Tourism: No longer a land of dreaming

Full story: AdelaideNow...
AUSTRALIA is overrated and expensive according to young travellers and is at risk of losing its long-held image as a dream destination, a visiting tourism expert warns. Full Story

Since: Apr 07

TERRA AUSTRALIS

#1 Nov 5, 2010
Overrated and over priced.. you aint tellin me nothin. But the best tourist spots will always be the ones few people know about.

But since the dollar is up, maybe we can get some of our own back and go and see some sights OS ourselves. Backpackers aren't the be all and end all of tourism.. lets face it, most of them are itinerent workers who aren't much better than refugees when it comes stimulating the economy. Sure tourism may suffer, but that's of little concern to me. I'm sure they could give a stuff if I'm working or not. Most people in that industry have other skill sets anyway. Maybe the resorts will drop their prices a little and become more accessable to the general public, rather than foriegners or interstate couples on a honeymoon.
Agustina

Bagumbayan, Philippines

#2 Dec 19, 2010
It has became over rated as time goes by because a lot of people already visited the place. The worth of seeing the destination has changed compared when the place is not yet relatively popular yet.
Pablo

United States

#3 Jan 9, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spain Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tour of Spain and Portugal leaves visitor steep... (Dec '08) Dec '14 baixarfacebook 8
We're hoping for the Guggenheim effect Oct '14 LITTER PEG 1
The makeover that's divided a nation Sep '14 x-y-z-w 9
Buy a vowel? Couple flown to Grenada, not Granada (Jun '14) Jun '14 wichita-rick 2
Make a Splash at Aquavera and Aquamijas Waterpa... (May '14) May '14 Lydia4 1
'Moorish revival' (Jul '10) Jan '14 3arajon 11
Touring Spain, from $980 (Dec '09) Jan '14 Pablo 2
More from around the web