Reforming Ourselves

Reforming Ourselves

There are 400 comments on the Manila Bulletin story from Jun 11, 2012, titled Reforming Ourselves. In it, Manila Bulletin reports that:

MANILA, Philippines --- When corruption reaches alarming proportion involving theft or diversion of public funds, it's not the Sandiganbayan of 14 judges alone or the Ombudsman that should lead in putting behind bars persons with an irreversible lust for tax money.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Manila Bulletin.

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Juan de la Cruz

Philippines

#1 Jun 11, 2012
It is good time as any to talk about ourselves now. Our hero Pacman has just felt what defeat is after winning almost eight times in a row as the World's Champion !He waa the Greatest and let us not forget that. But like everything else, all things has to end up sometime. There are doubts about the Judges decision but for now that is how it is until proven wrong/ The defeat of Corona was even much more humiliating but that is another story. Most often being on "top of the Ladder" can be risky because it hurts more when you fall. By now Pacman ought to realize that and change his ways for the better. We Filipinos also have to change our ways if we want our lives to be better from here on end. Examine ourselves,...get rid of Greed, Dishonesty and envy,..... then a new nation will rise up with P'Noy leading the way. Let us trust him and help him with his job as a good leader who owes nobody any "utang loob".
Balasubas

Covina, CA

#2 Jun 12, 2012
yes sure. it will take another generation or 2. loll
I dream of better P I

Apple Valley, CA

#3 Jun 12, 2012
Maybe the filipinos can change for the better but I don't believe the filipinos can change that easly because that's they way of life in the philippines. But, They can if the really want it too.

Each and everyone of us want a better philippines, I don't think that well happen in my lifetime:
I dream of better P I

Apple Valley, CA

#4 Jun 12, 2012
The philippines have a potential for growth, prosperity and empowerment. All we need are people and leaders who love their country and people more than they love themselves!
Gloria kawatan

Apple Valley, CA

#5 Jun 12, 2012
New era of SC transparency? Court's financial reports made public.

Following the ouster of Renato Corona, the Supreme Court has decided to give the public access to its financial reports on SC special funds, as well as the Commission on Audit report on the high court.

This is what it should be: For transparency!

Since: Oct 11

Philippines

#6 Jun 12, 2012
Gloria kawatan wrote:
New era of SC transparency? Court's financial reports made public.
Following the ouster of Renato Corona, the Supreme Court has decided to give the public access to its financial reports on SC special funds, as well as the Commission on Audit report on the high court.
This is what it should be: For transparency!
It should be in all levels. Including barangays.
Infrastructures should display detailed expense and schedule of projects not ugly faces of politicians.
All government paychecks should be raised to match or better yet a lot higher than that of private sector.
Corrupt officials found guilty should be divested of any money and properties up to second degree of sanguinity.
Mix shabu with poison and put it back to market.
Follow this formula and everything will fall into place, now all we need is a dedicated leader with big balls of fire to implement this
Juan de la Cruz

Philippines

#7 Jun 12, 2012
Pepeng Agimat wrote:
<quoted text>
It should be in all levels. Including barangays.
Infrastructures should display detailed expense and schedule of projects not ugly faces of politicians.
All government paychecks should be raised to match or better yet a lot higher than that of private sector.
Corrupt officials found guilty should be divested of any money and properties up to second degree of sanguinity.
Mix shabu with poison and put it back to market.
Follow this formula and everything will fall into place, now all we need is a dedicated leader with big balls of fire to implement this
You got it right, Mr Agimat. I am all for it ! Yes divest all money that is ill gotten and to jail he goes.
Juan de la Cruz

Philippines

#8 Jun 12, 2012
I have said it before, and I will say.it again", THERE IS TOO MUCH MONEY IN THE WRONG HANDS ! ALL that money can be used to hasten the progress of our country. GET IT BACK !
Gloria kawatan

Apple Valley, CA

#9 Jun 12, 2012
Juan de la Cruz wrote:
I have said it before, and I will say.it again", THERE IS TOO MUCH MONEY IN THE WRONG HANDS ! ALL that money can be used to hasten the progress of our country. GET IT BACK !
You got that right! To much money goes to all the crooks. This is one of the reason why the philippines never get out from under because of this.

