Earth Hour: Seattle joins hour of dar...

Earth Hour: Seattle joins hour of darkness designed to wake up the world

There are 5 comments on the community.seattletimes.nwsource.com story from Mar 28, 2009, titled Earth Hour: Seattle joins hour of darkness designed to wake up the world. In it, community.seattletimes.nwsource.com reports that:

Lights illuminating the Space Needle, downtown high-rises and neighborhood homes could largely go dark from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 28, as part of Earth Hour, an international campaign against global warming.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at community.seattletimes.nwsource.com.

Concerned Citizen

Seattle, WA

#1 Mar 29, 2009
I really don't like these bull Sh*t feel-good events because the are counter productive.

First of all there is no global warming, we have global cooling.

Second, if there was global warming it would not be primarily due to mankind, it is due to solar activity.

Third, Billions of people will likely lite fires and candles to see in the dark or use flashlights. Will this not offset what they are trying to do?

Forth, this gives children the wrong impression. It teaches them that doing stupid feel-good liberal things you can fix a problem but it doesn't. Symbolism over substance. They would be better off fixing peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to fight global warming because it would be equally effective and all the liberal's children would have something to eat while their parents are smoking their joints after the event.
Mensan

Fountain Inn, SC

#2 Mar 29, 2009
Another stunt by juvenile, pathetic moron sheep, carrying on with a groupthink excercise in feel-good futility. I for one will continue enjoying the benefits of modern technology without a shred of guilt. Go ahead and report me to The Ministry of Truth or whover in the Messiah's administration handles heretics. I couldn't care less.
Gore Blimey

Spain

#3 Mar 29, 2009
I expect they will all sit around with the lights out holding hands and singing "we shall overcome". I really detest liberal feelgood antics. Will Barney the Dinosaur be there to switch the lights out? after all, we must feel guilty, it was Bush and GM who killed the dinosaurs off.
Church Slave

Seattle, WA

#4 Mar 30, 2009
Lame waste of time.
Good Grief.

How many people will hop in their cars and drive to see the lights on the buildings get turned off?

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#5 Mar 30, 2009
It will be interesting to see if the crime rate jumps.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seattle Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seattle's sights are virtually dazzling (Oct '14) Nov '14 gum wall is gross 5
News Long Weekend in Seattle, Rain or Shine (Aug '13) Aug '13 others wondering 1
News Police chiefs suggest tickets for pot possessio... (Aug '13) Aug '13 ecj3333 3
News Police to hand out bags of Doritos at Seattle's... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Wes 1
News Send a Fellow Citizen to Space! Public Vote Ope... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Believes In Rules 1
News Dupuyer woman completes fourth Breast Cancer 3-... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Ted Donato 1
News Seattle above, below ground (Sep '08) Feb '09 Blah Blah 2
More from around the web