Netherlands to stop budget aid to Mozambique

Jul 13, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Sep 17, 2012
Paul Charles

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#1 Jul 19, 2012
At least, they woke up, stop feeding those African thief politicians and presidents, poor children's never get the money, we donate, instead, those millions, are used, to buy expensive Mercedes-Benz cars, luxurious mansions, and wealth bank accounts in Switzerland. This's a message, to Mr Prime minister Cameron, wake up, and do the same, as Netherlands, or maybe, you're sharing our millions, with those African animals.
Gustav

Johannesburg, South Africa

#2 Aug 28, 2012
Paul Charles wrote:
At least, they woke up, stop feeding those African thief politicians and presidents, poor children's never get the money, we donate, instead, those millions, are used, to buy expensive Mercedes-Benz cars, luxurious mansions, and wealth bank accounts in Switzerland. This's a message, to Mr Prime minister Cameron, wake up, and do the same, as Netherlands, or maybe, you're sharing our millions, with those African animals.
Hi Paul, you i wondering where did you learn english for you have a very bad vocabulary on refering to africans.But i wouldnt be much suprised, all you need is to study biology and you will find out the difference between man and animal. Also know that living in UK and being english does not make you important or better than an african men.Should you waant to talk about politions do but dont generalize, simply precise to whom you refering. I am an african specifically from Mocambique, but belive me i am not as so much ignorant as you are.Think twice before you say a word in regard of other nations. I am not a polititian but a proud african citisen. Take care... Paul.
Sidney

Mozambique

#3 Aug 30, 2012
Using bad language does not help. It makes people react to the language, not to the content of the idea expressed.

I am not Mozambican, but I live in Mozamnbique. I have seen areas around Maputo with luxurious mansions, and 50K USD (or more) cars and 4x4s, zooming around, with some wealthy mozambicans inside, who like to show off with their expensive clothes, and flashy attitude.

And right inside the capital, I have seen roads in very bad shape, neighborhoods where there is no drainage, no proper water supply, no proper electricity distribution, no proper transport that causes thousands of poor but respectable mozambican citizens to stand and wait for the scarce public & private buses (maintained in catastrophic conditions).

Where does the aid money go??? to fix the public facilities??? or to buy Land Rovers for the leading political elite?
Anonymous

Satellite Provider

#4 Aug 30, 2012
Well put Sidney..
Gustav

Johannesburg, South Africa

#5 Sep 3, 2012
I totally agree with you Sidney. but the most trigaring situation in many african countries is the fact of the opposition Parties being so uselless that people look around and they see no one elso with capacity of taking over the freedom fight's parties.
Strong opponent is what we lake off.
Thus they see themselves as the everlasting party on power. Corruption seems to be the most vital motivation into politics... unfortunatilly.
James

Maputo, Mozambique

#6 Sep 17, 2012
Gustav, this is a typical FRELIMO propoganda point, that opposition parties don't have the capacity. With such pitiful governance taking place right now in Maputo could they be any worse than the greedy fools who currently put stockpiling land and cars ahead of helping the people. Today in Maputo we all suffered black outs. Traffic is becoming more and more chaotic whilst most of us suffer the inhumane transport that is cramming 20 people into a chapa. We've had bread riots, we had a paiol explosing kill 100 innocent citizens due to absolute incompetence. THrough in ridiculous fuel subsidies at election time and the absurd "Cesta Básica" and I think you would agree that suggesting FRELIMO has sufficient capacity is absurd. Mozambique needs change to shake up the thieves at the top who are getting fatter, and letting the other corrupt (ex: traffic police!) also get fatter and fatter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mozambique Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mozambique: LAM Explains Delays in Its Flights Jul '14 Arlindo Esperma 1
Weekend getaway: Hotel Cardoso, Maputo (May '13) Jul '13 Carlos 2
China loans Mozambique $682m (Jul '12) Jun '13 CCP needs a STUPI... 30
Jobless Portuguese seek Utopia in Moz (Jul '12) Aug '12 Gustav 3
Mozambique: South Korea Interested in Mozambica... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Daud tete 1
Former luxury hotel to squat (Feb '11) Feb '11 Claradacyok 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Mozambique Travel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••