More than meets the eye

Oct 11, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Grayson News Gazette

Two cats have taken up residence in the basement of Doca s private practice. The older of the two animals had to have all of his teeth removed.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Oct 15, 2010
wow

United States

#1 Oct 12, 2010
Wow, all of the money Dr. Fulkerson rakes in from our insurance companies and our pockets go to the dogs and cats!!!!(oh, need I forget the jet fuel for her crusades for christianity in central america as well)
No wonder if you can't pay her or run up a bill with her, you won't get seen. The dogs, cats and mexicans come first!!!!
Maybe she'll give one of you or your family members a worm-infested & flea-bitten kitten instead of seeing you as treatment? She seems quite concerned with the animal shelter and such.
Hey, "DOC", why don't you start local? Help the old and poor HERE!!!!!! IN GRAYSON COUNTY??? AT LEAST IN THE USA?????? I am so sick of people flying out to these upside-down nations trying to change things....
IT HAS TO START HERE!!!!!!!!
Seriously

United States

#2 Oct 12, 2010
While I agree with you in your assessment of staying home and helping Americans first, I have to disagree with your complete hatred of a person that helps animals. Dr. F is not a good dr in my opinion, and I stopped going to her after my third appointment. I bashed her privatly to my friends, but not online because I honestly don't believe in throwing stones.

Animals are helpless creatures. I live with the thinking that God placed them in our CARE for a reason. Perhaps one of those reasons was to test us? Remember the story of how Jesus went to a home of a rich man dressed in filthy rags and was turned away and then went to the home of a poor man and was welcomed in and shared with? I'm not saying animals are on the level Christhood, but perhaps by showing love and compassion to one of Gods creatures that has no way to ever say thank you, or to pay it back is a test to our hearts/souls? I'm not exactly saying this right so early in the morning, so be nice when you bash me please!
Now, about taking care of Americans first: I 100% agree with you! For some strange reason people seem to flock to the third world countries when there is so much help needed right here in their own back yards. Let's take the recent tragidy in Hati. Millions of dollars were raised in a very short time to help them. Government aide was flown out almost instantly. Thousands of volunteers flew in to help, so many that they actually had to turn some away! People could tweet in money, text in money, facebook in money.... Remember Katrina? The help the needed didn't come for DAYS. They were given camping trailers and promised help that never came... I could go on and on but I'm tired of typing, and it's a little too early for me.

Let's help our own fellow Americans first.

Since: Sep 09

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Oct 12, 2010
Two things I extracted from this article:

1. Dr. Fulkerson is a Transformer.

2. A omnipotent deity spends his time telling her where she should take a trip to next.
wow

United States

#5 Oct 12, 2010
I agree with you tiredofthiscounty for once!!! She is extemely weird and to listen to a voice in your head, AND FOLLOW THAT VOICE is definitely strange, especially when a Dr. is doing it. In the DSM-4 it is called "command voices".....a symptom of mental illness....
lollipopfreeze

Louisville, KY

#6 Oct 12, 2010
Seriously wrote:
While I agree with you in your assessment of staying home and helping Americans first, I have to disagree with your complete hatred of a person that helps animals. Dr. F is not a good dr in my opinion, and I stopped going to her after my third appointment. I bashed her privatly to my friends, but not online because I honestly don't believe in throwing stones.
Animals are helpless creatures. I live with the thinking that God placed them in our CARE for a reason. Perhaps one of those reasons was to test us? Remember the story of how Jesus went to a home of a rich man dressed in filthy rags and was turned away and then went to the home of a poor man and was welcomed in and shared with? I'm not saying animals are on the level Christhood, but perhaps by showing love and compassion to one of Gods creatures that has no way to ever say thank you, or to pay it back is a test to our hearts/souls? I'm not exactly saying this right so early in the morning, so be nice when you bash me please!
Now, about taking care of Americans first: I 100% agree with you! For some strange reason people seem to flock to the third world countries when there is so much help needed right here in their own back yards. Let's take the recent tragidy in Hati. Millions of dollars were raised in a very short time to help them. Government aide was flown out almost instantly. Thousands of volunteers flew in to help, so many that they actually had to turn some away! People could tweet in money, text in money, facebook in money.... Remember Katrina? The help the needed didn't come for DAYS. They were given camping trailers and promised help that never came... I could go on and on but I'm tired of typing, and it's a little too early for me.
Let's help our own fellow Americans first.
If this forum only had a "like" button!! Kuddos to you!!
justme

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Oct 12, 2010
I do not like her at all for more than one reason. And I am all for helping animals surely at our local shelter but not keeping them in her office, even in the basement. I am highly allergic to cats as a lot of people are. Nothing like going to the doctor and getting sicker while your there. She just wants to look big helping the other countries but I agree she needs to start caring about the people in our community also.
Anthony Marino

United States

#8 Oct 15, 2010
justme wrote:
I do not like her at all for more than one reason. And I am all for helping animals surely at our local shelter but not keeping them in her office, even in the basement. I am highly allergic to cats as a lot of people are. Nothing like going to the doctor and getting sicker while your there. She just wants to look big helping the other countries but I agree she needs to start caring about the people in our community also.
What would you expect from someone who listens to "command voices" in her head and goes overseas to preach the gospel she doesn't even truly follow? She is a wing nut!!! She can't even look ANYONE in the eye for more than 10 seconds without looking away as she knows she is a phony, plain and simple.
Why

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Oct 15, 2010
Who really cares that she has cats in her basement why in the world is it so important to make the newspaper??? There are plenty other things that happened in this town and around the world that way more important lol only the news gazette.
Seriously

United States

#10 Oct 15, 2010
lollipopfreeze wrote:
<quoted text>
If this forum only had a "like" button!! Kuddos to you!!
Thank you. I had difficulty keeping my thoughts in order due to my just waking up, and typing on my cell.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicaragua Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miss Gay Nicaragua to Fight Homophobia Jun '14 Belle Sexton 4
New Nicaragua - Costa Rica Travel Video (Jul '13) Jul '13 Break Central Ame... 1
Building Goodness Foundation Expands Mission to... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Nurse 6
Sweating in the dark: blackouts in Bilwi (Jun '12) Sep '12 miami fl 2
Why Nicaragua is a great vacation option? (May '12) Jul '12 tonto 4
Dangerous Cult living on Ometepe Island (May '12) May '12 ometepino 1
What Countries can Nicaraguan's travel to ? (Jul '08) Apr '12 Juan Jose Callas 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Nicaragua Travel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••