Nuland: Rule of law must be strengthened in Romania

Jan 12, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Nine O'Clock

The United States takes a deep interest in the continuous development of the rule of law state, said U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Victoria Nuland in Bucharest, where she paid an official visit on Friday and Saturday.

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Jan 16, 2014
True European

Craiova, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Agree, but how? How to do that?
Maybe more drugs, poverty and prostitution like in USA?
Yes, i am sure that after doing all these the rule of law would be strenghtened!
...Buahahah, USA talking about laws! Not Germany, Denmark, Sweden, but USA!:)))
Ms NULA, i would love to see all these Romanian bolsheviks and thieves dead, but USA and the rule of laws?! ahaha..

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

What do you romanians know of laws and democracy?
You give assurances and then lie on your mothers grave.
True European

Craiova, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Szatmari wrote:
What do you romanians know of laws and democracy?
You give assurances and then lie on your mothers grave.
What do you know about violence, the rule of clans, corruption, assassinations,mafia in the USA?? Sleep tight.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

You watch too much TV...the US is a great place to live....you wallachs are corrupt up to your eyeballs.
Szeklerland needs independence to be rid of backward corrupt people, you're just like albanians.
ddd

Bucharest, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Szeklerland needs independence in Hungary near TISSA river.Corect very corect.Citation needs. 50. Of the destruction of Pannonia Several days later, Duke Árpád and his noblemen
sent by common counsel an army against Menumorout, duke of Bihar, of which armyUsubuu and Velec were appointed the chief men and leaders. They, having set forth
from the island, riding through the sand and flow of the Tisza, crossed at the harbourof Beuldu, and, riding on, they encamped beside the Kórógy [Couroug] river, and allhe Szekels [Siculi], who were previously the peoples of King Attila,a, having heard of Usubuu’s fame, came to make peace and of their own will gave their sons as hostages along with divers gifts and they undertook to fight in the vanguard of Usubuu’s army,and they forthwith sent the sons of the Szekels to Duke Árpád, and, together with theSzekels before them, began to ride against Menumorout. And they crossed the Körösriver at Stag Mountain [Cervino Monte]111 and, riding from there, encamped beside
the Tekereu river.
True European

Craiova, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Szatmari wrote:
You watch too much TV...the US is a great place to live....you wallachs are corrupt up to your eyeballs.
Szeklerland needs independence to be rid of backward corrupt people, you're just like albanians.
What TV?...It is history, reality.
Homelessnes in the USA:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness_in_...
Racism in the USA:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_the_Un...
Crime in the United States of America:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_Uni...
And the list it is much longer and these are not the worst links, but cosmetized alot, without that raw and extreme image of the street and real life (drugs, corruption, legalized corruption, war crimes, war crimes in WW2/nobody was punished for bombarding on purpose civilians, randomly bombardament of the civilians areas or entire cities etc).
TV?! No, the TV is not much showing the truth, but alot hollywoodian lying movies.
If there is something good in this USA, is that they were better than Hitler, not that the USA is a heaven on earth. Nobody is, but , hey, lets dont be so hypocrite. We are some human beings, you and me, that are supposed to speak for a better life , not for some governments, politicians and miserable interests.
We can say many bad and good things about any country, but lets admit it, that the USA is not the best place on Earth. In some places , for many americans and immigrants, yes, but for many other millions is a kind of Hell.
True European

Craiova, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/neighborhood...

Take a look. This is not TV. Compared to this, if you would visit Romania, you would think that you have found some kindergarden, Not the Heaven, but...
Compared to these american places, my city is the heaven.
I must tell you that in my city we had few public murders in DECADES and i have never seen a drug dealer on streets, just few poor prostitutes in the 90s. Well, it is not a perfect place (corruption in administration, some bribery), but at least one will allways have a chance and to live safe.And other advantages, but i wont tell you, because i dont want the world to know about our advantages. Let them stay in their countries :)).
True European