Its a good thing Gloria Arroyo, Et. Al. Didn't succeeded on change the constituion law; Otherwise she'll be in power forever. I just can imagine where the philippines will be if that happen. Down the gutter. I'm sure!

Since: Oct 11

Philippines

#12 Jun 13, 2012
Juan de la Cruz wrote:
I have said it before, and I will say.it again", THERE IS TOO MUCH MONEY IN THE WRONG HANDS ! ALL that money can be used to hasten the progress of our country. GET IT BACK !
These kind of people should not be put in jail. They should have their hands chopped off for all to see. Nanggigigil ako sa galit pag Naiisip ko ang mga hayop na Ito.
Jesse

United States

#13 Jun 13, 2012
Juan de la Cruz wrote:
It is good time as any to talk about ourselves now. Our hero Pacman has just felt what defeat is after winning almost eight times in a row as the World's Champion !He waa the Greatest and let us not forget that.
Pacman is not your hero. While he is enjoying the high life, the rest of the Filipinos living in squatters are living a vicious cycle of poverty and ignorance. He is not an intelligent person as you can tell when he speaks in both Tagalog and English (I'm not Filipino but I understand Tagalog). Stop with this Pacman bullshit and get practical for once.

Philippine-owned businesses, education and common sense is what you need, not icons such as Pacman.
morons united

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jun 13, 2012
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
Pacman is not your hero. While he is enjoying the high life, the rest of the Filipinos living in squatters are living a vicious cycle of poverty and ignorance. He is not an intelligent person as you can tell when he speaks in both Tagalog and English (I'm not Filipino but I understand Tagalog). Stop with this Pacman bullshit and get practical for once.
Philippine-owned businesses, education and common sense is what you need, not icons such as Pacman.
I agree. Back to your response on my post I practically said the same thing only the wording is a little varied but you gave me a bad rap..
Balasubas

Covina, CA

#15 Jun 13, 2012
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
Pacman is not your hero. While he is enjoying the high life, the rest of the Filipinos living in squatters are living a vicious cycle of poverty and ignorance. He is not an intelligent person as you can tell when he speaks in both Tagalog and English (I'm not Filipino but I understand Tagalog). Stop with this Pacman bullshit and get practical for once.
Philippine-owned businesses, education and common sense is what you need, not icons such as Pacman.
right on target Jesse.. the worst part is they even voted him for congressman, and made him a LT Col in the Army reserve. what a morons. Im glad Im not a Pilipino anymore. Glad to be an American citizen. lol. sorry flips.

Since: Jun 12

Philippines

#16 Jun 13, 2012
It's so sad to think that we already know the problems and solutions, but still nothing has changed.

Since: Oct 11

Philippines

#17 Jun 14, 2012
EazyTalkInc wrote:
It's so sad to think that we already know the problems and solutions, but still nothing has changed.
Even if we want to vote for the worthy and capable candidate. We don't have that in our choice. The closest was when Bayani considered the presidency. I'm not saying he will be our miracle worker atleast he have lot of sense. Marikina was shitty before he became mayor. It was even the rape capital of the Philippines. When he became MMDA chairman people labeled him Hitler and dictator just because he want to introduce discipline. Effing sh!t retards can not discipline themselves and do not wanted to be disciplined. If Bayani would have become president I'm sure we would have improved by leaps and bounce. Instead we still have people refusing to use overpass and underpass, pissing and even shitting in the streets. Clogged canals due to trash and poor planning. Unruly PUJs, roads full of patches and holes. Pollution. Squatters (I REFUSE TO CALL THEM INFORMAL SETLLERS, THEY ARE LAW BREAKERS PROTECTED BY EXTREMELY STUPID NO COMMON SENSE LAW) these all have significant economic impact which runs to hundreds of millions in losses. These are very simple and doable. I'm sure if Bayani then had became president we would already be reaping the benefits by now. We passed up that chance.

