Blinded Iranian seeks eye-for-eye jus...

Blinded Iranian seeks eye-for-eye justice

There are 4 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Mar 5, 2009, titled Blinded Iranian seeks eye-for-eye justice. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

AP Ameneh Bahrami, 30, poses at a hospital in Barcelona, Spain, Wednesday, March 4, 2009.

MADRID An Iranian woman living in Spain said Wednesday she welcomed a Tehran court ruling that awards her eye-for-an-eye justice against a suitor who blinded her with acid. Ameneh Bahrami, 30, told Cadena SER radio, "I am not doing this out of revenge, but rather so that the suffering I went through is not repeated." Late last year an Iranian court ruled that the man identified only as Majid who blinded Bahrami in 2004 after she spurned him, should also be blinded with acid based on the Islamic law system of "qisas," or eye for an eye retribution, according to Iranian newspaper reports from November.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“Perfect love casteth out fear”

Since: Jan 09

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Mar 5, 2009
such a sad article, yet it reveals the greatest flaw in islam or any believe system or religion: inequality. do you honestly expect anyone to believe that a man's eyes are more important than a woman's??? truly sick and so is everything else that follows along this same philosophy. like a man could even survive without a woman.... DUH!!

“I love my total freedom..do u?”

Since: Nov 08

Jellystone National Park.

#2 Mar 5, 2009
TESS1 wrote:
such a sad article, yet it reveals the greatest flaw in islam or any believe system or religion: inequality. do you honestly expect anyone to believe that a man's eyes are more important than a woman's??? truly sick and so is everything else that follows along this same philosophy. like a man could even survive without a woman.... DUH!!
Yes when I read that she was able to blind just one eye .. but if it was to be both she would have to fork over $$$... how honestly pathetic.

“Perfect love casteth out fear”

Since: Jan 09

Salt Lake City, UT

#3 Mar 7, 2009
and when islam reveals these truly asinine tenets, they have the gall to demand respect, to claim to be the only true religion, to assert that they have everyone's best interests in mind? laughable. and where are the muslims to defend this beautiful instruction of allah and his prophet mohamMAD?
rezasantorini

Skokie, IL

#4 Mar 7, 2009
Wonderful...it validates all the negative feelings I have for this egomanical religion.

Why can't all religions leave others alone and not think they have to run the culture and laws of other countries. I don't care if you eat pork, or not, expose your shoulders, or don't pray or if you do. I just don't want it in my laws. I want all religions to dress as they deem correct, but I do not want to demand you dress as I see fit or modest or whatever. Companies that celebrate U.S. holidays have the right to do so, or allow you to take off for one (without pay) are fine, so are companies that have uniforms. Let McDonalds demand their employees wear their caps. Let Ambercombrie and Fitch sell the clothes they want, let them demand the employees wear their clothes. I don't care, I can choose to not go to these places. I don't want to pay for your right to a footbath, to dictate prayer times, or to allow you to stop and pray, your way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spain Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Commuters disgusted as couple have sex on tube ... Apr 28 Peeper 10
News Will Anti-Semitism Drive Turkey's Sephardic Jew... (Sep '15) Sep '15 SpaceBlues 3
News Spain Is Winning the Gay Tourist Dollar War (Sep '15) Sep '15 Rainbow Kid 4
News Prostitute Encounter Captured By Google Street ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 streetviewmovie 1
News Tour of Spain and Portugal leaves visitor steep... (Dec '08) Dec '14 baixarfacebook 8
News We're hoping for the Guggenheim effect (Oct '14) Oct '14 LITTER PEG 1
News The makeover that's divided a nation (Aug '14) Sep '14 x-y-z-w 9
More from around the web