Viva Espania! My Holiday guide to Spain

Viva Espania! My Holiday guide to Spain

There are 25 comments on the Buzzle.com story from Jan 5, 2008, titled Viva Espania! My Holiday guide to Spain. In it, Buzzle.com reports that:

I love holidays in Spain and you can get their relatively cheap by airplane, ferry and coach. via Buzzle.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buzzle.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
shithole stay in england

Redován, Spain

#1 Feb 21, 2008
Its just a big shithole. stay in england. If you want to live there once you learn the language you will realise the spanish are just a bunch of racists, facists and discriminators.
The level of crime is phenomenal and thats whats reported, the level of accidennts on the roads is astronomical and the chance of survival if you are involved in an accident is much smaller to that of the uk. Despite the crap people tell you, the medical attention is very poor, the expats will stabb you in the back every opportunity they get and if you have dreams of opening a batr in spain do a LOT of homework. Places change hands as much as 4 times a year. Bring plenty of savings cos you will need it. Also bring along a couple of friends who dont mind returning to blighty to get a job to the keep the bar going.
good luck, you'll need plenty
mick

Liverpool, UK

#2 Mar 27, 2008
torrevieja is now a ghetto,i had a place there some years ago,i returned recently and was disgusted at it,s demise,graffiti everywhere.
Josu -Spain

Palma De Mallorca, Spain

#3 Mar 29, 2008
shithole stay in england wrote:
Its just a big shithole. stay in england. If you want to live there once you learn the language you will realise the spanish are just a bunch of racists, facists and discriminators.
The level of crime is phenomenal and thats whats reported, the level of accidennts on the roads is astronomical and the chance of survival if you are involved in an accident is much smaller to that of the uk. Despite the crap people tell you, the medical attention is very poor, the expats will stabb you in the back every opportunity they get and if you have dreams of opening a batr in spain do a LOT of homework. Places change hands as much as 4 times a year. Bring plenty of savings cos you will need it. Also bring along a couple of friends who dont mind returning to blighty to get a job to the keep the bar going.
good luck, you'll need plenty
I think it is very unpolite with my country (wher you are now living). If you don´t like, please, return to your country. I was living in London during a year and really i don´t like it but never will speak in this way about the UK. Spain has their own problems, but you don´t mention we have the best public sanitary sistem all over the world (one of the best), good roads, the more developing economy in europe, really less criminality than the UK (you can see oficial dates). I respect you don´t like spain but please, show the same respect for my country. Sure all we could speak a lot of bad commentaries about UK, USA, France, Italy or wherever else but I think all the countries has good and bad things.
lauramary

Torremolinos, Spain

#4 Mar 31, 2008
Hóla all,
I like Spain..Last month I travelled to spain to improve my spanish knowledge an it was one of the best experiences i have ever made...I searched a long time for the best school an i found it..it is called alhambra instituto so to all the others outside if you want to spent a precioso time in spain look up the page ww.alhambra-instituto.org
Muchos Besitos
mick

Liverpool, UK

#5 Mar 31, 2008
i was not being rude about spain or it,s people,ilove both,the problem is the large number of brits who have moved to spain,they have taken all that is bad about britain with them.
crash on the whitehouse

Torrevieja, Spain

#6 Sep 8, 2008
mick... and the spanish have to make their racial comments at everything. If the Spanish dont like the brits in spain, simple, they can go to a country more suited to them, BOLIVIA
Espanaesunaputam ierda

Guardamar, Spain

#7 Sep 19, 2008
Josu -Spain wrote:
<quoted text>I respect you don´t like spain but please, show the same respect for my country. Sure all we could speak a lot of bad commentaries about UK, USA, France, Italy or wherever else but I think all the countries has good and bad things.
Its not YOUR country. Its a country of the citizens of europe and we all have rights to opinions. If you dont like it go to Bolvia or some other 3rd world country.
You have no more rights in Spain than any other Europpean citizen.
Spain is Crime free

Guardamar, Spain

#8 Sep 19, 2008
Josu -Spain wrote:
<quoted text>
really less criminality than the UK (you can see oficial dates).
Everyday in the Spanish newspapers are articules of people being stabbed to death, murdered ot shot over petty disagreements. Just a simple thing like crossing the road at a pedrestrian crossing and the wrong spanish person coming along is enough to get a knife in your back.

the spanish are nasty dogs

“Formerly known as Phil Lynott”

Since: Jul 07

Madrid

#9 Sep 19, 2008
????????

Lmao.
Julia

Spain

#10 Sep 24, 2008
Está claro que no tenéis ni idea de nada sobre España. somos gente divertida, trabajadora, buena gente y ni somos racistas ni fascistas ni vamos apuñalando a la gente por ahi... un poquito de cultura por dios! y si nosotros somos unos perros vosotros unos cerdos estirados. Salud!

“Formerly known as Phil Lynott”

Since: Jul 07

Madrid

#11 Sep 24, 2008
Ese hombre es un valiente, somos unos nasty dogs y el tío se viene a Elche a escribir.