Craiova, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

The crime rate in Romania is low compared to industrialized countries. An analysis was done using INTERPOL data for Romania. For purpose of comparison, data were drawn for the seven offenses used to compute the United States FBI's index of crime. Index offenses include murder, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny, and motor vehicle theft. The combined total of these offenses constitutes the Index used for trend calculation purposes. Romania will be compared with Japan (country with a low crime rate) and USA (country with a high crime rate). According to the INTERPOL data, for murder, the rate in 2000 was 7.44 per 100,000 population for Romania, 1.10 for Japan, and 5.51 for USA. For rape, the rate in 2000 was 8.34 for Romania, compared with 1.78 for Japan and 32.05 for USA. For robbery, the rate in 2000 was 30.3 for Romania, 4.08 for Japan, and 144.92 for USA. For aggravated assault, the rate in 2000 was 5.5 for Romania, 23.78 for Japan, and 323.62 for USA. For burglary, the rate in 2000 was 371.13 for Romania, 233.60 for Japan, and 728.42 for USA. The rate of larceny for 2000 was 595.3 for Romania, 1401.26 for Japan, and 2475.27 for USA. The rate for motor vehicle theft in 2000 was 31.61 for Romania, compared with 44.28 for Japan and 414.17 for USA. The rate for all index offenses combined was 1049.62 for Romania, compared with 1709.88 for Japan and 4123.97 for USA.

This is a passage, some american study reffering a period when the crime rate was big in Romania. Now the rate crime in Romania is much smaller.
Yes, Romania ”exported” some thieves, thousands, mostly gipsys, but this is nothing.
Oh, by the way, talking about discrimination: lets do not forget that in Romania live hundreds of thousands of gypsys and they are not so discriminated, but integrated long time ago. The rest, much smaller number, it is just a small percent, that Romania couldnt afford to integrate. Their number is too big, this is the reality, especially for a country after sovietic era, with specifical problems.
And i see millions of black people in the USA with bigger problems and the USA are a free, DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY , UNDER THE RULE OF THE AMERICAN LAW.
True European

Craiova, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Do you know why that people dies in tornadoes so often, in the USA?
It is a simple answer , Szatmari:
Because they are too poor to have a safe house, to poor to build a hole in the soil, with cement, deep enough to protect them.
That is why, too poor, without chances and no future.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

I do visit Transylvania alot...and I've gone to wallachia, moldavia and your capital bucuresti too, they're terrible....filth, poverty corruption, nationalism and backwardness, they're horrible

You live a stereotypical haze and myth about the US....its the best country to live in...just like anywhere else you have to live and make your own way and work...if you try to live off the system because you're lazy, stupid or a junky you'll suffer.
Its not heaven or paradise but the closest thing to it on earth....you probably live on some farm and eat mamaliga and beans every day, if this makes you happy....good.

You probably wouldn't make it here in the US.

Hopefully by the time I'm ready to retire Szeklerland will be free of you romanians...and live a less hectic life.
True European

Craiova, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Hehe, If you think that the USA is the closest thing to heaven on earth., then im afraid , but you are the backward villager, lost in some shitty village, somewhere...or some bad place in some city. And i think you dont know much about this world, dont show much civility with this cheap sarcasm, hatred and deformed mentality about farmers and ...about all.
Your phrases always show much frustration and show that you are that one, not able to make it ;). You are not so smart, mister. your own words shows what you are.
By the way, i could make it in any place on earth, as time i know to do much more jobs than you would ever do in your unhappy life.
Even as farmer :), a job that you are desconsidering it, unfortunatelly.
Actually, this is a job for hard workers only and for smart people, that know alot about soil, plants, animals, which i cant say about you.
I could do my own profession in the USA, but, believe me, i do not care and im just fine and happy in Romania.
Good luck with you great destiny! I think you are the chosen one.
True European

Craiova, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

I see you criticize the Romanian nationalism.
Can you then explain that huge American Nationalist propaganda, thousands of movies on this theme, a bigger propaganda than that of the USSR?
Movies with the USA, its soldiers and the rest of the world as enemy, now the arabs and back then, the indians?? The so-called indians, painted as monkeys in old movies, represented as monsters that should be removed from the face of the Earth???
Even now the American war movies show zero respect for the germans and , actually, for everybody. Why? Because its about demented propaganda, about washing american peoples brains, about planting the seeds of the hatred, over and over again. About money, power and madness.
I like the american people, but now that doesnt means that i have to accept what is bad in it.
Even a big part of the americans, average people and great personalities, criticize what is happening now with America.
What we have admired it seems is going to disapear.
And for you i feel sorry. you are not different from what you have been condamned here day by day, Romanian or American or whatever that was. Backwardness, filth, misery, poverty and so on you can find them everywhere. Just that some bigger nations/countries are hinding them under alot blood and gold and defend all this with big armies, with much violence, more than the smallest ones, that would do it in the same manner , probably...
You, Szatmari, the saint...Heheh, poor you, you would love to eat what a small romanian farmer is eating. You must pay thousands of dollars for those products and im afraid they still are fake.
You know whats funny?:) You talk like some dude, lost somewhere, between Moldova Republic and Belarus :).......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Too much American TV/ cowboys and indians...you must be some kind of dumb kid.

