Poland in midst of transformation

Sep 29, 2009 Full story: Regina Leader Post 14

Warsaw's old town has been regentrified after being obliterated during the Second World War.

Full Story

“Safe pair of hands”

Since: Nov 08

where the trouble is

#1 Sep 29, 2009
it seems to me, the above description by those ex-polaks were very diplomatic.
the way i saw warsaw, just one big rabbit hutch built just to house people.
Chrobry

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Sep 29, 2009
pesky the real deal wrote:
You are nothing but a hurtful ignoramus who sees to it to smear everything you hate. Do you even love yourself? If you do, run to a psychiatrist for an express psycho-social evaluation to address your pernicious pathology. You poor thing....

“Safe pair of hands”

where the trouble is

#3 Sep 30, 2009
as matter of fact i am just fine, many admire my honesty, they love it.
as we all know, the truth is hard to take.
warsaw is just one big rabbit hutch !
Abe

Putnam Valley, NY

#4 Sep 30, 2009
pesky the real SLOWvak IDIOT wrote:
It seems that way to you because you are a Nazi Slowvak Idiot.
Abe

Putnam Valley, NY

#5 Sep 30, 2009
pesky the real NAZI SLOWvak IDIOT wrote:
as matter of fact I like to masturbate and I enjoy being a Slowvak Idiot!
I know.

“Safe pair of hands”

where the trouble is

#6 Sep 30, 2009
iranian activists for human rights, freedom and democracy - received the Lech Walesa Award in Gdansk on Tuesday.
"There is still a lot to do in the part of the world where you come from," Walesa told the laureates.
why would anyone listen to some electrician
about what needs to be done anywhere ?

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#7 Sep 30, 2009
Really, the article says that it was a good job Poland got invaded in 1939.
Abe

Putnam Valley, NY

#8 Sep 30, 2009
Robespierre wrote:
Really, the article says that it was a good job Poland got invaded in 1939.
Of course only a Russian Nazi like yourself would have that conclusion. Your sentiment explains why Russians loved being an ally of Nazi Germany in the first 2 years of WWII.

Fortunately today Russia is too weak to invade a wet paper bag and has to worry about the internal Muslim invasion from South Russia to possibly Moscow which Russia is on pins and needles about.
Rosomak

Lodz, Poland

#9 Sep 30, 2009
Abe wrote:
Fortunately today Russia is too weak to invade a wet paper bag and has to worry about the internal Muslim invasion from South Russia to possibly Moscow which Russia is on pins and needles about.
"Russia is never as strong as she looks; Russia is never as weak as she looks." ( Winston Churchill)
I wouldn't trust people who say that Russia is weak. The Russian army and Russia seems to be nearly the same. We should'nt underestimate Russia.
Rosomak

Lodz, Poland

#10 Sep 30, 2009
"I wouldn't trust people who say that Russia is weak." "people" - I meant journalists
Abe

Putnam Valley, NY

#11 Sep 30, 2009
Rosomak wrote:
<quoted text>
"Russia is never as strong as she looks; Russia is never as weak as she looks." ( Winston Churchill)
I wouldn't trust people who say that Russia is weak. The Russian army and Russia seems to be nearly the same. We should'nt underestimate Russia.
You may be right. Russia has always been an unpredictable country. I was just giving my opinion. Russia could start invading countries tomorrow or Russia could implode tomorrow never to be heard from again.

You never know with that country, but I can understand countries near Russia preferring to error on the side of caution and assuming Russia could be aggressive in the near term, since Russian aggression has been what nearby countries have experienced most of the time.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#13 Sep 30, 2009
Abe wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately today Russia is too weak to invade a wet paper bag ...
Ask Saaskasvili about that; he had a first hand experience !!
Abe

Putnam Valley, NY

#14 Sep 30, 2009
Robespierre wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask Saaskasvili about that; he had a first hand experience !!
Well Russia struggled with Georgia, at least initially. Even Russian officials were critical of the mistakes the Russian army made in the first days of the conflict with Georgia. They recovered since they overall had a much bigger military then Georgia.

But you make a fair point nonetheless. That's why the folks in Russia's neighborhood KEEP and eye on Russia.

“Safe pair of hands”

where the trouble is

#15 Oct 1, 2009
ape,

get ready for english lessons !
KEEP and eye on....polak english, at its best ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Krakow, Poland Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Gordon: Poland Oct '14 Balsa Jovovic 18
Cultural Crackers of Krakow (Jan '14) Jan '14 Clear Dharma 1
Miss Polonia 2013, Maya Rhinehart, of Springfie... (Aug '13) Sep '13 Clear Dharma 188
New Poland Culinary Vacations tours: Pierogi Fe... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Atasas 4
Krakow is European hot spot (Sep '11) Sep '11 Pesky army 1
The Dynamic Duo Behind Poland's Jewish Revival (Jun '08) Jun '08 HealingTime 1
Prince Charles and Camilla open Jewish communit... (Apr '08) Apr '08 ex-purgator 1
More from around the web