Asia edges towards giant free trade zone: ASEAN

Aug 31, 2012 Full story: Maktoob Business

Sixteen nations home to roughly half the world's population have agreed "in principle" to create a free trade area spanning Asia, the secretary-general of ASEAN said Friday.

Full Story
ConvertSray

Fairfield, Australia

#1 Sep 1, 2012
This issue is depends on China .
China can say yes or no.
Drgunzet

Boise, ID

#3 Sep 1, 2012
ConvertSray wrote:
This issue is depends on China .
China can say yes or no.
The best way to have a free trade between any two nations is: Two nations are different in productions with no overlapping. ASEAN is better off to have free trades with USA, EU. They have high tech, ASEAN has low techs.

China is so similar to other countries in ASEAN. China cheaper low tech will crush ASEAN's low tech.
Drgunzet

Boise, ID

#4 Sep 1, 2012
Russia and two other countries with dominant Russians populations have been pulling out of the Shanghai-block trade as China has been too dominant. The new three-country Russian block is negotiating free trade with Vietnam.

That is the way it should be. Further more, there is no such thing as free trade with China. Look at last year, China suddenly stopped exporting rare-earth to Japan and brought Japan electronics industry to its knee. That was to punish Japan for challenge China over a small island (under Japan control at the moment).

You cannot have any agreement with China. China is too big, too strong and will break the agreement at anytime it sees fit. Trading with USA is a lot safer and better.
Kulet Jonk

United States

#5 Sep 2, 2012
I would like to trade my Kulet Jonk with Wierdnamess

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malaysia Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bahrain has always been economic, business hub,... Thu MOMIN ANSARI 491
Vietnam's promotional booth at international fa... Nov 14 NUCAPGRAGKILKHMER... 6
Malaysia PM calls for real-time tracking of planes (May '14) Nov 7 hhh 3
Malaysia Airlines trying to win back trust Oct 31 hmm 1
Malaysia Airlines Is Hemorrhaging Money, Flying... Oct 29 _malon_goblok 7
Malaysia's PM meets new Indonesian President in... Oct '14 Crush Em 2013 2
Singapore looking to break records in tourist a... (Jul '11) Oct '14 suresh 7

Malaysia Travel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE