The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 388211 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#105711 Feb 21, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
?? Old cases..
"But the prosecutors admitted they had begun settlement negotiations with Life Care in June 2010. The company's top officials were fully aware that they were being investigated."
What has or had obamy done??
Eagle
Obama has turned up the heat on medicare frauds. Most cases dealt with individuals and corporations who have stolen hundreds of millions from medicare/medicaid and all were strong supporters of republican politicians.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#105713 Feb 21, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has turned up the heat on medicare frauds. Most cases dealt with individuals and corporations who have stolen hundreds of millions from medicare/medicaid and all were strong supporters of republican politicians.
Then explain why Holder would begin working on a settlement in 2010?? Wasn't he and obama in charge back then?? So why post that article now unless you are pointing out both of their failures?? YUP is goes along with the title of this thread.. Ya keep on keeping on.. ;-)

Eagle

“We ain't GOT no problems”

Since: Feb 13

dilbertville USA

#105714 Feb 21, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
Single black mother gets $80 K in welfare benefits, see story on O'Reilly tonight.
Thanks. That sounds like a good program to watch.

dilbertville USA

#105715 Feb 21, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You had my attention in your possible credibility until 'republican politicians'... Then you LOST all of it.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#105716 Feb 21, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>No what you did was trivialize the fact that a majority of Americans want the illegal alien deported by your saying that I was Clinging to what was just "one online survey"......
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
You go ahead and cling to that one online survey Posit. it's all you've got.
Refuse to see the truth and refuse to be part of a workable solution and we'll end up with a mass amnesty an a path toward citizenship and just like I tried to warn you before the 2012 election that the "anybody but Obama" mantra was a mistake I'll blame you and people like you for this lost opportunity too.
No, what I did was point out that nearly every other polling organization in the country is saying the exact opposite of what you're stand alone online survey says.

A clear majority of Americans support some sort of legal status for those currently in the country illegally and there is little support for deportation.

Ignore reality and only listen to those that tell you what you want to hear and you will be as surprised and disappointed with the results of immigration reform as you were with the results of the 2012 election.

Did I make that clear enough or are you still confused?

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#105717 Feb 21, 2013
By

Jake Miller /
CBS News/ February 21, 2013

Poll: 40% say let the looming budget cuts happen

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57570484/...

Despite dire predictions from some about the harmful impact of the "sequester" spending cuts due to kick in on March 1, 29 percent of Americans have never heard of the sequester, and a full 40 percent of Americans believe we should allow the cuts to go into effect, according to a new poll from the Pew Research Center.

Forty-nine percent of Americans, on the other hand, believe we should delay the automatic spending cuts. But if the cuts do land, congressional Republicans would shoulder a far greater share of the blame than President Obama: only 31 percent would blame the president, while 49 percent would blame the GOP in Congress.(cont.)

Location hidden

#105718 Feb 21, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>"the depth and breadth of historical knowledge about minorities in general AND BLACKS SPECIFICALLY, during the course of America's tenure, from colonial days to present, is mind-boggling."
Really? Mind boggling? LOL! Why do you say that? Is it because public education reached a point in time that we found it incumbent on society to cease EXCLUDING the contributions of black Americans from the history books? That enough time had passed in our history of slavery that we could face our country's heinous crimes and attribute them to past history and ignorance and display the truth of that - to let the shame fall on the dead and departed?
Higgans, I'm going to assume that you're younger than me, and yet you profess to have been ignorant of black soldiers in the Confederate Army until Glenn Beck brought you up to speed. Really?
Have YOU ever had a conversation with black "friends" and found their knowledge of history "sorely lacking"? Think hard, Higgans. I'm going to guess that if it ever happened, neither you nor your "friends" had much education, at least from reading your posts that would be my suspicion.
Then, to conclude this little bigoted BS tirade of yours, you go on to accuse the President of being a Marxist. The man is a capitalist, a centrist, a better friend to business than any of you have ever recognized, although highest recorded corporate profits since the sixties don't lie.
I've always seen Obama as something of a corporatist. Not necessarily either a compliment or an insult, but that's how I've seen some of his policies.

