Poll: Most Americans View Mexico Nega...

Poll: Most Americans View Mexico Negatively

There are 191 comments on the National Journal story from Nov 19, 2012, titled Poll: Most Americans View Mexico Negatively. In it, National Journal reports that:

This word cloud comes from the results of the survey question: "Now, thinking about Mexico, what are three words that come to mind?" As the newly elected Mexican president travels to Washington next week, a new survey released by consulting firm Vianovo on Monday underscores the startling challenges Mexico faces with its international image, ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Journal.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Colima, Mexico

#22 Dec 9, 2012
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
Seems like most Mexicans view Mexico negatively also or they would be sneaking in to the U.S.
That is not it at all

Most make money and return to Mexico

But why work in Mexico when you can go to the USA and get

Free housing
Free food
Free medical care
Free school
Free clothing

Then work under the table for cash
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#23 Dec 9, 2012
Why just use Mexico as an example? What about all the other countries we view negatively. Like those in the Mid East, Africa, Greece, etc. All are in the throes of chaos. Yet, so are we at this point and thanks to things like "Fast and Furious" we have contributed to the problems in Mexico that we complain about so much. We already had drugs, human trafficing all of those things. My issue is the open borders that allow their's to cross over and just add to our own issues.

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#24 Dec 9, 2012
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
Why just use Mexico as an example? What about all the other countries we view negatively. Like those in the Mid East, Africa, Greece, etc. All are in the throes of chaos. Yet, so are we at this point and thanks to things like "Fast and Furious" we have contributed to the problems in Mexico that we complain about so much. We already had drugs, human trafficing all of those things. My issue is the open borders that allow their's to cross over and just add to our own issues.
As a prison gets full here they take the inmates that cost the most to keep in prison and bus them to the border where they cross
They are told if they ever get caught back in Mexico they will get a life sentence

Terminally ill
Ones with infectious diseases
Sexual predators
Child molesters

All cost the most to keep so they are the first sent north
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#25 Dec 9, 2012
My parting thought on this poll. Who in the Hell are we to try and fix other countries when we refuse to honor our country's own law, when we can't even come together as a nation of people like we were in the beginning. One that took care of it's own elderly familiy members, sick or affirmed rather than turning to our country's government to solve all our personal problems for us. Yes, we have charitable organizations that help us do these things now, but where does that money come from? From the American people that give what they can to support each other, small and large businesses. We are a country of arrogant politicians that have led us almost into ruin. It will take generations to fix it, if it can be fixed at all. We can only lead other countries if we go look back and become the Country we were founded to be!!! Free, self sufficient that fought and died for ever acre of land we have.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#26 Dec 9, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
As a prison gets full here they take the inmates that cost the most to keep in prison and bus them to the border where they cross
They are told if they ever get caught back in Mexico they will get a life sentence
Terminally ill
Ones with infectious diseases
Sexual predators
Child molesters
All cost the most to keep so they are the first sent north
I know all this!! I'm just saying, we cannot fix other countries if we can not fix ourselves. The solution starts here, in the United States. Closing ALL borders is the only way to do that until we can somehow get our government back under the control of the citizens of of this country. We must all wake up and see what's happening here. These sick infectious people are not just coming from Mexico. They're coming from all over and our government is allowing it. We are no longer just Americans!! We are a country of self serving individuals, racial groups and government officials.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27 Dec 9, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Really
I am a American that lived for years in Sonoma and Napa Valley
I still have a ranch in Sonoma and Santa Rosa Ca is far more dangerous than most places in Mexico
Yes there are some dangerous places here but tell me Houston, DC or Detroit are not dangerous
Here in Jalisco we have never had a mass shooting in any school or movie theater
Here in the bay are over 500k people and we have had 5 murders this year
Can you show me one city in the USA with 500k people and only 5 murders???
Nope
haven't read anything like this butchering in the US

here is jailisco

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/16/mexi...

and when it does it is almost a given the butchers will come from mexico

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#28 Dec 9, 2012
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>I know all this!! I'm just saying, we cannot fix other countries if we can not fix ourselves. The solution starts here, in the United States. Closing ALL borders is the only way to do that until we can somehow get our government back under the control of the citizens of of this country. We must all wake up and see what's happening here. These sick infectious people are not just coming from Mexico. They're coming from all over and our government is allowing it. We are no longer just Americans!! We are a country of self serving individuals, racial groups and government officials.
Agree 100 percent

Thanks for the post
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#29 Dec 9, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree 100 percent
Thanks for the post
You welcome but it's just the logical thing to me. It's doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it. I don't have a college degree but it's clear as day to me.

