Jamaicans No Longer Permitted in the ...

Jamaicans No Longer Permitted in the U.S.

There are 175 comments on the Animal story from Apr 2, 2010, titled Jamaicans No Longer Permitted in the U.S.. In it, Animal reports that:

At least the ones who chat reggae. Some of dancehall's most successful Jamaican artists are in the process of having their visas revoked according to the Jamaica Star , which would top off a terribly depressing week of immigration - fucked news .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Animal.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Tom in Lazybrook

United States

#176 Jul 8, 2010
Blacktigershark wrote:
Finally...something to rejoice about...silence of the bigots...maybe this will help them to grasp the truth of the issues at hand and work towards a solution, rather than conjuring up distorted and partial facts to fingerpoint blame at scapegoats to further a problem and have no real plan on seeking out a solution...
The closet is not a solution. The status quo is not a solution. Gays not being out in public is not a solution.
Blacktigershark

Glasgow, UK

#177 Jul 8, 2010
Tom in Lazybrook wrote:
<quoted text>
The closet is not a solution. The status quo is not a solution. Gays not being out in public is not a solution.
Bigotry is not a solution. Misinterpreting articles of law is not a solution. Stereotyping is not the solution. Discrimination against a nation of mostly innocent people is not a solution. Hypocrisy is not a solution. Fabricating facts and bringing attention to aid one identifiable sect of people by claiming ALL of the crimes against them that resulted in death was brought about by hate crimes that you claim was made by typical heterosexual residents and dissidents like myself is not the answer. Failing to admit that the same issue that you seek to eliminate in one country is present in your home country on a much more grander scale is not the solution. Continually denying the fact that the country that you reside in and are a current resident of is guilty of hate crimes against the same group of people that you seek to protect in another country is not the solution. Making hypocritical statements that in turn show that you have a bias towards certain countries implying discriminatory discretion against the group of people that you claim that you were earlier trying to advocate for that you condemn other countries for by trying to point out that they have legislation that you believe oppresses that same group of people is not the solution. Passing judgement against a country without having been there is not the solution. Jumping to the conclusion that you know every gay victim in Jamaica was killed at the hands of homophobic Jamaican residents is not the solution. Lying by saying that you know several Jamaican residents that are gay and have sought asylum in America is not a solution. Discrediting information that disproves your discriminatory statements while only finding news that paints a nation in a negative light is not the solution. You are not the solution. Educate yourself and thus become a key component of a real solution, not a catalyst to a problem that we are trying to stem worldwide!
Blacktigershark

Glasgow, UK

#178 Jul 8, 2010
Until you accept the fact that you know very little about Jamaica and its 750,000 openly gay and proud residents there, then you will never be the solution!
Tom in Lazybrook

Louisville, KY

#179 Jul 8, 2010
Blacktigershark wrote:
Until you accept the fact that you know very little about Jamaica and its 750,000 openly gay and proud residents there, then you will never be the solution!
Openly Gay? BS. There are two openly Gay men on Jamaica.
Blacktigershark

Glasgow, UK

#180 Jul 8, 2010
Tom in Lazybrook wrote:
<quoted text>
Openly Gay? BS. There are two openly Gay men on Jamaica.
You would never know, because you have never been to Jamaica, nor do you know anyone that is Jamaican...not even the former gay residents of Jamaica that sought refuge in America...that claim of yours was B.S.! Until you can produce proof, you will only be revered as a liar and a bigot!
Blacktigershark

Glasgow, UK

#181 Jul 8, 2010
Funny...2 weeks ago, you swore that there were ZERO openly gay males in Jamaica to date...and you have never been there, and now all of a sudden, there are TWO openly gay males in Jamaica that you are satisfied live there right now and have made themselves known to Americans like you...I guess that should be a priority for EVERY gay Jamaican male to register and check in with you before you actually believe that there are more openly gay males in Jamaica than you can count up to before you make your next ignorant and discriminatory comment, TOM! ROFLMFAO!
Blacktigershark

Glasgow, UK

#182 Jul 8, 2010
http://www.counterpunch.org/mckinney05012008....

