Irish immigration increasing as islandís woes drive young adults abroad

There are 4 comments on the www.catholic-sf.org story from Mar 2, 2011, titled Irish immigration increasing as islandís woes drive young adults abroad. In it, www.catholic-sf.org reports that:

Irelandís young people are once again emigrating and some are landing in the San Francisco Bay Area. Some are here legally, others are not. But most have a relative or friend who came to the U.S. in one of the previous waves of Irish immigration, most recently in the 1980s and before that in the 1960s.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.catholic-sf.org.

Speeders Kill Kids

Watseka, IL

#1 Mar 2, 2011
This is better than letting third world illiterate scum come here but really we shouldn't allow any immigration. 310 million people here is more than enough.
What

United States

#2 Mar 2, 2011
And I wouldn't doubt it if, Porky Pelosi asked them to come to her city by the bay.
US Citizen

Seattle, WA

#3 Mar 2, 2011
Illegal aliens displace Americans for jobs and resources. I do NOT care where they come from it is wrong. America can NOT be the safety valve for the worlds poor. It infuriates me that the catholic church harbors and aids any illegal aliens. Once again American citizens get the shaft. Sometime I feel like a outsider in my own country, it's disgusting.

Since: Jan 11

Milton, MA

#4 Mar 2, 2011
US Citizen wrote:
Illegal aliens displace Americans for jobs and resources. I do NOT care where they come from it is wrong. America can NOT be the safety valve for the worlds poor. It infuriates me that the catholic church harbors and aids any illegal aliens. Once again American citizens get the shaft. Sometime I feel like a outsider in my own country, it's disgusting.
I agree. For some reason, there's a long history of illegal Irish immigrating to Boston. Some may argue that illegals are only working the jobs Americans don't want, but that's definitely not the case when it comes to Irish immigrants. Most of the men tend to land jobs construction / carpentry of some form. They're just as guilty of gaming the system as illegals from any other country. They work under the table for cash, evade taxes and flock to "free" taxpayer funded clinics for everything that ails them. They're no different than the illegals in the southwest except that they come here already speaking English (albeit with a heavy accent) and are generally fair skinned so they tend to "blend in" more easily and it's easier for them to hide under the radar.

I guess one other thing that distinguishes them from those that cross the southern border is that they don't tend to travel in large groups and it's highly unlikely that they're coming with children in tow (since they need to pass through customs at the airport, speak to the intended duration of their "visit" etc...)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russia Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russian universities woo Indian students Sun John 1
News Russia loses Mexican satellite in glitch May 17 John 1
News Kremlin: North Korean leader not coming to Mosc... May 5 PUTIN HUMILIATED 3
News Ufa: Soviet Cafeterias and Ikea Furniture (Oct '11) May 1 saeed 2
News Classical Notes: Jose Condemi ups the opera con... Mar '15 Tina 1
News Crimea - a year in Russian hands Mar '15 DICKLESS PUTIN 14
News Pre-war Poland and Palestine in pictures Mar '15 PolakPotrafi 4
More from around the web