Chinese rail link to Nepal via Tibet ...

Chinese rail link to Nepal via Tibet in 5 years

There are 60 comments on the The New Nation story from Apr 26, 2008, titled Chinese rail link to Nepal via Tibet in 5 years. In it, The New Nation reports that:

“Prime Minister Girija Prasad Koirala was told by a visiting Chinese delegation during a meeting Friday the Chinese government has begun the railway extension project on its side to link with the Nepal-China border”

AFP, Kathmandu China has started to build a rail link between Tibet and Nepal that could drastically reduce Kathmandu's trade reliance on its giant southern neighbour India, officials said Saturday. via The New Nation

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The New Nation.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
atom

Beijing, China

#45 May 30, 2008
EX-Kabeer wrote:
Have you heard of Chinese policy called "Palm and five fingers"?
The Palm is Tibet and fingers are Nepal, Bhutan, Sikkim, Indian North East and Ladakh.
It knows that it can not gobble up Sikkim, Indian North East and Ladakh as they are part of Indian territory and are well protected.
Even Bhutan is well protected by Indian Army so the only state that is vulnerable to capture by China is Nepal.
If nepalese don't learn from fate on Tibetan, we will see nepalese begging for chinese mercy within 2 decades from now. Wake up.
I am a Chinese, but I never heard the so-called policy you have mentioned. Maybe it only exists in your HIV infected brain.
LOL
And we don't want capture any land that do not belongs to us.Do you think Bhutan and Nepal are very important to us? I can't find any reason to occupy those area. Even India is not an idea target.We don't want to capture lands with dense population while lack of resources.
Maybe you have the aspirations to annex all the countries in south Asia.OK just do it,if you have the ability, but please find a better excuse other than protecting them from China's invasion.
By the way, it's wiser to be China's friend than to be China's enemy. You will understand it by seeing what our brother-country Pakistan get from China.Maybe the rail is a sign to show Nepal's determination to breakaway from your so-called protection.
Don't cheat yourself guy!
At least four large scale wars in south Asia involve india,but only one involves China.
Who threaten the peace of south Asia?
We are happy to supply real security and helps for Nepal and Bhutan if they have the will to go out of India's control.
Thisuc

Shenzhen, China

#46 May 30, 2008
At least four large scale wars in south Asia involve india,but only one involves China.
Who threaten the peace of south Asia?
We are happy to supply real security and helps for Nepal and Bhutan if they have the will to go out of India's control.

atom,I support you !
sam

Mumbai, India

#47 May 31, 2008
thanks for those criticism of my earlier post. by chance i opened this site to see so much reaction. great. in my opinion poverty is a relative word. those millions who live in shanties in india may look poor before your eyes. but scratch the surface and talk to them. most of those are happy to be living and do not bother what you think about them. in many villages of bhutan you do not see money in circulation at all but they eat emadatshi and rice. they live virtually on zero dollar a day. call them poor is wrong. india has many poor in your estimation but for them they will take objection if you call them poor. and they do use cellphone if not tissue paper. you may call it prosperity but i disagree.
Digusted

Fairfield, Australia

#48 May 31, 2008
sam wrote:
thanks for those criticism of my earlier post. by chance i opened this site to see so much reaction. great. in my opinion poverty is a relative word. those millions who live in shanties in india may look poor before your eyes. but scratch the surface and talk to them. most of those are happy to be living and do not bother what you think about them. in many villages of bhutan you do not see money in circulation at all but they eat emadatshi and rice. they live virtually on zero dollar a day. call them poor is wrong. india has many poor in your estimation but for them they will take objection if you call them poor. and they do use cellphone if not tissue paper. you may call it prosperity but i disagree.
So miilions of indian poors are happy to live from hands to mouths like a beggars in a cage like you told us! What a lie and misinformation to condemn these dispossessed people and their plights. So You are happy to keep them that way forever while you can enjoy your parasitical "good" life supported by their sweat and hard labour? Shame on you sam! Shame indeed Sam!
Dchen

Aptos, CA

#49 May 31, 2008
You can find them almost everywhere on thia board, across the China, HK, Japan, Australia and Canada sections.

Read around you will find some funny topics about an unknown indian US reporter in the Japan forum?What has that got to do with Japan?

Another indian advertising himself for women in the HK forum?
The spammers are everywhere.
Spectrum

Australia

#50 May 31, 2008
CHINA AND INDIA ARE THE PRESENT WORLD ECONOMY DRIVERS
CHINA AND INDIA ARE MANAGING MILLIONS OF POPULATION WHICH IS MORE THAN 37.2 OF WORLD POPULATION
CHINA IS COMMUNIST COUNTRY AND INDIA IS DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY
WESTERN ECONOMISTS ARE WANDERING THE ECONOMIC MIRACLE OR ECONOMIC SHIFT
RAIL LINK BETWEEN TIBET AND NEPAL IS GOOD FOR NEPAL FOR FULFILLING DEMANDS OF NEPAL.
sam

Mumbai, India

#51 May 31, 2008
Digusted wrote:
<quoted text>
So miilions of indian poors are happy to live from hands to mouths like a beggars in a cage like you told us! What a lie and misinformation to condemn these dispossessed people and their plights. So You are happy to keep them that way forever while you can enjoy your parasitical "good" life supported by their sweat and hard labour? Shame on you sam! Shame indeed Sam!
your adjectives are questionable. who are we to call them poor or dispossessed? they have strong family bonding and live in a large community. they may have eight children but they do not moan for the extra heads they produce.nor their children crib their parents for bringing them into this world. they are non consumerism society and studies have shown to be more happy than you believe. who am i to keep them dispossessed? dispossessed of what? money or babies? let them be happy where ever they are be in india, nepal, china or in the west. we human beings must respect them and allow them to be happy without judging them as poor just because they do not have more of those paper called money.
Digusted

