White House Clarifies Obama's Egypt 'Ally' Comment

Full story: ABC News

"You know, I don't think that we would consider them an ally but we don't consider them an enemy," he said in an interview with Telemundo .
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Sep 14, 2012

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1 Sep 13, 2012
These bumbling fools are making some stupid comments - again. Egypt is now our "ally" but King Obama says..well...not really.

The Kenyan Snake all too often shoots first and then aims later.
Redman

Choctaw, OK

#2 Sep 13, 2012
If they are not an ally then why are we giving them tens of millions of our tax money.. I have had enough of these rag-heads and think we need to quit giving our hard earned money to support them. Screw them!

“I am here for a laugh ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#3 Sep 13, 2012
Redman wrote:
If they are not an ally then why are we giving them tens of millions of our tax money.. I have had enough of these rag-heads and think we need to quit giving our hard earned money to support them. Screw them!
They actually payout money to protect the state of israel .

You should cut aid to all countries in the middle east and let them sort themselves out .

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

#4 Sep 13, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
These bumbling fools are making some stupid comments - again. Egypt is now our "ally" but King Obama says..well...not really.
The Kenyan Snake all too often shoots first and then aims later.
Obama is right Egypt was never an Ally even during mubarak time .
Khaled

Lake Forest, CA

#5 Sep 13, 2012
Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is right Egypt was never an Ally even during mubarak time .
If Egypt was not an ally to the US... why America give Egypt 2 billion dollars a year?

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

#6 Sep 13, 2012
Khaled wrote:
<quoted text>
If Egypt was not an ally to the US... why America give Egypt 2 billion dollars a year?
1) Allow israelian and American ships pass through the suez canal
2) quit attacking and killing the jews
3) Stay away from the communist block
4) Allow energy/oil tankers pass safely through the red sea
Khaled

Lake Forest, CA

#7 Sep 13, 2012
Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Allow israelian and American ships pass through the suez canal
2) quit attacking and killing the jews
3) Stay away from the communist block
4) Allow energy/oil tankers pass safely through the red sea
Seems to me like America is dictating your policies...

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

#8 Sep 13, 2012
allies usually have defence treaty among them including also sharing similar values , goals and political motive .

Egypt is a muslim eastern country while America is a christian western nation apart from that Egyptians and Americans hate each other.

They view us as terrorists and we view them as a bunch of redneck bloody colonizers .

how could we be allies when Americans burn and degrade Egyptian's most holy book and Egyptians burn the american flag ?

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

#9 Sep 13, 2012
Khaled wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me like America is dictating your policies...
This was one of the main reasons why mubarak was kicked out

1)After the fall of mubarak Egypt allowed iranian ships carrying weapons to hizbullah pass through the canal
2)Egyptian weeks ago violated the peace treaty by sending more troops into sinae and they are still there till today .
3) Morsi first visit outside the Arab world was to " Communist China " .
4) Egyptian president visited Iran , something mubarak would have never thought about doing .
5) Egyptians burned the american flag infront of their embassy
6) Morsi refused to meet barrack obama and it was postponed to december
7) congress threatened to cut the 1 billion military grant
8) now obama saying egypt is not " an ally " implying that the relation between both nation has come to an end
9) Egypt terminated the gas agreement with israel 7 month ago .

Now republicans are pissed off and say that they are paying free gifts to terrorists aka the MB .
Khaled

Lake Forest, CA

#10 Sep 13, 2012
Would you compare the relations between
US and Egypt with the one between US and Algeria.

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

#11 Sep 13, 2012
Khaled wrote:
Would you compare the relations between
US and Egypt with the one between US and Algeria.
The USA does not need Algeria as its not close to its main interests in the gulf .

If Egypt was not located where it is then americans would have not cared about it .

You could say the relation between france and algeria now is similar to the post relation between Egypt and the united states prior to the fall of mubarak .

Now american officials have been saying for months whether republicans or democrats that everything with egypt has ended and were no longer " allies " and president obama confirmed this .
Khaled

Lake Forest, CA

#12 Sep 14, 2012
Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA does not need Algeria as its not close to its main interests in the gulf .
If Egypt was not located where it is then americans would have not cared about it .
You could say the relation between france and algeria now is similar to the post relation between Egypt and the united states prior to the fall of mubarak .
Now american officials have been saying for months whether republicans or democrats that everything with egypt has ended and were no longer " allies " and president obama confirmed this .
So would you allow Chineese company to take advantage of the Egyptian market like the Algerian did... do you believe that the MB will have a warm relationship with communist China?
Would you accept Chineese creating a Chinatown downtown Cairo?
Redman

Choctaw, OK

#13 Sep 14, 2012
Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
They actually payout money to protect the state of israel .
You should cut aid to all countries in the middle east and let them sort themselves out .
I would support that agreement as long as they leave us out of their BS. If not nuke-um.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#14 Sep 14, 2012
Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were allowed to talk to yourself, you could become your own messiah.

Talk sense once a week at least. It is healthy for you and you therapy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sudan Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Apostasy' woman heads to US Aug 1 Rusty Tin Can 6
Egypt official says rockets for Sinai or Gaza Mar '14 Uzi 1
US envoy in Sudan forced to resign after accept... (Feb '14) Feb '14 warner 5
Farouk I of Egypt (Feb '14) Feb '14 Shirley Temple 3
Obama deploys small US military continent to So... (Dec '13) Dec '13 New China 1
Heavy rains hinder routine life of Egyptians (Dec '13) Dec '13 atheist infidelz 5
Kerry: U.S. ties with Egypt 'vital' (Nov '13) Nov '13 anonymous 5
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Sudan Travel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••