The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Comments (Page 3,521)

Showing posts 70,401 - 70,420 of218,826
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Extremism is no virtue”

Since: Mar 07

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Billy T Zebra wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps in your hallowed and vast aged wisdom, you could email this poor girl and inform her from your very own first hand experience, that this sort of intermingling is NOT the right way to go in life?
Kim Kardashian pregnant with baby of boyfriend Kanye West
Reality TV World - &#8206;1 hour ago&#8206;
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/kim-kardas...
The Kardashian clan confirmed the reality TV star is expecting her first baby with longtime friend and boyfriend, West, after he announced the news during his concert in Atlantic City on Sunday night, E! News reported.
I'd rather you provided you mother's email address so I can let her know what a lousy job she and your father did raising you. I certainly don't approve of your husband's choice of a spouse, but it's not my business. I suppose he's repenting at leisure.

I couldn't care less about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's business. Neither one of them will be on welfare to support their baby. They're real far ahead of the game. You should be congratulating them - more rich folks having babies!
Quid pro quo

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Putting America's Tax Hike In Perspective

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-01/putt...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
The fiscal cliff
A deal on the fiscal cliff: good, yet maddening news
Jan 1st 2013, 4:15 by Lexington
http://www.economist.com/blogs/lexington/2013...
...Instead, as far as can be made out through the white smoke puffing from Capitol Hill, Republicans and Democrats (at least in the Senate) agree (at least through gritted teeth) that tax rates may rise on the highest earners; agree that the lowest possible taxes on most workers are in the interests of the economy; agree that there is a need for spending cuts to maintain the solvency of the state; agree that inheritance taxes are a legitimate form of taxation, but should apply only to the largest estates; and agree that the country's debt burden is an urgent crisis. Unhappily, the two parties even share a cowardly reluctance to face up to powerful vested interests that puts in doubt their seriousness when it comes to tackling that debt burden. Democrats find it dismayingly hard to face up to really tough welfare reforms, while too many Republicans are frankly unserious in their refusal to contemplate lower defence spending.(Cont.)
But at the simplest level, he was still standing at the presidential bully pulpit and jabbing his thumb in the eye of the party with which he is doomed to share power for at least the next two years, and impugning their motives at precisely the moment when he needed them to make a concession for the good of the country. And that struck me as a depressing thing to do.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/lexington/2013...
Kim Klap Trap

Iraq

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'd rather you provided you mother's email address so I can let her know what a lousy job she and your father did raising you. I certainly don't approve of your husband's choice of a spouse, but it's not my business. I suppose he's repenting at leisure.
I couldn't care less about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's business. Neither one of them will be on welfare to support their baby. They're real far ahead of the game. You should be congratulating them - more rich folks having babies!
Don't forget those great family values. Like the fact that the stupid no talent bimb* isn't even divorced yet, but gets pregnant.
Gary Explains It

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Gary Indiana. Once a thriving steel town in the era of the American steel industry. A time when the backbone of many cities was steel. Unions saw that all workers were paid well. All had an open road to the American Dream. The steel era is gone now. Many of those cities struggled to recover. Some have done exceedingly well. Pittsburgh and Indianapolis to name just two. Others were slower to recover but overall they are. Why is Gary so different? Why is Gary considered the Murder Capitol of the USA when it once had the same shot
at success that every other steel town had? What keeps Gary down? The demographics. The racial makeup. None of the other steel cities came close to the 84% black population that Gary has.
http://cnnphotos.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/31/urb...

Wake up America. Stop avoiding the facts. The truth.
Gary Explains It
Gun Free Chicago

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Report: 532 Murdered in Chicago in 2012

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/report-53...
Vincent Kaputchuk

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Des Moines columnist calls for repeal of Second Amendment, death of gun owners

http://www.examiner.com/article/des-moines-co...

In an op-ed at the Des Moines Register, retired columnist Donald Kaul called for, among other things, a repeal of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, the forced elimination of the NRA as an organization, and the death of gun owners who refuse to give up their arms, Newsbusters reported Monday.

"Here, then, is my 'madder-than-hell-and-Iím-not- going-to-take-it-anymore' program for ending gun violence in America," he wrote.

"Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. Itís badly written, confusing and more trouble than itís worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a 'well-regulated militia.' We donít make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldnít have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right," he wrote.

"Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did," he added.

Kaul said he would also "raze the organizationís headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but thatís optional."

After saying he would make "ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony," Kaul announced that he would punish such ownership with the death penalty.

"If some people refused to give up their guns, that 'prying the guns from their cold, dead hands' thing works for me," he wrote.

After saying he would kill gun owners who refused to give up their guns, Kaul issued a threat against Republican leaders.

"Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control," he added.

He concluded his violent rant by saying that if killing gun owners, shredding the Constitution and torturing GOP leaders didn't work, he would "adopt radical measures."

Kaul's rant is only the latest call for violence against those who support the Constitution and the right to keep and bear arms. Since the tragic Newtown shooting, liberals, including a member of the Texas Democratic Party Executive Committee, have called for murdering law-abiding gun owners and supporters of the NRA.

By publishing his call for violence against those with whom he disagrees, Kaul proves, yet again, that liberalism has become an ideology of genocidal hate and rage.

Readers of the column took the Register to task on the paper's Facebook page.

"I just read the column by Donald Kaul. Does your paper really endorse that mindset? I am shocked and dismayed by the utter lack of 'civility' which the left claims to have a monopoly on. The fact that you allow such garbage to be published in your paper shows your contempt of the constitution, and of conservatives who support it," one person wrote.

"I am stunned and appalled that your paper would publish, as if it were acceptable, the kind of hate speech spewed by Donald Kaul on Tuesday. I challenge you, Donald Kaul or any other knee-jerk extremist to give me any stats on NRA members who've gone on mass murder shooting sprees," added the Twin Cities Gun Owners and Carry Forum. "I am the 99.9% and I call you out for promoting and furthering the witch hunt against law abiding citizens."

"So your paper condones death threats and threats of violence? How liberal of you," another person added.
Not going back to Indiana

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Gary Explains It wrote:
Gary Indiana. Once a thriving steel town in the era of the American steel industry. A time when the backbone of many cities was steel. Unions saw that all workers were paid well. All had an open road to the American Dream. The steel era is gone now. Many of those cities struggled to recover. Some have done exceedingly well. Pittsburgh and Indianapolis to name just two. Others were slower to recover but overall they are. Why is Gary so different? Why is Gary considered the Murder Capitol of the USA when it once had the same shot
at success that every other steel town had? What keeps Gary down? The demographics. The racial makeup. None of the other steel cities came close to the 84% black population that Gary has.
Gary Explains It
I've drove through Gary a few times... THAT PLACE SMEEEEEELS!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I want them to open their eyes. Really, I do. I live in a state populated by people who would rather remain in the dark and stick with their beliefs, no matter how wrong and pig headed they are, than open their eyes and see the bigger picture. I'm real "girly". It literally keeps me awake at night sometimes, and frequently it brings too much moisture to my eyes. I really love this country that provided this "old gal" so many opportunities to improve my life and life for my children. Yes, I had to do my part, pay my dues, stay the course when I sometimes felt like giving up and giving in, but d*mned if the United States of America didn't help me find my way to a college education and the means by which to support my children while I did. I didn't just find one part-time job that was "flexible" with my class schedules, I had two that did, sometimes three (Christmas).
I don't want back "the good old days", but I want to progress today's unlevel playing field into once again seeing that every child who is capable and diligent can pursue their dreams, use their talent and brains, and make their lives better. These fools on the far right don't care if half the children in America are illiterate and uneducated. We can only lose and keep sliding downhill unless they "get it" and we make d*mned sure the people elected to serve US start serving us.
I'm a little bit discouraged these days, but I am encouraged that we weren't so stupid as to elect Mitt Romney. There is hope. There would be much more enthusiasm if every contributing American was participating by being rewarded for effort with the knowledge they could improve their lives through their efforts. We've got a long way to go.
I seriously doubt if the majority of people who reside in Kentucky, including myself, would agree we "would rather remain in the dark and stick with their beliefs, no matter how wrong and pig headed they are, than open their eyes and see the bigger picture". That is a strong statement which is unfounded. It is YOUR opinion.

We also love our country deeply and are appreciative of every opportunity provided. You are certainly not alone in working hard and paying your dues. Most of your fellow Kentuckians did the same to provide for ourselves and our children and you are right, our wonderful country was there to help along the way.