Yo no le voy a decir que se vaya, porque él es libre de hacer lo que quiera, pero como sea así en la vida real no creo que acabe haciendo muchos amigos.
salguod

France

#13 Nov 2, 2008
but you don´t mention we have the best public sanitary sistem all over the world.""
What a load of crap( no pun intended)the above statement is. Every time it rains here I can look out my window and see shit floating down the street,the piles of rubbish are everywhere you look,plastic bottles litter the countryside and theres a whore on every roundabout. The Guardia are no more than legalised robbers who lie through their teeth in order to fine you. That goes straight in their pockets if you are foreign.. Sorry everyone but Spain is a third world country tring to appear modern and it just isn't working.
marcos

Antwerpen, Belgium

#14 Mar 29, 2009
I was born and used to live in Spain. It was a nice place 10-15 years ago. After the immigrant invasion most big cities like Madrid or Barcelona have turned into third world shitholes. Avoid at all costs.
pasqual debonanza

San Diego, CA

#15 Jun 2, 2009
wHERE MY RELatives onced ruled.....pasqual de bonanza never died...
dual nationality spaniard

Mondragón, Spain

#16 Jul 21, 2009
I was blessed with having 2 nationalities, and being born in a way-more advanced country than Spain. I came to live in Spain to come back to my roots and to get to know my parent´s culture. After living here for 9 years, I am embarrassed to call myself Spanish, and my parents that are Spanish, but fortunately lived elsewhere for over 45 years, are completely disgusted in how spaniards treat people including themselves.

For those who have said this is a third world country, YOU ARE CORRECT. And to the spaniards on this forum that are defending their backward country, you are completely ignorant of what a first world country is.

40 years of a dictatorship have affected generations. The work conditions here are appalling. Talent is absolutely not recognised, in fact, you are treated like shit if you are talented or ambitious. There is no such thing as teamwork as everyone treads over everyone to get to the top.

Socially, the people may appear friendly. But the majority of the time, all their doing is critizising, back stabbing, and insulting everyone around them.

And customer service, they don´t even know what it means. This includes hospitals, dentists, banks and shops everywhere.

To sum up, I am completely disgusted at the people of Spain. And yes, I am leaving.
son of Liberty

Benicarló, Spain

#17 Jul 23, 2009
Like everywhere else the problem is spritual as well,judeo-christian ethics............sin
son of Liberty

Benicarló, Spain

#18 Jul 23, 2009
all have sinned and come short of the glory of the Lord.................book of romans..
son of Liberty

Benicarló, Spain

#19 Jul 23, 2009
Infowars.com ..........
Svart

Mislata, Spain

#20 Nov 30, 2009
dual nationality spaniard wrote:
I was blessed with having 2 nationalities, and being born in a way-more advanced country than Spain. I came to live in Spain to come back to my roots and to get to know my parent´s culture. After living here for 9 years, I am embarrassed to call myself Spanish, and my parents that are Spanish, but fortunately lived elsewhere for over 45 years, are completely disgusted in how spaniards treat people including themselves.
For those who have said this is a third world country, YOU ARE CORRECT. And to the spaniards on this forum that are defending their backward country, you are completely ignorant of what a first world country is.
40 years of a dictatorship have affected generations. The work conditions here are appalling. Talent is absolutely not recognised, in fact, you are treated like shit if you are talented or ambitious. There is no such thing as teamwork as everyone treads over everyone to get to the top.
Socially, the people may appear friendly. But the majority of the time, all their doing is critizising, back stabbing, and insulting everyone around them.
And customer service, they don´t even know what it means. This includes hospitals, dentists, banks and shops everywhere.
To sum up, I am completely disgusted at the people of Spain. And yes, I am leaving.
I agree in some points. But you can´t blame the people for the massive coming of inmigrants -increase of criminalty- or the lame administration, we spaniards are sick of our useless politicians and have to deal with our own problems, bad salaries, unemployment, we can´t keep a big big smile for every foreigner who come here.
American Expat

Valladolid, Spain

#21 Dec 1, 2009
I have lived in Spain off and on for over 20 years, including 5 years under the Franco regime. It does not say much for democracy, and I certainly do not support dictators, but I believe society and Spain in general were better under Franco than they are now. Just a few examples: fist fights were unheard of and considered undignified; now, one can be punched in the face for simply saying a wrong word. The younger set respected their elders; recently I had a child of no more than 5 years old drop his pants and mooned me right in the supermarket, and his mother just looked on as if it was normal. Graffiti is everwhere one goes nowadays, even on other's personal property. And, the list goes on and on. And I have not even mentioned the incompetent Government now governing in Spain. We are seriously considering leaving Spain for good!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spain Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how my sister's hunband was cure from cancer Aug '16 John scott 1
News Prostitute Encounter Captured By Google Street ... (Feb '15) Jun '16 GOP Encounter 3
News Tour of Spain and Portugal leaves visitor steep... (Dec '08) Jun '16 cedric buffington 9
News Commuters disgusted as couple have sex on tube ... Apr '16 Peeper 10
News Will Anti-Semitism Drive Turkey's Sephardic Jew... (Sep '15) Sep '15 SpaceBlues 3
News Spain Is Winning the Gay Tourist Dollar War (Sep '15) Sep '15 Rainbow Kid 4
News We're hoping for the Guggenheim effect (Oct '14) Oct '14 LITTER PEG 1
More from around the web