Storm pounds Maritimes

Full story: CBC

A snowplow clears streets in downtown Halifax on Saturday. A storm is battering most of the Maritimes, wreaking havoc on travel and power lines.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2011
Maritimes Eroding shores

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Canadians wonder about Severe winter weather with 'minor adjustments' 2 fight climate change

Eroding Maritimes Atlantic Ocean shores & Canada's Parliament by proroguing

As severe winter storm was pounding Eastern Canada, with heavy snowfall, high winds and freezing rain sweeping across parts of Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick, leaving thousands without electricity.

www.topix.com/world/canada/2010/01/canada-off...

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad and Tobago a ' Canada is prepared to make only "minor adjustments" to its greenhouse-gas emission targets, Prime Minister Stephen Harper said Sunday.

http://www.topix.com/world/canada/2010/01/can...

... Restrictions were expected to remain in effect until about 7 a.m. Sunday, officials said. Bridges in the Halifax-Dartmouth area could be closed, said Alison MacDonald of the Halifax-Dartmouth Bridge Commission "Between 95 to 100 km/h of sustained ...
Comment?

Related Topix: Hurricane, Natural Disasters, Halifax Regional Municipality, NS, Halifax, NS, Nova Scotia, Canada, Travel, Canada Travel, Nova Scotia, Canada Travel, Weather, Fredericton, NB, New Brunswick, Canada
Grand River flood warning

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

sydney

Dartmouth, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2011

Headline: STORM POUNDS MARITIMES....storm battering the Maritimes saturday". On SATURDAY? that's 6 days ago. what kind of news sevice is this?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nova Scotia, Canada Travel Discussions

Search the Nova Scotia, Canada Travel Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Winter's wrath to hit most of country today (Jan '14) Jan '14 HAARPer valley PTA 1
Much of Canada facing more bitter cold, rain, w... (Jan '14) Jan '14 man 1
Another winter weather blast expected for Atlan... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Gillian 1
Atlantic Canada gets another winter weather blast (Dec '13) Dec '13 Dean 1
Site of steel plant's notorious tar ponds trans... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Julian 1
EDITORIAL: Keep VA staff in Sydney (Apr '13) May '13 sugardaddiemeet 3
New Waterford to have first mobile CEC centre i... (Dec '12) Apr '13 Farmer 2
•••
•••