The Dynamic Duo Behind Poland's Jewis...

The Dynamic Duo Behind Poland's Jewish Revival

There are 1 comment on the www.forward.com story from Jun 27, 2008, titled The Dynamic Duo Behind Poland's Jewish Revival. In it, www.forward.com reports that:

Wojtek and Malgosia Ornat are pioneers in the promotion of Jewish culture and Jewish-themed tourism in Kazimierz, the old Jewish quarter of Krakow, Poland.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.forward.com.

“...a river of conscience ...”

Since: Oct 07

Scotland

#1 Jun 28, 2008
It's interesting how people with one Jewish grandparent and three Catholic grandparents can consider themselves Jewish rather than Polish.

I wonder if they consider their nationality as Jewish, or do they consider themselves Jewish by religion, or do they feel it more as a cultural bond where they empathize with a historical link that is biassed towards their Jewish ancestors in reference to their Polish ancestors?

Or is it just a business opportunity that has been given a human face?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Krakow, Poland Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Visit the world's top Pierogi Festival and Krak... (Jan '16) Jan '16 uther pendragon 7
News David Gordon: Poland (Oct '14) Oct '14 Balsa Jovovic 18
News Cultural Crackers of Krakow (Jan '14) Jan '14 Clear Dharma 1
News Miss Polonia 2013, Maya Rhinehart, of Springfie... (Aug '13) Sep '13 Clear Dharma 188
News New Poland Culinary Vacations tours: Pierogi Fe... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Atasas 4
News Krakow is European hot spot (Sep '11) Sep '11 Pesky army 1
News Poland in midst of transformation (Sep '09) Oct '09 pesky the real deal 14
More from around the web