"Even a big part of the americans, average people and great personalities, criticize what is happening now with America."

maybe so, but you don't see them leaving and living somewhere else, do you?

Stay where you're at, you couldn't make it here...you'd be one in thousands that complain about America...but still they come.
My reply to you and them is get the fck out then and go back where you came from.

Your (romania) is dying 250,000 leaving annually...wonder why? Stay where you're at, you'll be the last one left...live in your hole in the ground.
True European

Craiova, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Szatmari wrote:
Too much American TV/ cowboys and indians...you must be some kind of dumb kid.
"Even a big part of the americans, average people and great personalities, criticize what is happening now with America."
maybe so, but you don't see them leaving and living somewhere else, do you?
Stay where you're at, you couldn't make it here...you'd be one in thousands that complain about America...but still they come.
My reply to you and them is get the fck out then and go back where you came from.
Your (romania) is dying 250,000 leaving annually...wonder why? Stay where you're at, you'll be the last one left...live in your hole in the ground.
Not even a single of your affirmations is valid and the dumb is you.
Where do you see my links about tv with cowboys and , however, those movies are proving too my point of view, as time they are offensive and discriminating toward the native population from America and other nations. I did provide you links with valid data about the USA as answers for your ineptitudes about Romania, in comparison.
It doesnt mean that i hate or i dont like the american people and it doesnt mean that we should stay dumb like you when we see and hear about bad things.
I dont see them/americans leaving?! Actually they do and there are millions of americans that are leaving, working and living abroad.
Complaining about anything and everything is normal, that is concerning someones life on this planet and affecting it. You have a backward view about nowadays life.
Your only thing that matters for you is your irrational hatred and your idiotic state of ”grace”, as simple meat for idiotic politicians. A little useless robot.
True European

Craiova, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

As i said before, you would fit more in states like Belarus, not in the USA.
But the USA is like..the USA, with all possible kind of people.
God save the USA, our allie and friend!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

My, my do you live in a world of stereotypes...I'm sure you've never stepped foot out of your miserable country.
FYI those "so-called indians, painted as monkeys in old movies"..........are factual depictions...it was called "war paint"
Aha do you think a few million Americans that decide to work and live abroad means anything? out of a population of over 300 million. You think they do it for political reasons or for higher standard of living?
Be serious do you even know what you're talking about. Millions, like you I'm sure (dirt poor with no future) are waiting to get into the U.S.....and you have the nerve to criticize the U.S.
I've run into your kind many times here, complaining about america and americans....but they keep coming and they stay. Get the fck out and go back where you came from, if you don't like it!
I can thank you chauvinistic, backward romanian pricks for forcing my parents to escape your fckd up country...its a great life here......and I truly hope romania gets what it deserves and drowns in its cesspoll of poverty corruption and chauvinism so the land of my birth is free of you devils. SZEKELYFOLD NEM romania!!!!
True European

Craiova, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Szatmari wrote:
My, my do you live in a world of stereotypes...I'm sure you've never stepped foot out of your miserable country.
FYI those "so-called indians, painted as monkeys in old movies"..........are factual depictions...it was called "war paint"
Aha do you think a few million Americans that decide to work and live abroad means anything? out of a population of over 300 million. You think they do it for political reasons or for higher standard of living?
Be serious do you even know what you're talking about. Millions, like you I'm sure (dirt poor with no future) are waiting to get into the U.S.....and you have the nerve to criticize the U.S.
I've run into your kind many times here, complaining about america and americans....but they keep coming and they stay. Get the fck out and go back where you came from, if you don't like it!
I can thank you chauvinistic, backward romanian pricks for forcing my parents to escape your fckd up country...its a great life here......and I truly hope romania gets what it deserves and drowns in its cesspoll of poverty corruption and chauvinism so the land of my birth is free of you devils. SZEKELYFOLD NEM romania!!!!
What can one say?:))
Do not make bombs and get your pills.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

"bombs, war"....you live in a fantasy world of stereotypes of cowboys and indians. You fear reality, you fear democracy, you fear autonomy...you poor, poor backward romanian accept whats going to happen.
True European

Craiova, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Szatmari wrote:
"bombs, war"....you live in a fantasy world of stereotypes of cowboys and indians. You fear reality, you fear democracy, you fear autonomy...you poor, poor backward romanian accept whats going to happen.
Pills, more piiiiiills!:))
Dacul -dd

Magurele, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Szatmari wrote:
"You fear reality, you fear democracy, you fear autonomy...you poor, poor backward romanian accept whats going to happen.
Going to happen.Hungarians go back in nord Mongolia and game over.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••