Easter pilgrims defiant over sex abuse scandal

Apr 7, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Gulf Times

WATCHFUL: The faithful gather as Pope Benedict XVI leads the Easter mass in Saint Peter's Square at the Vatican Easter pilgrims massed in St Peter's Square insisted yesterday that their church was not a haven for paedophiles as some accused the media of exaggerating the scale of abuse by Catholic priests.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2010

“To love and be loved”

Since: Jun 08

right here, right now...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Judged:

Brothers and sisters, let us fight against our enemies for the sake of our faith and the Roman Catholic Church as a whole. To those who are harming and exploiting our Church as well as our Holy Father, we will pray that we shall overcome!

“I call 'em as I see 'em!”

Since: Nov 08

& I don't suffer fools gladly

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Judged:

REAL Catholics are NOT your brothers and sisters. They have a lot more sense than you and don't try to cover up something that must be brought out in the open in order to be resolved! Stop your lies and pretenses!!!

“To love and be loved”

right here, right now...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Judged:

Those whose faith are not strong enough and are easily discouraged by a little failure of the Church because of the pedophile issue done by the small percentage of the priests are not real believers of the true Church that is the Roman Catholic Church. There should be forgiveness as God has forgiven sinners and punishment where punishment is due.

We are proud to belong to the Roman Catholic Church!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Judged:

So, it's ok that INNOCENT children have been molested and abused? Nice, charitable Catholic YOU are! What if one of your children... oh, that's right, you DON'T HAVE ANY, that's why you're so callous and heartless!

“To love and be loved”

right here, right now...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

I felt so sorry for the sexual abused children all over the world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

KissandTell wrote:
I felt so sorry for the sexual abused children all over the world.
LIAR! You did no such thing! You just went around with a smug attitude telling everyone that the boys "enjoyed" being molested and that they got amply paid for their trouble! You have no heart, no feelings for other people, least of all for children!

“To love and be loved”

right here, right now...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Judged:

Tsk, tsk, tsk, another name another title...

But this is a true story from a disclosure of a good friend of mine who was a sacristan when he was young. There were also phedophile priests at his time but they were not forced to do so. According to him, those willing sex abused victims were having good times with their priests repeatedly and those who were not willing were not treated like a "teacher's pet". He saw what was happening but he didn't allow himself to be abused.

How about that???

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

KissandTell wrote:
Tsk, tsk, tsk, another name another title...
But this is a true story from a disclosure of a good friend of mine who was a sacristan when he was young. There were also phedophile priests at his time but they were not forced to do so. According to him, those willing sex abused victims were having good times with their priests repeatedly and those who were not willing were not treated like a "teacher's pet". He saw what was happening but he didn't allow himself to be abused.
How about that???
Nice little fairy tale! Are you insinuating that thousands of victims "enjoyed" themselves? You are a vile, twisted creature! You have made a pact with the devil and will get your just reward, together with all those who molested and those who enabled them (all the way up the Church hierachy)!

“To love and be loved”

right here, right now...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Judged:

BC in Chicago wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice little fairy tale! Are you insinuating that thousands of victims "enjoyed" themselves? You are a vile, twisted creature! You have made a pact with the devil and will get your just reward, together with all those who molested and those who enabled them (all the way up the Church hierachy)!
In this generation, the children are terrible if compared before. I heard that they are having sex already in early age.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

KissandTell wrote:
<quoted text>
In this generation, the children are terrible if compared before. I heard that they are having sex already in early age.
And you know this how? What kind of REALLY LAME argument is this???

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

KissandTell wrote:
<quoted text>
And so you're saying that they DESERVE to be raped and molested? What about the priests who are SUPPOSED to be chaste? Wouldn't it be the priests' work to help those children behave better, instead of corrupting them further? LOGIC is NOT your strong suit and it shows continuously in your senseless babbling!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Italy Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andrew Medichini / AP Photo A Gay Wedding in Ro... (Oct '12) Jul '14 Nick 14
Pride Without Borders Jun '14 Congressional Rep... 3
France's first M&M's store opens in Paris airport Jun '14 personally 7
Kim, Kanye and Kardashian crowd converge on Paris May '14 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
Bloodied shirt, unwashed fork: JPII relics abound Apr '14 Sherlayne 1
Pope John XXIII launched Vatican II and then some Apr '14 Gods R Delusions ... 1
Milan lifts up spirits amid gloom (Mar '12) Apr '14 Nicknat 6

Search the Italy Travel Forum:
•••