What stood out to me in the post you replied to was (first) I didn't quite get the point and (second) Higgans knows three whole black people.

Wonder how much he knows about gay and lesbian contributions throughout history or should I not tax his limited reservoir of knowledge with that one just yet?

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#105720 Feb 21, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then explain why Holder would begin working on a settlement in 2010?? Wasn't he and obama in charge back then?? So why post that article now unless you are pointing out both of their failures?? YUP is goes along with the title of this thread.. Ya keep on keeping on.. ;-)
Eagle
WTF are you talking about? The case where the Bush appointed Judge chastises the prosecutors for continuing to investigate a criminal after the criminal admitted to doing what he was caught doing? Or the case where a republican supporter and self titled Christian got caught forcing doctors to prescribe scooters to people who didn't need them? Or the ring of right wing doctors in Texas who billed for services on patients they never met?

There has been hundreds of billions in medicare fraud discovered since Obama became president. Each and every year that Obama has been president he has charged more cases of medicare fraud than the entire eight years of Bush/Cheney and the war profiteers.

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#105721 Feb 21, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
By
Jake Miller /
CBS News/ February 21, 2013
Poll: 40% say let the looming budget cuts happen
Despite dire predictions from some about the harmful impact of the "sequester" spending cuts due to kick in on March 1, 29 percent of Americans have never heard of the sequester, and a full 40 percent of Americans believe we should allow the cuts to go into effect, according to a new poll from the Pew Research Center.
Forty-nine percent of Americans, on the other hand, believe we should delay the automatic spending cuts. But if the cuts do land, congressional Republicans would shoulder a far greater share of the blame than President Obama: only 31 percent would blame the president, while 49 percent would blame the GOP in Congress.(cont.)
Yea like smacking a kids hand and telling them no more candy.. The pubs should stand firm..

Eagle

dilbertville USA

#105722 Feb 21, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair and equal for everyone is fine, except what we're playing with is a stacked deck.
Whites have successively oppressed minorities for the past 200 years. Our society today reflects this idea of white superiority. For more immediate examples of this, just take a look at some on the comments on this forum.
Now, minorities, with the help of the government, are trying to level the playing field. Whites are trying to save their rigged game by insisting on merit, but what good is merit when the game has been rigged for 200 years?
Merit should be the standard, but only after the field is in fact made level for everyone.
It is level for everyone! It has been put into the Constitution & Declaration of Independence THAT way. The problem IS ... there are SOME who will continue to bicker and WHINE about not getting their way, therefore causing strife between the party's. Blacks have been EQUAL since the abolishment of slavery.

Just that some people have not seen it that way, and CONTINUE causing TROUBLE!!! Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are two of the WORST! imho

Passed by Congress on January 31, 1865, and ratified on December 6, 1865, the 13th amendment abolished slavery in the United States and provides that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.".

http://www.archives.gov/historical-docs/docum...

13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: Abolition of Slavery (1865)
http://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php...

Letter from Jackie Robinson to
President Dwight D. Eisenhower,
May 13, 1958

Robinson responded to Presidential civil rights comments amid continuing controversy over school desegregation efforts in Little Rock, AR, and the South. In September 1957, Governor Orval Faubus had ordered the Arkansas National Guard to prevent entry of nine African American students into that city's Central High School. President Eisenhower reluctantly sent U.S. troops to enforce the school's integration. From his position as a prominent executive of the Chock Full o'Nuts Corporation, Robinson continued his advocacy of social justice.(National Archives and Records Administration, Dwight D. Eisenhower Library, Abilene, KS)
View Letter Pages: 1 | 2

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/featured_doc...

Page 1 and 2 of Jackie's letter!

Amazing what a little 'research' and using Google will DO for you!

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#105723 Feb 21, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you talking about? The case where the Bush appointed Judge chastises the prosecutors for continuing to investigate a criminal after the criminal admitted to doing what he was caught doing? Or the case where a republican supporter and self titled Christian got caught forcing doctors to prescribe scooters to people who didn't need them? Or the ring of right wing doctors in Texas who billed for services on patients they never met?
There has been hundreds of billions in medicare fraud discovered since Obama became president. Each and every year that Obama has been president he has charged more cases of medicare fraud than the entire eight years of Bush/Cheney and the war profiteers.
Didn't you read the article you posted??

