Crowds jam Vatican to honor Pope John Paul II

Full story: CNN
Catholic faithful from around the world poured into Rome on Sunday as the Catholic Church declares Pope John Paul II "blessed," a step below sainthood. Full Story
HuhHuh

Weaverville, NC

#1 May 1, 2011
Correct my memory, but this man certainly was not "saintly" during his time on Earth. He was just "a pope".
HuhHuh

Weaverville, NC

#3 May 2, 2011
AbeUG wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he did kind of come close to it on Earth.
Telling billions of humans not to use condoms, so that millions of people contract HIV and other STDs is not "saintly".
HuhHuh

Weaverville, NC

#5 May 3, 2011
AbeUG wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of those millions who got STDs and HIV had sex outside of marriage which he and his religion were against.
HIV and AIDS transmission is not just from gay men, FYI.

But, since you're a Christian, I don't care if you contract it or not, it's your responsibility to figure out how to protect yourself, not mine.
HuhHuh

Weaverville, NC

#7 May 4, 2011
AbeUG wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mention anything about gay people, when I was referencing that people get HIV and AIDS. You do know realize that heterosexual people get these diseases every year?
Are you gay? Is this what this is all about?
<quoted text>
Who says I'm Christian? Who says I'm even religious? I just think John Paul II was a good man because I saw the effect he had on much of the world.
<quoted text>
No kidding.
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. You're just a nut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Italy Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hermitage Museum Tops TripAdvisor Rankings Sep '14 dating older women 1
Which is the best way to explore Lake Como beauty? Sep '14 villalake 1
Andrew Medichini / AP Photo A Gay Wedding in Ro... (Oct '12) Jul '14 Nick 14
Pride Without Borders Jun '14 Congressional Rep... 3
France's first M&M's store opens in Paris airport (Jun '14) Jun '14 personally 7
Kim, Kanye and Kardashian crowd converge on Paris (May '14) May '14 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
Bloodied shirt, unwashed fork: JPII relics abound (Apr '14) Apr '14 Sherlayne 1
More from around the web