The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393402 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Lock N Load

Riverside, CA

#105651 Feb 21, 2013
Bay Area Law Enforcement Encourages Fighting Back Against Active Shooters
February 21, 2013 12:02 AM

SAN JOSE (KPIX 5)– Law enforcement agencies have begun adopting a new policy on so-called “active shooters,” encouraging civilians to take safety into their own hands and take down gunmen who threaten them at work or school.

This approach is gaining momentum in the wake of tragic incidents in Newtown, Connecticut and the Oikos University shooting in Oakland.

At San Jose Evergreen Community College, police have trained teachers, staff and students to follow specific guidelines during this kind of emergency.

Read more: http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/02/21/b...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#105652 Feb 21, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Using the Heritage Foundation website for data to support your conservative position is analogous to a Christian using the bible to support their beliefs.
Try being a critical thinker.
Christians most certainly use the Bible to support their beliefs. Where do you suggest they turn?

Liberals utilize liberal websites regularly to support opinions. Is any information reported in my conservative website incorrect?

Try being open-minded.
higgans

Avon, IN

#105653 Feb 21, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny, Higs. I see a lot of comments that I've previously made have been incorporated and adopted by you in this post. I suppose I should be flattered.
Yes, water is wet, etc. And?
If you were trying to make a point with this post, I missed it, because you didn't post any of my so-called lies which I could answer. Still, I do understand that you think I'm stupid. I'm crushed.
Progressivism is used today in place of liberalism. It's not a lie when I say I'm a Social liberal. I've said that from day one when asked. But, I'm more conservative fiscally. I'd rather not pay a penny more in taxes of what I've earned than necessary to keep a smoothly functioning society with a safety net. I'm fairly sure most working class Americans feel the same way regardless of their party. Who wants to spend their hard earned money to provide welfare and special tax breaks and deductions to already profitable corporations? What do you call that?
still waiting for your apology for calling me a liar about MY income and how many names I post under... remember that BS?

all I can say is 'OLIGARCHY'....
White Guys Hire Illegals

Los Angeles, CA

#105654 Feb 21, 2013
Do any of you anti-Obama's have a job? All you do is mooch off the gov't and cry about others doing the same thing you do.

Location hidden

#105655 Feb 21, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "some" and I said it in light of comments made by several profiles and posts that have since been banned. It was not a broad statement, it was very specific and limited to those individuals that do in fact post such racist material.
Do you think it's wrong to call a child racial slurs Honey?
If you do then I wasn't talking about you and I'm not sure why you seem to have taken offense or why you would be so determined to broaden the scope of what I actually said.
I don't have a side. I'm just me and sooner or later that irritates the hell out of both "sides".
Today it seems to be your turn.
Just wondered. Seems both sides use "they", "them", "those" too loosely sometimes.

I think you probably know I would never call a child a racial slur and do not agree with anyone who does. I would expand that to include never calling an adult a racial slur.

I am not irritated at all Jax. Just passing a lazy day.
Lt Col Kilgore

United States

#105656 Feb 21, 2013
barack the alien wrote:
When WE go to War(traditionally)
it was/IS out of LOVE for our Country!
To keep the LIBERTY we fought so HARD to have!
So even War is LOVE ... sometimes!
Rebuke THAT!
Love is wiping off the napalm sticking to your fellow soldier.
whatthehey

Austin, TX

#105657 Feb 21, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a great idea to me! Haven't seen AL on here in a while. Hope all is ok with her.
Think NTR would join us for a cup of coffee?????
Did you see Noel's injury? I was at the Ky/Florida game when it occurred. Terrible!
I think AL said on here she was taking a trip. Heck no...truth would be too much...think about all of that! No, we do not get to see many Ky. games down here but I let your team win in our house-the A&M game played at College Station as you let us win in your house haha! We are fans though, unless one of my kids Tx.alum (UT, Baylor or A&M) is playing your team!
White Guys Hire Illegals

Los Angeles, CA

#105658 Feb 21, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians most certainly use the Bible to support their beliefs. Where do you suggest they turn?
Liberals utilize liberal websites regularly to support opinions. Is any information reported in my conservative website incorrect?
Try being open-minded.
The sad part about christians is that they talk out their azzes and expect us all to believe it.
White Guys Hire Illegals

Los Angeles, CA

#105659 Feb 21, 2013
barack the alien wrote:
Rebuke THAT!
I'd hire an illegal aline over you any day.
White Guys Hire Illegals