I would also certainly debate you regarding "these fools on the far right don't care if half the children in America are illiterate and uneducated". That is again a strong statement which is totally unfounded. We actually want the same things you do for our families and fellow Americans. Just because YOU disagree with our values and the methods we choose to attain prosperity in this country, does not make us "fools" or wrong.

We must live with another four years of Obama. We realize this and are very "discouraged" as in our view, he has not proven to be a leader and is taking us down a path of economic ruin. So remember when you are awake at night pondering over the fate of this nation, there are many others doing the same for different reasons.

You do have options regarding living in a state in which you believe the people to be "in the dark", "wrong", "pig headed" and "fools".

“Extremism is no virtue”

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Gary Explains It wrote:
Gary Explains It
The first step out of poverty has historically been in manufacturing. Wages were good and afforded opportunity to climb out of poverty. What group has had historic poverty in America owing to discrimination and Jim Crow? Okay, so first off, we outsourced the mills throughout the south. No jobs? Move north to manufacturing. Many did. They began to improve life and had hope for their childrens' futures. Then, the rug was yanked out from under them again. The manufacturing plants closed - moved to Mexico, China and wherever labor was cheaper and no EPA or unions set rules. There was no work to move to. What happens to people when hope is lost, and there is no work to do? Despair sets in, and wherever you find despair, you find dysfunction.

It has NOTHING whatsoever to do with race, you idiot. It has to do with kicking American men (primarily) to the curb without givingash*t what happens to them or their families, their hopes or dreams. Do you know ANYBODY that was retrained (as promised by Bush)? I've asked, and I still haven't found anybody.

I despise bigots. You're such embarrassments to America. I wish you'd move.

“Extremism is no virtue”

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

You presume I think you're anywhere near the state of Kentucky. I absolutely do not. Now, nothing else to say. We're done.
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt if the majority of people who reside in Kentucky, including myself, would agree we "would rather remain in the dark and stick with their beliefs, no matter how wrong and pig headed they are, than open their eyes and see the bigger picture". That is a strong statement which is unfounded. It is YOUR opinion.
We also love our country deeply and are appreciative of every opportunity provided. You are certainly not alone in working hard and paying your dues. Most of your fellow Kentuckians did the same to provide for ourselves and our children and you are right, our wonderful country was there to help along the way.
I would also certainly debate you regarding "these fools on the far right don't care if half the children in America are illiterate and uneducated". That is again a strong statement which is totally unfounded. We actually want the same things you do for our families and fellow Americans. Just because YOU disagree with our values and the methods we choose to attain prosperity in this country, does not make us "fools" or wrong.
We must live with another four years of Obama. We realize this and are very "discouraged" as in our view, he has not proven to be a leader and is taking us down a path of economic ruin. So remember when you are awake at night pondering over the fate of this nation, there are many others doing the same for different reasons.
You do have options regarding living in a state in which you believe the people to be "in the dark", "wrong", "pig headed" and "fools".

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Confucius says: "If your plan is for one year plant rice. If your plan is for ten years plant trees. If your plan is for one hundred years educate children. "

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still Lying? Maybe for the new year you should try some truth.
Explain how telling you to use a dictionary is lying. You seem to be stuck.

“From The Desert To The Sea”

Since: Sep 09

To All Across The Lands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Tinka wrote:
So a friend ask me if I still was writing, and I thought hmmmm really?
And one thing that gags me the most more than anything is thinking of money...
It is the most frustrating emotion that I have yet felt...
I think amongst one more the feeling of hate, and that is a very personal feeling it really is a moment when one can see the most darkest and to all that was to prior...
Money, it is a breath taker a stress factor for sure...
But that is one thing for a real right to publicity Publicy to me my Prophecy to what my Home is...
America...
Germany, Europa...
Decide, if we all did that as the Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley had stated we all should do and return back to our Original Home???
The ones remaining then would as far as my Knowledge to Science is concerned be the Natives...
That is just not a go to what some may say and think about that, dark light black red white...
Orientations directions or directing some would have us leave...
Just wondering as to what the Mormon believes in, Ancestors- Ancestry with them is huge so how much are they screwed up in most of their teaching?...where did they begin?
So AF are you awake yet are you at work today or did you get to take the day off?
I was awake before the B-2 Spirit flew over. So far I still have the day off. So what did this Gordon fellow prophesize?
juan purveyor of chit

Columbus, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how telling you to use a dictionary is lying. You seem to be stuck.
You're a coward.

