The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 395221 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Welcome To Obamas America

San Bernardino, CA

#123335 Apr 2, 2013
Project Veritas: Why aren’t we banning guns from movies?
posted at 8:21 pm on April 2, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

Quoth President Obama,“If there’s even one thing we can do, if there’s just one life we can save — we’ve got an obligation to try.” But, as Project Veritas asks in their latest video, are President Obama and his liberal allies really doing everything they possibly can to perhaps save even just one life? Their attention to addressing gun violence certainly does seem mighty selective; they’re all too willing to infringe on America’s Second Amendment rights to enact measures that they (often wrongly) posit will impact gun violence, but when it comes to the gun violence peddled and even glamorized in films, Hollywood gets a free pass. The point is not necessarily that gun violence in movies and video games begets violence in real life, but rather that there are plenty of studies out there to that effect and President Obama has proclaimed that we have an moral obligation to try anything we can. If there’s a chance that some nutjob is even subtly influenced toward murderousness by the gun violence in movies, would entertainment companies and media personalities be willing to do anything about it?

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/02/project...

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#123336 Apr 2, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
If his story is true I agree with you 100%, but to be honest with you I'm skeptical.
Call me a bast*rd, but that's a lot to suddenly pull out of the bag when he's looking for a sympathetic ear.
The gay doctor thing was a bit over the top.
Just my opinion.
I tend to believe Jax until I'm proven wrong. If the doctor was gay perhaps that's why he has problems with gays. Who knows.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#123337 Apr 2, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>That's fine LL just remember that this thread has been around a very long time and has covered many different subjects. It really isn't just about Obama but has taken in other aspects of a failed economy.
Immigration, the economy, same-sex marriage and a whole host of other issues all play into the equation of whether or not Obama will be a failed president so most of these things are very much part of the topic of this thread.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#123338 Apr 2, 2013
Tranquillity wrote:
<quoted text> Typical liberal trick, try to change the meaning of something to suit your purpose.
No, the topic actually is "The President has failed us" and you don't have the authority to change it.
Get real and look back through the threads. I'm not liberal....I'm a moderate Republican. You simply can't change the fact that we have had many discussions on this thread. That's a fact.
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#123340 Apr 2, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Reince Priebus must go!
Exclusive: Ken Hutcherson calls for RNC chief's resignation over marriage remark
I have but one question to ask you: Do you take kindly to the very recent remarks from Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus calling Christian Republicans Old Testament heretics for not supporting same-sex marriage in America?
He went on further to tell the GOP to modernize the party if they expect to win future national elections.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/reince-priebus-mus...
I've SAID that a WHILE now!
It's MORONIC dwIdioTs like THIS splitting the party.
I have long believed that Reince Priebus was not up to the job. He is no match for a David Axelrod.

I will say this though, the playing field is not level with the CORPORATE FASCIST MSM, the mouthpiece of the International BANKSTERS, favoring the dems; and it was highly unlikely that Obama could have beaten Romney IF the MSM applied the same scrutiny to Obama's Presidency as they did to "W"s.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#123341 Apr 2, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Extending marriage to two people who are the same sex changes the meaning of marriage. It diminishes the institution making it meaningless. Marriage has always been between couples of the opposite sex. Marriage never was meant for couples of the same sex. Not allowing homosexuals to marry is not violating their rights because they never had the right to marry ever in the history of mankind. Because homosexuals are self admittedly different than heterosexuals then they can have a civil union or something different than a traditional holy union aka: marriage.
People keep talking about how society has accepted homosexuality yet the only places that that is found is in politically correct language in the media. That is due to the desire not to offend trouble making homosexuals who will threaten sponsors of the media outlet with nation wide bad publicity and whatnot. However, the truth about societies acceptance of homosexuality is indicated in the poor ratings of any and all gay and or lesbian television programing. Mainstream media loves to talk good about gays but they refuse to use gay lovers kissing on their advertisements because it would turn off the majority of viewers and place whatever product that is being advertised in a bad light. Gay shows are relegated to gay networks who even with all the gay people watching still have horrible ratings.
Talk is cheap. I'll believe that society has accepted homosexuality when tide places gay lovers snuggling under the sheets in their televised advertisements. When dentine uses two men kissing each others fresh breath on daytime television I'll believe that society has become accepting of the gay lifestyle.
Of course it wont happen because tide and dentine want people to purchase their products on a regular basis and don't want to offend the masses.
They are sure trying to work it in to common everyday tv though in a very subtle way and in lesser subtle time sensitive increments.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#123342 Apr 2, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>I tend to believe Jax until I'm proven wrong. If the doctor was gay perhaps that's why he has problems with gays. Who knows.
Good enough for me.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#123343 Apr 2, 2013
About: The History of Immigration to Australia

panique.com .au/trishansoz/people/peoplehi .html

They came here about 60,000 years ago. Nobody is quite sure how they came to Australia....(place to send convicts) as far away as possible from Britain.

==========

When the British held America ...
May WE should ...
There'd be LESS criminals IF we did!

“Peace”

Location hidden

#123344 Apr 2, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Immigration, the economy, same-sex marriage and a whole host of other issues all play into the equation of whether or not Obama will be a failed president so most of these things are very much part of the topic of this thread.
Yes and yes but tranquility wants to say that we can only talk about Obama. He has decided to be the judge of what we can say and what we can't. LOL You know how well that works.
Again Good Night.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#123345 Apr 2, 2013
Now-a-days our legal sysyem is TOO soft on criminals ...
Three hots and a cot ...