“Facts”

Mexico

#30 Dec 10, 2012
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>You welcome but it's just the logical thing to me. It's doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it. I don't have a college degree but it's clear as day to me.
Well you are far smarter than most of the clowns running the country.......

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#31 Dec 10, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you are far smarter than most of the clowns running the country.......
Thir nteligence is ot at question it's their lac of integrity, loyalty, common sense and avarice that should be.

Location hidden

#32 Dec 10, 2012
s/b: lack

Location hidden

#33 Dec 10, 2012
Cap...I need a new keyboard. S/B: Their intelligence is not...

“Facts”

Mexico

#34 Dec 10, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Thir nteligence is ot at question it's their lac of integrity, loyalty, common sense and avarice that should be.
Agree..........But only a moron would watch what oslama is doing and say it is a good thing.....
USA

El Paso, TX

#35 Dec 10, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your anti-liberal spew and shove it.
It is immigrants generally receiving social services, yet most of them are WORKING for low wages, and so the net economic effect is positive for the USA.
Are you suggesting we should not allow illegal immigrant children into the schools, should deny them healthcare, etc., because some Mexicans are criminals?
Interesting that all you gringos are in such abject denial bout the crimes the USA has committed against Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, etc.
Yes, we should not allow illegal immigrant children into the schools, we should deny them healthcare, and the many more services they have no right to use. This is coming from an American Latino not from a gringo. This is not a gringo or racist thing it is about being fair to the American taxpayer. I wonder what would happen if we invaded Mexico and demanded the services that illegals demand here. Illegals are not welcome here if you are here illegally you are not wanted. No denial here just facts.

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#36 Dec 31, 2012
USA wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, we should not allow illegal immigrant children into the schools, we should deny them healthcare, and the many more services they have no right to use. This is coming from an American Latino not from a gringo. This is not a gringo or racist thing it is about being fair to the American taxpayer. I wonder what would happen if we invaded Mexico and demanded the services that illegals demand here. Illegals are not welcome here if you are here illegally you are not wanted. No denial here just facts.
Put the lid on the cookie jar and lock it

The problem will vanish
FritoBandito

San Diego, CA

#37 Dec 31, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Put the lid on the cookie jar and lock it
The problem will vanish
VFW on Orange Ave. in Coronado, CA.. Anytime.... You scared?

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#38 Dec 31, 2012
FritoBandito wrote:
<quoted text>VFW on Orange Ave. in Coronado, CA.. Anytime.... You scared?
Why so scared girly boy???!
FritoBandito

San Diego, CA

#40 Dec 31, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so scared girly boy???!
VFW on Orange Ave. You scared? We're not meeting to talk.

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#41 Dec 31, 2012
FritoBandito wrote:
<quoted text>VFW on Orange Ave. You scared? We're not meeting to talk.
Why can't you shut me up girly boy?????

You claimed if I did not shut up you were going to come down and punch me in the face??????

Why so scared now???

And your cop friends????
Are they she males like you??????

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#42 Dec 31, 2012
FritoBandito wrote:
<quoted text>VFW on Orange Ave. You scared? We're not meeting to talk.
I am still posting????

You promised three months ago that if I did not stop you were coming down to shut me up????

What happened my little she male??????

Why are you so scared now?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North America Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 48 min Denny CranesPlace 328,772
News Winnipeg staying idle in battle against elimina... Thu getoutta myline 3
News Innovation in Space: Canadian companies plannin... May 27 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News Stephen Hume: Steep ferry fares mean hardships ... May 26 Jonathan G 1
News Las Vegas feels magnitude-4.8 earthquake 100 mi... May 24 Local 2
News The Truth About Chiropractors (Apr '13) May 24 rolling the dice 38
News Official travel or campaign rally? It's complic... May 20 Invest in your kids 1
More from around the web