Since: Oct 11

Philippines

#19 Jun 14, 2012
Poops sorry mods double post. It didn't come out the first try.
Corrupt justice system

Apple Valley, CA

#20 Jun 16, 2012
Pepeng Agimat wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if we want to vote for the worthy and capable candidate. We don't have that in our choice. The closest was when Bayani considered the presidency. I'm not saying he will be our miracle worker atleast he have lot of sense. Marikina was shitty before he became mayor. It was even the rape capital of the Philippines. When he became MMDA chairman people labeled him Hitler and dictator just because he want to introduce discipline. Effing sh!t retards can not discipline themselves and do not wanted to be disciplined. If Bayani would have become president I'm sure we would have improved by leaps and bounce. Instead we still have people refusing to use overpass and underpass, pissing and even shitting in the streets. Clogged canals due to trash and poor planning. Unruly PUJs, roads full of patches and holes. Pollution. Squatters (I REFUSE TO CALL THEM INFORMAL SETLLERS, THEY ARE LAW BREAKERS PROTECTED BY EXTREMELY STUPID NO COMMON SENSE LAW) these all have significant economic impact which runs to hundreds of millions in losses. These are very simple and doable. I'm sure if Bayani then had became president we would already be reaping the benefits by now. We passed up that chance.
It doesn't matter who's going to be the president of the philippines, Nothing good well happen because filipinos are so damn selfist. And you're talking about the squatter's,...You can't just kick them because there is a law; You have to pay them to move-out. If you don't pay them they can take you to court....Thats a stupid law; I know because there is squatters build a house in our land and they don't want to leave until they get paid. You tell me...If that is not stupid law; I don't know what is....
Luis Jalcon

Philippines

#21 Jun 17, 2012
THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT SQUATTERS ARE INSTRUMENTS OF POLITICIANS . They are protected by Politicians and are by no chance poor and innocent victims of poverty. The law is the law and thede people have to be evicted amd placed somewhere else then give back the land to the real owners. Of course the law must be tempered by mercy, but the government must enforce the law as they are just as lawless as the gangsters in the city. The ugliness of their shanties and hovels makes any tourists wonder if our country is really that poor and ignorant. Let us stop pretending that there is poverty in our country. Noooo", the squatters make that impression, but it is not true that there is real poverty in our country where food can be had from the rivers, the seas the land and the climate. Only the squatters portray that false impression. We are a "rich country pretending to be poor".
morons divided

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Jun 17, 2012
There is only one thing the world humans respect and that's power. Benevolent righteusness with a big stick. Throw the bums out.
Gloria kawatan

Apple Valley, CA

#23 Jun 19, 2012
Five policemen, two of them high-ranking officers, were charged with graft and corruption on suspicion of involvement in defrauding the government of millions of pesos through “ghost” police pensioners.

Senior Supt. Generoso Cerbo Jr., spokesman of the Philippine National Police (PNP), said cases of malversation of public funds and corruption were filed against the five following the arrest of 30 fake claimants last year.
//////////
How can filipinos reform themself when the people who you think can trust the one doing the blunder. This is one of the reason why the philippines never get out from under because of these crooks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philippines Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News MANILA: China to Philippines: Quit Scarborough ... (Apr '12) Aug 9 WRONG DIRECTION 15,227
News Jessica Soho. A product of the University of th... (Feb '16) Feb '16 others should do ... 1
News Japan's emperor visiting the Philippines, a for... (Jan '16) Feb '16 DRUGBRAZIFRAMDEBD... 68
News Philippine plane warned by 'Chinese navy' in di... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Brain Twister 1
News Filipinos pack capital for Catholic procession (Jan '13) Sep '15 rbcom 262
News Image of Asia: 'Waiting for 70 years' for justice (Aug '15) Aug '15 Ainu 1
News 5 PH malls in world's coolest malls list (Aug '13) Aug '15 Filipino 20
More from around the web