Philippine fisherman dead in collision with US forces

Apr 20, 2012 Full story: New York Post 264

ZAMBOANGA, Philippines -- A fisherman died when his boat collided with a US Special Forces vessel deployed in the far south of the Philippines on a mission to contain Islamic extremists, authorities said Friday.

Full Story
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
ofgs

San Juan, Philippines

#1 Apr 20, 2012
Deepest condolences. And a check for $xxxxxxx

Since: Apr 09

Makati, Philippines

#2 Apr 20, 2012
ofgs wrote:
Deepest condolences. And a check for $xxxxxxx
Also the plot behind killing that fisherman.
AC Live

Angeles City, Philippines

#3 Apr 20, 2012
And of course he had on all his navigation lights and safety gear...
Gerry

Philippines

#4 Apr 20, 2012
Word has it that the fisherman was mistaken for a suicide bomber which was why he was killed.
61 PERCENT OF THE DEBT

Delta, Canada

#5 Apr 20, 2012
I guess we can add the Philippines where... Americans military are killing innocent people
Francisco

Garden City, NY

#6 Apr 20, 2012
61 PERCENT OF THE DEBT wrote:
I guess we can add the Philippines where... Americans military are killing innocent people
wrong, American have been killing millions of innocent Filipinos earlier during the turn of the 19th century, just look it up, its the reason we feel so attached to that heavily indebted country now while any other neighboring countries have gotten to their own feets were still basically their slaves
mick

One Hundred Mile House, Canada

#7 Apr 20, 2012
Francisco wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong, American have been killing millions of innocent Filipinos earlier during the turn of the 19th century, just look it up, its the reason we feel so attached to that heavily indebted country now while any other neighboring countries have gotten to their own feets were still basically their slaves
there's no decade without war for USA, its their top agenda to be the world's police and nuisance, no matter how unimportant the country is they'll always find excuses to nuke them, i mean just look at iraq, 10 years for nothing, no weapon for mass destruction no nothing, they just want the oil, but i doubt the oil's going to pay their debt now that they owe several countries trillions of dollars not that they're going to get the oil anyway with the iraqis still a little too eager to explode themselves whenever the American comes within their sight, word of advice: stay out of it, might be too late for your country, but not you
61 PERCENT OF THE DEBT

Delta, Canada

#8 Apr 20, 2012
Francisco wrote:
<quoted text>
O I know Americans were killing up to 1 million Filippinos at the turn of the century...

however there defense is it was in the past...

this incident took place in the last few days
scott h

Sacramento, CA

#9 Apr 20, 2012
Yeah,,,the big bad Americans, get into an "accident" after doing the below.

Colonel Ricardo Visaya, Philippine military commander of the island, said the Americans were returning to the nearby port of Zamboanga after delivering medicine to a Basilan community when the two vessels collided.

Uh, at night, in the dark, as mentioned above, did the boat have lights on it?

"The Special Forces failed to see the smaller vessel in the dark," Visaya told reporters, adding that the dead Filipino's son was injured.

Just becuase they are American, and they are Military does not automatically mean they were at fault.

Makati, Philippines

#10 Apr 21, 2012
Gerry wrote:
Word has it that the fisherman was mistaken for a suicide bomber which was why he was killed.
LOLOL!!!!!! A banca chasing a Navy speed boat with super lolo's.

Makati, Philippines

#11 Apr 21, 2012
<quoted text>
O I know Americans were killing up to 1 million Filippinos at the turn of the century...
however there defense is it was in the past...
this incident took place in the last few days
So what is the plot the Americans were carrying out.

Makati, Philippines

#12 Apr 21, 2012
scott h wrote:
Yeah,,,the big bad Americans, get into an "accident" after doing the below.
Colonel Ricardo Visaya, Philippine military commander of the island, said the Americans were returning to the nearby port of Zamboanga after delivering medicine to a Basilan community when the two vessels collided.
Uh, at night, in the dark, as mentioned above, did the boat have lights on it?
"The Special Forces failed to see the smaller vessel in the dark," Visaya told reporters, adding that the dead Filipino's son was injured.
Just becuase they are American, and they are Military does not automatically mean they were at fault.
Only bigger bancas are required to have a warning system which usually is a videoke machine. A bad rendition of Frank Sinatra's "My Way" can be heard for 20 miles.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#13 Apr 21, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Only bigger bancas are required to have a warning system which usually is a videoke machine. A bad rendition of Frank Sinatra's "My Way" can be heard for 20 miles.
Don I'm sending you an important Private message
Annie Muk

Sweden

#14 Apr 21, 2012
What is the U.S. military doing in Philippine fishing waters in the first place?
61 PERCENT OF THE DEBT

Seattle, WA

#15 Apr 21, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is the plot the Americans were carrying out.
ill have to get back to you on what the great SATAN is up too :)

Makati, Philippines

#16 Apr 21, 2012
Annie Muk wrote:
What is the U.S. military doing in Philippine fishing waters in the first place?
The Philippines does not have fishing waters. They fish what they want wherever they want. Boats don't have lights, hell even at night jeeps and trikes many don't have tail lights or signals. To complicate things those banca's engines are very loud hell they wouldn't hear a 747 coming at them.

There is a reason there are maritime laws but as in all things Filipino "they don't need no stinking laws".

Makati, Philippines

#17 Apr 21, 2012
<quoted text>
ill have to get back to you on what the great SATAN is up too :)
Please do I bet it's HORRIBLE!!!!
Annie Muk

Sweden

#18 Apr 21, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
..... as in all things Filipino "they don't need no stinking laws".
That probably explains all there is to say. I guess if they passed a law prohibiting automobiles from driving into the water, Jeepneys would start heading right out to sea (glug-glug) just to spite the authorities.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#19 Apr 23, 2012
Annie Muk wrote:
They were invited 10 years ago.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#20 Apr 23, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
oh umm. are there any good renditions? lol

Suffice to say for the umpteenth time that the American military was invited here 10 years ago for training and blah blah, which we all know that the modern flip soldier is not trainable after being raised in a totally corrupt society.

Boots on the ground , air , or sea , it matters not. Where ever they are they have authority to be there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philippines Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is PH most dangerous place for Koreans? Dec 23 SeaMonsters 2
Toppled Philippine church cross overlooks typho... (Nov '13) Dec 15 ELIAS IBARRA 227
Island of 'chocolate kisses': Bohol's beaches b... Dec 5 Ward 1
Norway, Japan envoys present credentials to Aquino Nov 27 Ainu 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Nov '14 QUITTNER Nov19 2014 26
Philippines prepares for pope with messages on ... Nov '14 ELIAS IBARRA 8
What is your bucket list for the Philippines? Nov '14 Hoangspham 1
More from around the web