Maybe if you lobby residents in your country to elect the author of this article of whom is not blind to the violence that is occurring in America right now, you may be able to save the lives of many minorities across the world, including all those gay Jamaican men that you claim you know...don't be a coward, Tom...TAKE A REAL STAND FOR ONCE!
funfly

Kingston, Jamaica

#183 Jul 10, 2010
i'm a girl.
Blacktigershark

Otley, UK

#184 Jul 10, 2010
Cool...you mean girl as in woman or girl as in child?
Tom in Lazybrook

United States

#185 Jul 10, 2010
Blacktigershark wrote:
Funny...2 weeks ago, you swore that there were ZERO openly gay males in Jamaica to date...and you have never been there, and now all of a sudden, there are TWO openly gay males in Jamaica that you are satisfied live there right now and have made themselves known to Americans like you...I guess that should be a priority for EVERY gay Jamaican male to register and check in with you before you actually believe that there are more openly gay males in Jamaica than you can count up to before you make your next ignorant and discriminatory comment, TOM! ROFLMFAO!
Nah. I think that 2 is about it. Everyone else is cowering in fear. Unfortunately, given the long history of extreme homophobia and violence committed by straight J'cans against Gay J'cans, they are justified at their fear.

I still think that Monarch Pharmacy riot/attempted lynching is representative of a typical Jamaican reaction to an openly gay Jamaican.
Blacktigershark

Otley, UK

#186 Jul 10, 2010
Yeah, keep thinking Tom...if ONLY you had real facts to back up your crackpot theories...LOL! It is amazing to look at ALL of your statements charging ALL Jamaicans with acts of genocide, however, you don't know the sexual orientation of the gunmen in Jamaica, of whom could be said are all gay men that kill heterosexuals at will, at an alarming rate, Tom! I guess if you are going to make assumptions without proof, it is fair for me to make the same assumptions without proof either, right Tom? I think that out of the 1500+ people that were killed in Jamaica in supposed gang violence, 1350 people were killed by gay males that hate heterosexuals and are out to spread stereotypes about heterosexual Jamaicans to further their cause and status in Jamaica, of which they have a gripping stronghold in Jamaica already. Furthermore, people like yourself are publicly condemning heterosexual Jamaicans by charging ALL heterosexual Jamaicans unfairly by grouping them all as violent, homicidal criminals, while you guys funnel drugs and money to these gay gunmen to strengthen their position in Jamaica to continue to kill innocent heterosexual Jamaicans at will. The police do not know what to do, because these gay gunmen have many friends that are gay that are on the prowl for innocent heterosexual Jamaicans on the streets, either looking to rape them or kill them, so the police try to subjugate the gay men they know through surveillance do not have guns, and they try to remove them from the gang wars. Gay Jamaican males make up 80% of the gang populace in Jamaica, and are responsible for 90% of the murders that occur in Jamaica also. This is a regular occurrence in Jamaica on behalf of gay Jamaican males, and their campaign to people like yourself, of whom don't even know where Jamaica is unless these gay Jamaicans tell you where it is, is a way for these gay Jamaicans to command more money from you illiterate and apathetic fake gay rights activists, so that these gay Jamaicans can acquire more guns, drugs and money that you guys provide them to fuel their genocidal war against innocent heterosexual Jamaicans in Jamaica, a genocidal war that people all over the world have been contributing to for the last 40 some years! The truth has to be told here, Tom...gay Jamaicans are the real killers in Jamaica, not heterosexual Jamaicans...the only killings of gay Jamaicans at the hands of heterosexual Jamaicans are the lynchings of gay Jamaicans that the police have indicated to the heterosexual public in the neighbourhood to come up against, citing that the particular gay Jamaican(s) that have been identified are part of the gay Jamaican gang in Jamaica that has taken either the lives or the innocence of many heterosexual Jamaicans, and now that these identified gay Jamaicans are without guns, like they usually are, heterosexual Jamaicans that are living in constant fear of gunshots and death must come up against this evil that gay Jamaicans bring to society and purge them out, Tom! Vigilante justice is the only way that the police can ensure the safety of heterosexual Jamaicans all across the island that constantly live in fear and exile from the mass murdering gay Jamaicans that have overrun the island with their guns, drugs and money that people like you have provided them with! This is the scary reality that ALL heterosexual Jamaicans live with every day of their lives. And still, most heterosexual Jamaicans cannot bring themselves to judge and persecute gay Jamaicans that murder and rape their heterosexual family members daily, despite this last fact being true, because I conjured it up in my head, just like you conjure your facts up in your head, Tom, but unlike you, Tom, I have been to Jamaica, Tom, and I have seen the carnage and dead bodies, Tom, and the only explanation is that most heterosexual Jamaicans are peaceful Christians that don't believe or participate in violence, Tom...only wish gay Jamaicans could chill on the crime!
Blacktigershark

