Saudi man with 58 wives stirs polygam...

Saudi man with 58 wives stirs polygamy debate

There are 17 comments on the www.usatoday.com story from Aug 4, 2011, titled Saudi man with 58 wives stirs polygamy debate. In it, www.usatoday.com reports that:

In 50 years, he says, he has married 58 women and has forgotten the names of most of them. He knows he has had 10 sons, but ask about daughters and he counts on his fingers: 22. No, no, 28. No, that's too many. He settles on 25.

Saleh al-Sayeri, a 64-year-old shepherd-turned-businessman, says his marital adventures have cost him more than $1.6 million in wedding expenses and settlements for divorced wives. But the man who remembers being forced into his first marriage at age 14 says he'd do it a million times over ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.usatoday.com.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Aug 4, 2011
from usatoday:

"Sayyidaty magazine, which interviewed al-Sayeri, also spoke to psychiatrist Mona al-Sawwaf who said al-Sayeri does not treat a wife as a human being 'but as a piece of clothing he can change whenever he pleases or an object.'

"'The biggest blame lies with the parents' who let their daughters enter such marriages, she said.

"Al-Sayeri dismisses such critics as 'crazy,' insisting he is not breaching Islamic laws, which permit a man to have four wives at a time.

"'I have a clear conscience,' he said."

Don't they all, said I.
julian

Mumbai, India

#2 Aug 4, 2011
He is enjoying heaven here.... he will get hell up there..... he will be virgin for all the criminal saudi gays who will take him upside down...

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#3 Aug 4, 2011
He's a pervert..period
LOL

Bradford, UK

#4 Aug 4, 2011
Seems like this muslim man beat muhammad's record for the number of wives. Allah knows best.
hmm

Santa Clara, CA

#5 Aug 4, 2011
14 more and he'll reach 72.

“Blessed on Earth n under It.”

Since: Oct 10

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#6 Aug 4, 2011
I'm quite sure that this man, despite the 58women he's had as wives, still didn't beat the record of an average westerner.the difference is they are 'girl friends' not even wives.

yes, we find it weird to have such number, but why do you?

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#7 Aug 4, 2011
Scent of Memories wrote:
I'm quite sure that this man, despite the 58women he's had as wives, still didn't beat the record of an average westerner.the difference is they are 'girl friends' not even wives.
Stop counting on Hollywood to give you the story. That isn't how it is. You watch too much tv. Have you ever even met a Westerner?

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#9 Aug 4, 2011
Scent of Memories wrote:
You're 'quite' sure...

Based on what?

You certainly like to toss accusations around that you cannot back up.

Hypocritical of you also....I classify any of your Muslim men as perverts if they have more than one wife and I would do the same with any other man who has more than one lover at a time.
Pawn-King-Nine

San Francisco, CA

#10 Aug 4, 2011
Scent of Memories wrote:
Scent, it is Holy Ramadan, you need to say something believable (like "I wish I'm in California instead ok KL"... things like that)
MAWAR_

Nibong Tebal, Malaysia

#11 Aug 4, 2011
Scent of Memories wrote:
There are such men leaned on having another woman despite already having wives. But there are also women leaned on having another man despite already having a husband. Such men and women to me are of the same type, may be coming from similar genetic background, and are always winning the arguments.
Evolve Please

Jersey City, NJ

#12 Aug 4, 2011
LOL wrote:
Seems like this muslim man beat muhammad's record for the number of wives. Allah knows best.
58 Mother In Laws!!!! Dude you need a vacation,,,,.,!!

“PROUD INFIDEL”

Since: Nov 08

The Crusades got it right!

#13 Aug 4, 2011
Instead of spending that much money on weddings, this pervert could send money to help his islamic brothers and sisters in somalia.
LOL

Bradford, UK

#14 Aug 5, 2011
Evolve Please wrote:
<quoted text>
58 Mother In Laws!!!! Dude you need a vacation,,,,.,!!
58 wives! I think this typical sex-obsessed muslim needs a vacation from breeding like a pig.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#15 Aug 5, 2011
Thunder-Girl wrote:
Instead of spending that much money on weddings, this pervert could send money to help his islamic brothers and sisters in somalia.
Or supporting all his own children. Since he obviously can't keep it in his pants.

“PROUD INFIDEL”

#16 Aug 5, 2011
Ravenclaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Or supporting all his own children. Since he obviously can't keep it in his pants.
LOL!!! mohammed would have been jealous of this walking "hard on."

“PROUD INFIDEL”

#17 Aug 5, 2011
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
58 wives! I think this typical sex-obsessed muslim needs a vacation from breeding like a pig.
Please don't insult pigs, they are very intelligent animals.
julian

Mumbai, India

#18 Aug 5, 2011
he must be having a sore cock from over use... pretty much in league of mohammad.. i just he spares babies unlike his inspiriation who used to lust after kids... sick man he was and sick man this pric is...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saudi Arabia Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Impressed by generosity of Muslims, 9 Chinese c... Jun 22 naman 3
News Sun will align directly over Kaaba, Islam's hol... May '16 naman 1
News Muslim mother plans legal challenge after being... May '16 ImFree2Choose 3
News Islam, Ethnicity, and State Control in China Feb '16 Thorn 1
News Saudi Arabia and the Future of Afghanistan (Dec '15) Jan '16 waco1909 3
News Tajikistan's Islam-Averse Leader Goes to Mecca Jan '16 jinxi 1
News Imagine a ban on Muslims: What would U.S. look ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Mawar 14
More from around the web