Fairfield, Australia

#52 May 31, 2008
sam wrote:
<quoted text>
your adjectives are questionable. who are we to call them poor or dispossessed? they have strong family bonding and live in a large community. they may have eight children but they do not moan for the extra heads they produce.nor their children crib their parents for bringing them into this world. they are non consumerism society and studies have shown to be more happy than you believe. who am i to keep them dispossessed? dispossessed of what? money or babies? let them be happy where ever they are be in india, nepal, china or in the west. we human beings must respect them and allow them to be happy without judging them as poor just because they do not have more of those paper called money.
I saw many poors begging and asking for help to survive while I was in India. So begging to survive is a happy occupation for these poors? They scour rubbish dumps to survive and make ends meet and so you are happy to see that and consider them happy? It is not their faults having to survive this sad and impoverished ways. Look like you like to keep them that way!!! Is this the Indian caste system at work by indians being indifference to their plights?
Andrez Lopez

United States

#53 Jun 1, 2008
Only recently the Kunming-Bankok highway was completed. And now we have the Chinese rail link to Nepal via Tibet in 5 years. This shows that the intergration of Asia is becoming soon a reality.
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#54 Jun 1, 2008
Andrez Lopez wrote:
Only recently the Kunming-Bankok highway was completed. And now we have the Chinese rail link to Nepal via Tibet in 5 years. This shows that the intergration of Asia is becoming soon a reality.
Sure is. We're building a RR to Burma too
MyView

Minneapolis, MN

#56 Jun 3, 2008
EX-Kabeer wrote:
I know you are a communist nation where information is not available freely so I can understand propaganda that chinese post day in day out.
Really ?

Is the following a propaganda ?

http://www.prospect-magazine.co.uk/article_de...
yugung

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#57 Jun 3, 2008
EX-Kabeer wrote:
Chinese recently tried gobbling up tri-junction area (where China, Indian-sikkim and Bhutan meet). It also tried to occupy small bhutanese territory just last year.
What do u mean by "tried to" do this or that?
It it some kind of mind reading?
LOL

Surprise, AZ

#58 Jun 4, 2008
EX-Kabeer wrote:
Chinese recently tried gobbling up tri-junction area (where China, Indian-sikkim and Bhutan meet). It also tried to occupy small bhutanese territory just last year. I know you are a communist nation where information is not available freely so I can understand propaganda that chinese post day in day out.
Keep living in delusion. You nation is threat to western world as well as all its neighbours but you keep whining as if you are some kind of victim. I think Japanese know chinese very well and also know how to take care of Chinese.
If China wants to take the land, I doubt India can stop China. The fact is there is no point taking those land. Indian should feel less insecure because in modern day, territory doesn't equal wealth or power. Economic and technological strength is what counts.
sam

India

#59 Jun 7, 2008
China is thinking of linking Nepal with their territory is a good news. Next in line is link between Kathmandu and India via Hetuada. This link will reduce distance from the border to Kathmandu from present 280 kms to 110 kms.
Trevor Swistchew

Netherlands

#60 Jul 16, 2008
yugung wrote:
Eventually, the railroad will reach India.
Please be nice to each other. Every body enjoy the prosperity.
CCP no kind rule from gun how China no tell Hu to GO?
dipen kathmandu Nepal

Glasgow, UK

#61 Jul 22, 2008
i'm so happy to hear about chinese rail link to nepal vai tibet, which is such a good news so that we don't have to rely our trade only with India and their inteference in our politics. In fact India always fear that Nepal will have strong bond with china and loose their monopoly in nepal. I welcome with my heart and soul the idea of china rail link to nepal and I hope china and nepal relation gets better and stronger than ever.
raj

Kathmandu, Nepal

#62 Jul 31, 2008
ok that is true china rail link nepal throught tibet but this project cannot sucess coz now also minister is see for coroption and it will no success thus i am nepali but also i will no see my country as a positive. www.solution2world.blogspot.com
Viet Kieu

Danville, CA

#63 Jul 31, 2008
Mr Bombay wrote:
You are right Mr Ex Kabeer
Because we use to our work place India not China. Every things we get foods oil from India its our motherland.
more then 60 million Nepali people are living India they are ready to board Nepal.
Please correct me if I am wrong, I thought Nepal has only less than 30 mil peoples, why such 60 million in India ?
SexCityFiji Nepali

Bankstown, Australia

#64 Aug 1, 2008
america - hollywood, india- bollywood, china - chingwood and nepal - hillywood. Verywell protected by great wall of love and freedom.
SexCityFiji Nepali

Bankstown, Australia

#65 Aug 1, 2008
fryrice

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nepal Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nepal trekking agencies doubt Annapurna safety ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 be careful 1
News Basingstoke hospital staff will travel to Nepal... (May '15) May '15 maybe needed at home 1
News Cdn in Nepal says Ottawa not doing enough (Apr '15) May '15 Tourista 2
NEPAL SAVAGEs! (May '15) May '15 NEPAL SAVAGES 1
News Infants born to gay Israelis via surrogate moms... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Buybull Mullahs 7
News Modi Holds Talks With Nepal PM, 10 Pacts Inked (Nov '14) Nov '14 Trehan 1
News Lumbini to get a facelift; 3-agreements to be s... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Wellnepal 1
More from around the web