Los Angeles, CA

#105660 Feb 21, 2013
barack the alien wrote:
<quoted text>
"In the 19th and early 20th century, gun-control laws were often targeted at blacks in the south
AND...
the foreign-born in the north."
Do not leave out the WHOLE reason! Please.
And avid gun control advocate Robert Sherrill notes in his book, The Saturday Night Special:
The Gun Control Act of 1968 was passed not to control guns but to control blacks, and inasmuch as a majority of Congress did not want to do the former but were ashamed to show that their goal was the latter,
the result was that they did neither.
Indeed, this law, the first gun-control law passed by Congress in thirty years, was one of the grand jokes of our time.
http://theintelhub.com/2013/02/21/gun-control...
You should not be in possession of a gun. Obama should send a drone over your trailer park and hunt you down.
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#105661 Feb 21, 2013
Lock N Load wrote:
Gun Control Was – Historically – About Repressing Blacks
Washington’s Blog
Feb 21, 2013
Preface: I was raised to be against guns. My parents hated guns, and believed that they only lead to crime and accidental shootings.
I was raised in a blue state, and I have long been deeply influenced by leading voices for non-violence, such as Gandhi and King. So – until recently – I was pro gun-control.
As such, I was stunned to learn about the historical background behind gun control campaigns.
The Real History of Gun Control
Read more: http://www.infowars.com/gun-control-was-histo...
The key word is "historical" and the subtext is "fear."

• Right-wing was scared. Southerners wanted gun control because they wanted to keep guns out of the hands of black and black slaves. Southerners were afraid that they, as slave owners and vastly outnumbered by blacks, could easily be overwhelmed by an armed black slaved rebellion.

• Right-wing is still scared. Today, we don't have slaves and while the Left-wing fights for gun control, the Right-wing remains frightened of blacks. "Blacks," they argue, "are now armed. We need guns to protect ourselves from them."

Second point. Your reliance on Infowars for news is dumb. It's just another version of Rush Limbaugh. What I wrote previously applies here: Using Infowars to support your conservative position is analogous to a Christian using the bible to support his.

Please join us in the future, but bring your critical thinking skills with you.

(San Bernardino, huh? Maybe you're scared of (or just don't like) all them Mexicans?)
whatthehey

Austin, TX

#105662 Feb 21, 2013
barack the alien wrote:
Rebuke THAT!
YEAH! DONE!... ahhhhhhh, you have been reading back! Love that DONE...DONE is done!

Location hidden

#105663 Feb 21, 2013
White Guys Hire Illegals wrote:
Do any of you anti-Obama's have a job? All you do is mooch off the gov't and cry about others doing the same thing you do.
Worked 37 years sweetheart! What about you????
White Guys Hire Illegals

Los Angeles, CA

#105664 Feb 21, 2013
I just hired 10 illegal aliens and told the white guys better luck next time.
whatthehey

Austin, TX

#105665 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
The sad part about christians is that they talk out their azzes and expect us all to believe it.
Hey,hey...those are the ones who MAKE the claim BUT do not show the fruits of being a christian! They are just talking and playing at being one! There is a difference. How ya doing Rico?

Location hidden

#105666 Feb 21, 2013
whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text>I think AL said on here she was taking a trip. Heck no...truth would be too much...think about all of that! No, we do not get to see many Ky. games down here but I let your team win in our house-the A&M game played at College Station as you let us win in your house haha! We are fans though, unless one of my kids Tx.alum (UT, Baylor or A&M) is playing your team!
Keep me posted about your trip to Kentucky. Maybe we can get AL and NTR to meet us. I can show NTR my drivers license and the license plate on my car so she believes I live in Kentucky. LOL
White Guys Hire Illegals

Los Angeles, CA

#105667 Feb 21, 2013
I just sent a $1100 check to LA County Democratic Party because Republicans are sickening.
White Guys Hire Illegals

Los Angeles, CA

#105668 Feb 21, 2013
Stop giving me bad judge its. You all know it's true.

Location hidden

#105669 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You should not be in possession of a gun. Obama should send a drone over your trailer park and hunt you down.
Such a nice guy! You having a bad day????
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#105670 Feb 21, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Try being open-minded.
It's tautological. Of course a Christian will find exactly what you want and need in the bible. A Christian turning to the bible will find just a series of self-reinforcing statements that cannot be disproved. Thus, the need for critical thinking is eliminated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North America Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 ways millennials can survive and thrive in Ne... Aug 27 tl-dr 3
News Senate hopeful Harrington aims to expand opport... Aug 26 Andy 5
News Louisiana paper to Obama: Cut vacation short Aug 23 Le Jimbo 78
News Carlsbad schools Superintendent Gary Perkowski ... (Apr '13) Aug 21 Enough of this bull 87
News 'An architectural gem': Liberals seeking ideas ... Aug 18 TRUMPs STUMP 1
News Shipping container is converted into a chic por... Aug 16 Brent 1
News Ranchers applaud Earls president's apology for ... Aug 16 Shoal Lake 40 Poo... 4
More from around the web