"But the prosecutors admitted they had begun settlement negotiations with Life Care in June 2010. The company's top officials were fully aware that they were being investigated."

It clearly states Holder and obamy was looking for a settlement..

Eagle

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#105724 Feb 21, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always seen Obama as something of a corporatist. Not necessarily either a compliment or an insult, but that's how I've seen some of his policies.
What stood out to me in the post you replied to was (first) I didn't quite get the point and (second) Higgans knows three whole black people.
Wonder how much he knows about gay and lesbian contributions throughout history or should I not tax his limited reservoir of knowledge with that one just yet?
As far as I'm concerned, to date, Obama hasn't done one single thing that could earn him a label of Marxist, so I have no idea why he would be labeled one. In fact, I sincerely hope he CAN do something about income inequality and unfair tax advantages while in office. Frankly, I'm hestitant to believe he can. Sigh.

It would be a travesty to American labor to pass CIR with pathway to citizenship AND a guest worker program to boot (as Republicans suggest they have to have in order to support it). I never thought I'd say this, but I would almost rather do nothing new than do something so incredibly wrong for American labor. Sigh.

I think there's a sense that we're sliding back down the ladder, and this doesn't really surprise me. A dearth of positive legislative efforts that would combine cuts in programs with increases in revenues, something Americans want and expect, is also blamed on Republican obstructionists:

......And more bad news for Republicans: the solution offered by Democrats and the president - a combination of tax increases and spending cuts - is in greater concert with public opinion than Republicans' solution, which would trim the deficit with spending cuts alone. 76 percent of respondents told Pew that policymakers should combine spending cuts and tax increases, while only 19 percent would take tax increases out of the deficit reduction toolbox. Those who advocated a combined approach, by more than 3 to 1, believed that the combination should be mostly spending cuts.

Despite disagreements about how to reduce the deficit, there is broad agreement that we must do something: 70 percent of Americans say that major deficit reduction legislation should be a priority.

dilbertville USA

#105725 Feb 21, 2013
Sorry! Some of "you" may not know who Jackie Robinson IS!

He's the FIRST Black PRO baseball player

"Jackie Robinson: the First African-American
Professional Baseball Player" ...
http://esllisten.blogspot.com/2010/07/jackie-...

He did NOT "give up" like most DO(woe is ME), he kept at IT, persevered and BECAME famous for it!

He most definitely HAS my respect, whereas the 'alien' does NOT!

dilbertville USA

#105726 Feb 21, 2013
COPIED FROM ANOTHER POSTER:

Rick Perry inherited a good economic situation from George W. Bush and turned it into a great economic boom. Barack Islam Obama inherits a AAA credit rating, low unemployment and manageable fuel prices, now our credit rating is so bad we can't even buy cheap furniture from a rent to own shop, our unemployment is at staggering levels and fuel...

Well ... "you" he the judge..

SEE what happens when you send a boy to do a man's job?

Happy America?

Location hidden

#105727 Feb 21, 2013
dweebydilbert wrote:
<quoted text>
It is level for everyone! It has been put into the Constitution & Declaration of Independence THAT way. The problem IS ... there are SOME who will continue to bicker and WHINE about not getting their way, therefore causing strife between the party's. Blacks have been EQUAL since the abolishment of slavery.
Just that some people have not seen it that way, and CONTINUE causing TROUBLE!!! Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are two of the WORST! imho
Passed by Congress on January 31, 1865, and ratified on December 6, 1865, the 13th amendment abolished slavery in the United States and provides that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.".
http://www.archives.gov/historical-docs/docum...
13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: Abolition of Slavery (1865)
http://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php...
Letter from Jackie Robinson to
President Dwight D. Eisenhower,
May 13, 1958
Robinson responded to Presidential civil rights comments amid continuing controversy over school desegregation efforts in Little Rock, AR, and the South. In September 1957, Governor Orval Faubus had ordered the Arkansas National Guard to prevent entry of nine African American students into that city's Central High School. President Eisenhower reluctantly sent U.S. troops to enforce the school's integration. From his position as a prominent executive of the Chock Full o'Nuts Corporation, Robinson continued his advocacy of social justice.(National Archives and Records Administration, Dwight D. Eisenhower Library, Abilene, KS)
View Letter Pages: 1 | 2
Page 1 and 2 of Jackie's letter!
Amazing what a little 'research' and using Google will DO for you!
So what you're saying is that there has been no discrimination, no institutional inequity and no need for the civil rights struggle for "200 years"?

