Museum unveils artist's big rock work

There are 12 comments on the Jun 25, 2012, KNVA-TV Austin story titled Museum unveils artist's big rock work. In it, KNVA-TV Austin reports that:

The rock was the star as the Los Angeles County Museum of Art pulled the covers off artist Michael Heizer's latest creation - a 340-ton boulder positioned to appear as though it's floating in midair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNVA-TV Austin.

Parden pard

Northampton, PA

#1 Jun 25, 2012
It's a fake boulder,,,,,hollow inside,!(340 lbs)

“goodbye topix”

Since: Jun 12

Im not here

#2 Jun 25, 2012
Heizer just loves these grand scale artworks, may be he was a pyrymid designer in his last life. He'd make for an inspiring arcitect.
hmmmmm

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Jun 25, 2012
a rock is art ?????
I have a whole art museum in my back 2 acres then.

“goodbye topix”

Im not here

#4 Jun 25, 2012
hmmmmm wrote:
a rock is art ?????
I have a whole art museum in my back 2 acres then.
Yeh, I know right. It becomes art if it's intensionally used to express somethin and is manipulated outta its found (natural) enviroment.
Art Critic Knucklehead

Hainesport, NJ

#5 Jun 25, 2012
"The Rock" rocks. Takes real talent to dig up a rock?

“goodbye topix”

Im not here

#6 Jun 25, 2012
Art Critic Knucklehead wrote:
"The Rock" rocks. Takes real talent to dig up a rock?
hee hee. It's the wanting to get a rock and put it someplace else, and seeing the expression of an idea behind it that's the talent. Puting what's in your imagination into practise is the talent.
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#7 Jun 25, 2012
Ohhh, "rock"!!!

Gotta learn to read one of these days.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#8 Jun 25, 2012
i once found a flat stone that looked like "Wilson" from the movie Cast Away. Thats was Much more interesting - if i may say so myself. lol

true story..
lol
Art Critic Knucklehead

Bristol, PA

#9 Jun 25, 2012
_Absinthe_ wrote:
<quoted text>
hee hee. It's the wanting to get a rock and put it someplace else, and seeing the expression of an idea behind it that's the talent. Puting what's in your imagination into practise is the talent.
The article says the rock is "positioned to appear to be floating in mid air", however the video does not show the rock from any angle where that appears so.
TravelExplosion- dot-com

Bronx, NY

#10 Jun 25, 2012
Travel videos, world flags and tourist information at Travel Explosion!

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#11 Jun 25, 2012
If you're stoned enough any rock appears to float.

“goodbye topix”

Im not here

#12 Jun 26, 2012
Art Critic Knucklehead wrote:
<quoted text> The article says the rock is "positioned to appear to be floating in mid air", however the video does not show the rock from any angle where that appears so.
Yeh, I thought that too. "Off the trail" has the answer to our question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iggy Azalea's shopping excursion in Ferrari tur... Apr 18 Bobby T Canada 6
News An eyewitness account of Cuba's shocking wretch... (Jun '14) Apr 16 U S MALE 17
News The Truth About Chiropractors (Apr '13) Feb '15 Chiropractor From... 37
News TLC Reaches Their Goal For Their Kickstarter Ca... Jan '15 TheAfroHedgehog 1
News Eerie In Erieville: What do you do with a house... (Oct '11) Dec '14 Zeb 11
News J-Lo talk es en fuego at Caesars; Steve Wynn se... Dec '14 Rb RECORDS 1
News Los Angeles mayor presses China to allow more H... Nov '14 New China 1
More from around the web