The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
70,001 - 70,020 of 243,838 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
dude, come to SoCal, its loaded with refineries......
it also produces about 75% of all produce consumed in the U.S.
I don't care. I am a woodchuck. I produce and refine my own produce. LOL

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell, their secession would leave the E.S.A. with one of the highest I.Q.s ,per capita, in the world!
I have to agree with that as long as we keep our guns. LOL (and seriously)
Cash For Clunkers

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

US considers granting missile ships to Turkey
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/us-considers...
A recent bill has been submitted to the U.S. House of Representatives that would authorize President Barack Obama to grant the provision of guided missile-firing naval vessels to Turkey, along with several other countries, including Thailand and Mexico

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Welfare Recipient wrote:
<quoted text>
My "firm" suggest turning on your spell checker. Here, I did it for you.
Leat me czech.
I don't think so. LOL

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Leat me czech.
I don't think so. LOL
You can go to tools, options, advanced, general and click on "check my spelling as I type".

That will ensure that any misspelled word is flagged but it doesn't help out with grammar or punctuation.

Fiscal Cliff Swan Dive

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Happy Higher Payroll Taxes
http://www.forbes.com/sites/igorgreenwald/201...
As a result, workersí share of the payroll tax will rise by two percentage points back to 6.2%. But income above $110,100 is exempt from the payroll tax. So janitors and nurses will be subjected to a drop in take-home pay approaching 3% while $400K-a-year lawyers will be out less than 1% of their paycheck.

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Politicians aren't elected for life but many have made a career out of it. The only way to defeat an incumbent career politician is to catch him in bed with a dead girl or a live boy.
Other than that, all a career politician has to do is talk about helping the little guy as he votes for the corporation and he/she is set for life.
Which is to say that he has to convince people that he is going to do what they want him to do. If they continue to to elect these people, then who is really to blame. Sure, PAC's and lobbyists run big money campaigns and produce a deluge in information and misinformation, so it's up to the individual voter to study and learn about their candidates. This is still a government by , for , and of the people. These people in Washington aren't some magical cadre that is somehow above the people. They ARE the people. They held jobs when they were young, just like you and I. They put their pants on one leg at a time. The Government can't be out to get me, because I AM the government.
Jerry Mandarin

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

The Latest Effort to Fix Election Results: Rig the Electoral College
http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/12/11922/lat...
Despite Wisconsin residents overwhelmingly voting for Democrats in the 2012 elections -- sending progressive powerhouse Tammy Baldwin to the U.S. Senate and reelecting President Barack Obama by 6.8 points -- five of the state's eight newly-drawn congressional districts voted out of sync with the majority of Wisconsinites and went for GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney. This is largely because the GOP reworked congressional maps to their party's benefit during the redistricting process that followed the 2010 census and elections. Now, Republicans in Wisconsin are discussing plans to allocate the state's electoral college votes according to these new Congressional districts, giving the GOP a chance for victory in a state that has elected Democrats in each of the past seven Presidential elections.

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Jerry Mandarin wrote:
The Latest Effort to Fix Election Results: Rig the Electoral College
http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/12/11922/lat...
Despite Wisconsin residents overwhelmingly voting for Democrats in the 2012 elections -- sending progressive powerhouse Tammy Baldwin to the U.S. Senate and reelecting President Barack Obama by 6.8 points -- five of the state's eight newly-drawn congressional districts voted out of sync with the majority of Wisconsinites and went for GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney. This is largely because the GOP reworked congressional maps to their party's benefit during the redistricting process that followed the 2010 census and elections. Now, Republicans in Wisconsin are discussing plans to allocate the state's electoral college votes according to these new Congressional districts, giving the GOP a chance for victory in a state that has elected Democrats in each of the past seven Presidential elections.
Didn't do them a whole lot of good, did it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Why does anyone living inside a metropolitan city need to own a vehicle? Taxpayers across the nation are stripped of hard earned money to provide public transportation to these individuals. Still, their highways are packed with bumper to bumper traffic sitting at a stand still because of accidents involving death and serious injuries. Every day in large cities across the nation, children are killed and injured needlessly as a result of their parents selfish and irresponsible fetishes. Nobody residing in a metro or the suburbs surround it has the "Need" to own a personal transport devise. Their are many methods of transportation available to the. They have public buses that are inexpensive and reliable. They have trains and subway systems which are subsidized by taxpayers. They have private taxi services available 24 hours each day 365 days each year. They have international airports and shuttle services to and from the train stations. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for a city dweller to possess a privately owned vehicle yet hundreds of millions of these people feel the need to compensate their shortcomings buy purchasing something as dangerous as an automobile. On average, 40,000 people die every month as a result of automobile accidents. These deaths are all preventable. We need to enact legislation making it a crime to own or operate a automobile for anyone living in or around a city where public transportation alternatives exist!

Ban all sales of automobiles to anyone with a metropolitan address! Prohibit private sales of automobiles in and around metro areas and require all sales from a metro resident to a rural resident take place at a licensed dealership or at the DMV located inside the city where the vehicle is being transferred to to ensure that the buyer resides in a rural location where public transportation is non-existent.

Implement fines and punishments for anyone with a metro address caught operating a motor vehicle within a area covered by the public transportation systems.

Implementation of these laws will reduce the number and frequency of needless deaths and serious injuries cause by unreasonably selfish individuals who never needed to own or operate a motor vehicle in the first place.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is to say that he has to convince people that he is going to do what they want him to do. If they continue to to elect these people, then who is really to blame. Sure, PAC's and lobbyists run big money campaigns and produce a deluge in information and misinformation, so it's up to the individual voter to study and learn about their candidates. This is still a government by , for , and of the people. These people in Washington aren't some magical cadre that is somehow above the people. They ARE the people. They held jobs when they were young, just like you and I. They put their pants on one leg at a time. The Government can't be out to get me, because I AM the government.
Congressional ethics investigators could soon be silenced
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/29/politics/congre...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You can go to tools, options, advanced, general and click on "check my spelling as I type".
That will ensure that any misspelled word is flagged but it doesn't help out with grammar or punctuation.
Like I said before, I don't have spell check to turn on like you do. I rely on my brain.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Accomplished Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay smartypants.
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
lol
As much as a woodchuck needs. and maybe some to sell depending on what he needs or wants if a real one could. LOL

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting curious about the male genitalia.
No, should I?

“Conservatives Are Liars!”

Since: Jun 10

Martinez, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is fictional, then you were the one telling the story.
YOU admitted here on these threads that you have been divorced twice.
YOU admitted here on these threads that your third husband cheated on you.
YOU stated here, more than once, that you could not afford insurance, that you had to wait until Medicare to be covered.
You may think that no one read it, but I did. I am more than sure that others did too. They might not want to admit it to your face, but believe me, they didn't forget it.
So you go right ahead and live in your own delusional little world. I would prefer to live in the real world where I am more than adequately covered by insurance, as is my wife, who has never cheated on me, nor have I cheated on her. Nor does she brag about wearing skinny jeans and thongs and all the men that flirt with her. She acts her age instead of being like you, who tries way to hard to be young way beyond her expiration date. It is a really sad thing to see in a woman of your advanced age.
Maybe one of your resolutions should be to actually act your age in the coming year, instead of like a desperate horny teeny bopper. Another one should be to try to remember what all YOU wrote on these threads that can later come back to haunt you. If you donít want people to talk about it, then donít put it out there.
My wish for you in the new year is to find a FOURTH husband that wonít cheat and cares enough about you to get you some insurance. But donít count on it. I imagine most men see you exactly as I do. Pathetic.
You sure take a perverted interest in some people's personal lives here. It's creepy.

"You may think that no one read it, but I did. I am more than sure that others did too. They might not want to admit it to your face, but believe me, they didn't forget it."

You make a point of reading EVERYTHING of a personal nature about some people. I never read that and most normal people wouldn't even remember such insignificant trivia. You brag about your wonderful, fulfilling life, but if you truly had one, you wouldn't have this obsessive need to put your nose in other peoples' lives and on the internet no less.

Get a clue: No one cares what you think you know about other posters here, and no one cares what you think of them and most important, no one cares about you and your life, your wife or anything else you boast about so arrogantly.

You're a lonely, pathetic little person with issues about people who threaten you or intimidate you.

Get a life of your own.

“Conservatives Are Liars!”

Since: Jun 10

Martinez, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans only know one thing... how to WHINE after an election.
LOL! No kidding, and they sure have been doing a lot of it here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said before, I don't have spell check to turn on like you do. I rely on my brain.
Butt smell chick well mini mice smelling miss steaks

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you try to sound like a fool intentionally or does that happen naturally.
No more foolish than you do, naturally, Rico, and your IQ doesn't automatically give you an exemption as it naturally should. LOL

“No Answers, Only Questions”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it does. We, the people, elect representatives. If those representatives stay in office, it is by the will of "we the people". If and when "we the people" aren't satisfied with our representatives, well, they aren't elected for life.
Let's see.

Impoverished senators? Nope.

Bankrupt representatives? Nope.

Pauper presidents? Nope.

Moneyless mayors? Nope.

Would you like to take a short quiz on the financial status of prominent political nominees and match them with their corporate and Hollywood sponsors?

Choice? Nope.

With all due respect, you have fallen victim to the trope that all arguments are of equal merit. They aren't. I have the facts of history on my side.

Remember Hillary Clinton in 2008? Oprah endorsed Obama or we'd be saying Madam President.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled program - Bash The Liberals.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Rich people should pay more taxes simply for being rich.
Then what would be the incentive for being rich, Rico? Altruism, compassion? Tolerance for those who have no incentive? No thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••