Along with air conditioning and color TV!

They DO crimes because being in jail is BETTER than some peoples shelters on the outside world ...
BUMS of America!

I'm not talking about the TRUE Homeless!
and/or underprivileged!

I'm talking about "moral less" BUMS!

queer boi style!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#123346 Apr 2, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm over on the "Gay Marriage" forum ...
Fighting with the homo's ... ;~)
Dropping by here to see what's up ...
They're more fun than a barrel of monkeys TOO!
Would you have a Link please?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#123347 Apr 2, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, I never called you "Unnatural" Secondly, you are a troublemaker. Also, your sexual preference is abnormal for a male of the human species.
I have not come out against gay rights. I simply believe that marriage is not a gay right.
Everyone, singles and married couples are able to obtain a legal will and testimony leaving their property to anyone that they want to. Anyone can elect their beneficiaries for life insurance, pensions and other financial accounts without a marriage license.
States have offered legal civil unions and the gay community that grant the same rights as marriage but the gay community has said no to that. Those trouble making SOB's want to trample on the heterosexual community and those things that are near and dear the them. Not because they NEED it but because they WANT it.
Got to agree. I would agree if I were gay too.
Boris

Sweden

#123348 Apr 2, 2013
American Lady wrote:
WE have "tolerated"this 'mess' TOO looooong!
Time to ship 'em out along with the homo's ...
They used to ship 'criminals' to OZ ...
They used to ship them to Oz?
Are you speaking for the mother country?

Do you know any history at all dummy?

Do you have any idea what
America stands for?
You use her name as a moniker but it's obvious you do not represent her.

I realize the left Americans don't like you my hope is that the Americans on the right really start paying attention to your posts before they give you anymore back-slaps and kudos.

You do not represent America in any shape or form.
You represent a mental institution at most.

Boris

Sweden

#123349 Apr 2, 2013
American Lady wrote:
About: The History of Immigration to Australia
panique.com .au/trishansoz/people/peoplehi .html
They came here about 60,000 years ago. Nobody is quite sure how they came to Australia....(place to send convicts) as far away as possible from Britain.
==========
When the British held America ...
May WE should ...
There'd be LESS criminals IF we did!
Farken clueless wonder.
That is what you are.
American Lady

Louvain, Belgium

#123351 Apr 2, 2013
Boy we sure are having fun tonight

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#123352 Apr 2, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Shoot you?
Seriously Posit, you make no sense sometimes. <shakes head>
Those who want to take guns would use guns to do it is hypocrisy is what I was eluding to. It is pure hypocrisy by those.
Any clearer?
American Lady

Anonymous Proxy

#123353 Apr 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Would you have a Link please?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TCR09D1CU...

She is having a blast !

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#123354 Apr 2, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Liberals are the ones that aren't for guns or gun violence. They may hit you in the head with a frying pan but no guns.
:)
If anyone would shoot you to encroach on your liberties and freedoms it would be right wing extremists. They love their guns. It makes them soooo macho.
I always told my kids when they would fight that it takes two to tangle. So who's the bigger person to stop the fight. Could it be you?
Then according to common sense that frying pan becomes an assault weapon.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#123355 Apr 2, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
"I have to wonder how you would feel if someone were to tell you that you couldn't marry the person you loved because you were "different"."
I guess you don't know me. Did I ever tell you that my wife and I are not the same race? I probably never told you about the stories of my house hunting every time I had a change in duty stations having to leave my wife in the hotel room so I could go find a decent house and sign a contract before the landlord discovered that my wife was not white. I haven't ever told you about the time one of my children came home from a job search with tears in his eyes and told me about the person who took his application and tossed into the trash saying, "we don't hire you foreigners here."? How about the time one of my children was diagnosed with autism? Yeah, that was like 25 years ago. He still cant talk. It's probably my fault for not dumping him into a state institution and forgetting about him like the gay doctors wanted me to do. Homosexuals have never got the kind of looks that I get when I take my autistic child out in public. Yeah, I get sent the bill for damages. Oh, and I'm a liberal who made a career in the military too. You see, I am no stranger to a prejudice society. These things makes us stronger but I still see no reason to call two men husband and husband or two women wife and wife. They need to deal with it and come up with customs and traditions that they can call their own and leave the institution of marriage alone.
It's unnerving that you could be affected with prejudice and hatred so personally and still feel the way you do about homosexuals who experience the same thing.

Marriage is a tradition and custom that is theirs too, at least it should be. They're people, citizens, taxpayers who deserve to be marry who they love and not be discriminated against in any way, not even having to call their commitment something different because some heterosexuals don't feel like they should.

I would say the same thing in defense of your wife or child. I don't believe in discrimination, especially when it comes to our institutions and traditions.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#123356 Apr 2, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stalking me, I didn't post to you.
<rolls eyes>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North America Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 15 African American history destinations in Was... 2 hr Andrew 3
News Children stuck in Somaliland due to DNA test re... Sep 19 Hillarys Big Clinton 1
News Goodbye Vancouver: Foreign buyers now flooding ... Sep 16 sinking 8
News You talkina to me? English no longer a must for... Sep 16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Residents along Kenaston claim city owned homes... Sep 14 Fill Sheegles Wallet 1
News How small Manitoba cities are hand picking thei... Sep 14 JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA 1
News 16 Must-See Examples Of Chicago Street Art Sep 8 grounded in reali... 2
More from around the web