlaoi, still some workers striking/protesting for better pay and conditions,some not getting paid, it will take some years for Tunisia to get back on its feet, people are however ,more optimistic for the future now that the old regime is out, bye for now
alex

United States

#6 Mar 17, 2011
hi jim, i'm happy for you that you are in tunis and hope you enjoy your time there, what a noble think u are doing for the people of tunisia i started to fill up a container with clothes and medical supply scheduled to be shipped first week of may that way i can clear it from the custom when i get there in jun,so enjoy your time and i will advise you to visit jerba and Douga, douga if you like to see trace of history,talk soon
Tunisianhome

Stockholm, Sweden

#7 Mar 18, 2011
Hi, I have just returned from Tunisia after two weeks holiday and everything is like before, calm and nice and the tourist from Europe are now coming more and more for every week.
The tunisian people are waiting for us so please go, Im going back in April again.
maria manjang

Sheffield, UK

#8 Mar 25, 2011
jim wrote:
Thats great Alex,
My friends and I do voluntary charity work in Tunisia, taking over clothes,toys etc. We have a lot to take over and I am sure that the country will need these more than ever. Among the poverty, Tunisia is a beautiful country with lots to offer tourists. Hopefully the country"s troubles will be resolved soon.Glad to say that major tour operaters in Britain are starting flights again in March. Keep tourism alive. Alex, I am sure you will have a great time when you go over
hi im going tuniia 3rd april for holiday . i wanted to bring some charity stuff . but im only allwed 15kgs as a tourist. do you think if i ask thomas cook they will give me extra weight for charity?
Nabil

Woodbridge, VA

#9 Mar 29, 2011
You guys are AMAZING!!! Thank you for all what you do.
bob

Slough, UK

#10 Apr 2, 2011
hi im goin to mahdia in may on holiday with my two boys, i no its a few weeks away but is there any need to be worried?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tunisia Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 58 Indian nurses in Libya on way back home (Aug '14) Aug '14 raaj patel 1
News Back on the tourist map and booming: Tunisia en... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Asofnow 1
News Tourism Rescuing Tunisia (Sep '13) Sep '13 Asofnow 3
News Second Tunisian Woman Posts Topless Photo on Fa... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Opinion from europe 4
News Middle East violence against US film causes cru... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Susie 1
News Tunisia still wants sun lovers, Islamist gov't ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 WILLIAM LANE 1
News Capital of post-revolution Tunisia tempting tou... (Oct '11) Oct '11 chris 1
More from around the web