Cambodia's Angkor Wat heritage site r...

Cambodia's Angkor Wat heritage site receives over 1 mln int'l tourists in 8 months

There are 2 comments on the People's Daily Online story from Sep 16, 2011, titled Cambodia's Angkor Wat heritage site receives over 1 mln int'l tourists in 8 months. In it, People's Daily Online reports that:

Cambodia's Angkor Wat temples, one of the World Heritage sites, had received 1.05 million foreign visitors in the first eight months of this year, 24 percent rise from 843,000 tourists in the same period last year, showed statistics of the Siem Reap provincial tourism department on Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at People's Daily Online.

rattana

Cambodia

#1 Sep 22, 2011
Love my Country
Remember

Framingham, MA

#2 Sep 22, 2011
Angkor or Nokor Wat, number one priority is conservation and not about make money yet.

the sandstone are eroding from all the foot step and the wall carving also are being destroyed with people touch.

more preservation is need, the Vietnamese company that run Nokor Wat should think about khmer future and not just their corrupted pockets. Just like all politician in Cambodia.

The jungle preserve it until now, but the people will destroy it in a century.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Siem Reap, Cambodia Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vietnam and Cambodia '" A Tale of Soft Allure (Mar '11) Jan '16 SpongeBob 16
News Bringing tourists the toothsome taste of Cambod... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Ted 1
News 7 Places to Visit in Cambodia That Are Safe and... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Ted 1
News temple of the king (Jun '15) Jun '15 Ted 1
News Cambodia bans smoking shisha and... (Feb '14) Mar '14 BEADY BUM CHOKERS 6
News The Cambodia you have never known (Jan '13) May '13 BeadyPests Eradic... 144
News News from around the Asia Pacific region, April... (Apr '13) Apr '13 sith meng 1
More from around the web