Everyone has had an equal chance because the slaves were freed?

I'm sure I missed something about what you were trying to say because that's just nonsense.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#105728 Feb 21, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been here for a few days Posi but there are plenty of dems and pubs that don't agree with CIR.. Hell even these far left nuts don't agree with amnesty.. We will just wait and see the final bill and vote against it like always.. To bad border security will be held hostage once again..
Eagle
The eneptocrats will keep the hands of enforcement tied. Those involved need to be charged with treason involving subterfuge.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#105729 Feb 21, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea like smacking a kids hand and telling them no more candy.. The pubs should stand firm..
Eagle
Cost Of Sequestration: 700,000 Jobs May Be Lost From Across-The-Board Budget Cuts Through 2014, GDP Growth May Slow: Report

http://www.ibtimes.com/cost-sequestration-700...

Sequestration, or the across-the-board cuts to discretionary spending that are programmed to automatically kick in on March 1 if Congress and President Obama don't agree on how to avoid the cuts, will create significant head winds for growth through next year, according to Macroeconomic Advisers, LLC. The St. Louis-based economic analysis firm estimates that unemployment will shrink from the current 7.90 percent to 7.4 percent by the end of 2014, but the automatic budget cuts (as they stand now) would shave a quarter percent off that growth as government spending -- including for private sector contracts and military personnel -- would be curtailed. That could translate to 700,000 jobs lost (including reductions in the armed forces) and the possibility that higher unemployment "would linger for several years," according to the report.(cont.)

dilbertville USA

#105730 Feb 21, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is that there has been no discrimination, no institutional inequity and no need for the civil rights struggle for "200 years"?
Everyone has had an equal chance because the slaves were freed?
I'm sure I missed something about what you were trying to say because that's just nonsense.
ONLY if 'you' let there be.

IF I wanted to give up, I could say I'm being 'discriminated' against on this board, but I'm not MADE that way. I do NOT intend on giving up. Therefore NO discrimination!

READ his letter, it might open your eyes. Last page is short BUT powerful!

wuss

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#105731 Feb 21, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what I did was point out that nearly every other polling organization in the country is saying the exact opposite of what you're stand alone online survey says.
A clear majority of Americans support some sort of legal status for those currently in the country illegally and there is little support for deportation.
Ignore reality and only listen to those that tell you what you want to hear and you will be as surprised and disappointed with the results of immigration reform as you were with the results of the 2012 election.
Did I make that clear enough or are you still confused?
Disagree. You didn't point out a GD thing. You didn't answer my question.
Again what is wrong with an online survey?

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#105732 Feb 21, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you read the article you posted??
It clearly states Holder and obamy was looking for a settlement..
Eagle
Yes, I did. And, I did some more research as well. The Republican appointed judge chastised the prosecutor because he didn't tell the criminal that he still had some whistle blowers working at the company reporting that the criminal was still stealing money from medicare.

The company officials knew they had been investigated and that they had been caught red handed and they were negotiating with the prosecution over reimbursement. The company officials didn't know that they had employees still working for the prosecution who were reporting that the company officials were still ripping off medicare.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North America Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Billy Joel to join Cuomo on NY breast cancer mo... Sun Shevon Drake 1
News Brooklyn student wins Arctic study scholarship Jun 23 Hasaun A Lee 2
News Vacationing in Canada's backyard Jun 13 gord 1
News Budget fight leaves Illinois stuck with overdue... Jun 13 Moved 24
News Lots Of Fun, But Lots Of Traffic In Chicago Thi... Jun 12 Youngest Tastes Best 3
News Florida: Disaster coming without help on Zika f... Jun 9 guest 6
News Washington, D.C. - the District of Columbia Jun 9 Medewiwin 1
More from around the web