“Extremism is no virtue”

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

juan purveyor of chit wrote:
<quoted text>You're a coward.
Said the gray box troll.;-)

“laissez les bons temps rouler!”

Since: Jun 10

¬ŅComo quieres los huevos?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>He'd rather watch out the window while the neighbor kid rapes a little girl in plain sight. Instead of pulling the mofo off the child and intervening, he calls the cops and continues watching from the window. Pervert? I'd say. Then, he comes online and reports his "efforts" to seek justice. Makes me want to barf. I'm not that big, but I know I could have pummeled that POS into submission and would have.
That's like his story about watching a woman getting raped and not calling the police because he didn't have a quarter to make a 911 call.

“laissez les bons temps rouler!”

Since: Jun 10

¬ŅComo quieres los huevos?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Said the gray box troll.;-)
You beat me to it. LOL!

“No Answers, Only Questions”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I want them to open their eyes. Really, I do. I live in a state populated by people who would rather remain in the dark and stick with their beliefs, no matter how wrong and pig headed they are, than open their eyes and see the bigger picture. I'm real "girly". It literally keeps me awake at night sometimes, and frequently it brings too much moisture to my eyes. I really love this country that provided this "old gal" so many opportunities to improve my life and life for my children. Yes, I had to do my part, pay my dues, stay the course when I sometimes felt like giving up and giving in, but d*mned if the United States of America didn't help me find my way to a college education and the means by which to support my children while I did. I didn't just find one part-time job that was "flexible" with my class schedules, I had two that did, sometimes three (Christmas).
I don't want back "the good old days", but I want to progress today's unlevel playing field into once again seeing that every child who is capable and diligent can pursue their dreams, use their talent and brains, and make their lives better. These fools on the far right don't care if half the children in America are illiterate and uneducated. We can only lose and keep sliding downhill unless they "get it" and we make d*mned sure the people elected to serve US start serving us.
I'm a little bit discouraged these days, but I am encouraged that we weren't so stupid as to elect Mitt Romney. There is hope. There would be much more enthusiasm if every contributing American was participating by being rewarded for effort with the knowledge they could improve their lives through their efforts. We've got a long way to go.
The people we elect fail to serve us.

In 2006, Americans issued a mandate for change by electing a Democratic Congress. We wanted change, the end of an irrational war. Democrats approved every penny of Bush's war budget.

Obama promised change. Guantanamo Bay remains open, the war in Afghanistan continues and no-bid corporate contracts are handed out like lollipops. Republicans have approved all these actions.

Except on local levels, no democratic political action matters including letters to congresspersons, phone calls, demonstrations or petitions.

Has the "Occupy Wall Street" protest changed anything? Oh !! yah, police officers baptized their nightsticks when demonstrators charged barricades.

What political action can make the American government responsive to its citizens instead of their own selfish interest or what's best for corporate America? Instead, we accept irrelevant pablum.

Since a change in leadership is ineffective, what next? Are you hoping some decent people like yourself will force the entrenched corporatist powers aside so we can take over?

I may be a lap dancer but I understand nothing is going to change until we unite and understand our puppeteers' motives. The poor stiff trying to make a living suffers from the illusion of freedom.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
You presume I think you're anywhere near the state of Kentucky. I absolutely do not. Now, nothing else to say. We're done.<quoted text>
Whether or not you believe I am in Kentucky is not the point. The message is the same. You certainly selected an easy way of avoiding a response. Was it too difficult to refute?

You actually amuse me. Here I am sitting at my kitchen counter in Frankfort, Kentucky. I have a great view out my dining room window to the remaining small patches of snow. Why would I lie sweetie? If I just wanted to impress, I could have selected Las Vegas, New York City, even Lexington or Louisville over Frankfort. You must have a very distorted and paranoid mind to think you know more about my whereabouts than I do.

Now, nothing else to say! Done!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 70,401 - 70,420 of218,826
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••