Otley, UK

#187 Jul 10, 2010
I guess the only real reason you would see that there are no "openly" gay males in Jamaica is because most of these gay males don't have time to be taking pictures in the paper trying to repeal a law that does not exist, because they are too busy arming themselves with guns to kill the general heterosexual public in Jamaica that has to cower in fear and shelter themselves from the unwarranted violence that gay Jamaicans wreak on the island. This is fair to say, Tom, because you have never been to Jamaica, and you have no facts to back up your claims, other than a few that you are trying to use as fodder to push your agenda, so that you can ignore the real issue happening here! And that is why you are pushing for visas to be denied to innocent heterosexual Jamaicans, because you are glad to unfairly group and criminalize all heterosexual Jamaicans, so that you have an excuse not to give these persecuted heterosexual Jamaicans asylum in America, so that these same innocent heterosexual Jamaicans have to walk through a war zone just to get to school, work, or the supermarket, where you are praying that they meet their fate and untimely end at the hands of a gay Jamaican gunman, because that is what you really like to see, right Tom? And the deaths of thousands of innocent heterosexual Jamaicans gives you more to talk about, Tom, because you can unfairly charge heterosexual Jamaicans with the murders of these poor victims by blaming the violence and murder on them Tom, right Tom, because who is going to believe that gay Jamaicans are really behind all the gang violence killings? Just like who would believe that Israeli Jews are behind the state sponsored mass murder helicopter missile strikes against innocent Palestinians that are unable to seek refuge outside of Palestine, because they are walled in to a society of death and hopelessness? When was the last time you shook hands with a Palestinian, of whom your government, that sponsors Israel's war of terror upon innocent Palestinians, that escaped persecution and death at the hands of the Israeli government, because that Palestinian was able to escape due to the visas that America was providing Palestinians to escape the violent police-state they live in that was created by the Israeli government? Don't believe me...take the same accounts of documented acts of genocide that Human Rights groups have recognized against Israel, such as the groups that you have mentioned to me are documenting hate crimes in Jamaica, and see which issue they consider MORE serious, Tom...which country is being denounced in the World Court for their crimes against humanity...Israel or Jamaica? That is what I thought, Tom...if your government backs Israel, and the human rights groups like Amnesty International and other human rights groups see the deaths in Israel as MORE of an issue than 35 people being killed in what you are quick to cry are hate crimes, then you have a BIG problem with your government, and the fact that they ignore issues that you think are so grave in Jamaica, while funding countries like Israel to kill THOUSANDS of innocent Palestinians in a gross act of genocide every year, a genocide human rights groups vehemently speak out against because they know that these killings are avoidable and unnecessary! It must be lost on you that 25% of the 2000+ innocent Palestinians that are killed every year by the Israeli government and your government are likely gay...so that means that you are CONTENT to ignore the deaths of 500 Palestinians every year, to persecute innocent heterosexual Jamaicans for the deaths of 35 gay Jamaicans that have died over the past 12 years, that you claim are hate crimes committed by heterosexual Jamaicans, when the verdict is still out on their real causes of death 80% of the time? This is what I call highly hypocritical, Tom, especially from a guy that claims that he is such a gay rights activist...be a real activist, not a fake, Tom...you are a joke!
funfly

Kingston, Jamaica

#188 Jul 12, 2010
i'm a mature "child". i'm fifteen.
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

#189 Jul 14, 2010
Okay funfly...that's cool...I'm an adult myself...I hope that you persevere in every facet of life, and become a self-sufficient woman. Ignore haters that have negative things to say about Jamaicans. MOST of these haters have never stepped foot in Jamaica, much less taken notice of everything that REALLY happens in Jamaica in say a given month in an area of Jamaica...most of the people hating on Jamaicans would change their tune if they saw how MOST Jamaicans are and how things operate down in Jamaica if they were there that long! Stay educated, girl...America is falling right now, so that is why you need to stay focused on what is happening in the world around you, and have some sense and intelligence when you have to face the world and their discriminatory ways, girl, alright?
funfly

Kingston, Jamaica

#190 Jul 17, 2010
thanks:-). that's sweet. i've learned to ignore them, because people who stay like that are just insecure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamaica Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Georgetown teen experienced teaching in Jamaica... (Sep '15) Feb '16 Loonie at par 2
News Mexican hotel chain announces US$900 million in... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Anonymous 1
News Miko Blanco was a limbo legend (Jul '15) Jul '15 Sheba 1
News Ontario Man Dies in Jamaica (May '14) May '14 Huh 2
News Theatre group overwhelmed with donations for Ja... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Iriegroup 1
News Canadian-based Cuba Cruise offers a new view of... (Mar '14) Mar '14 DaveNY 3
News Montego Bay is a tourist paradise (Sep '10) Feb '14 James the Exhibit... 15
More from around the web