'Bhagvad Gita' faces 'extremist' branding, legal ban in Russia

Dec 17, 2011 Full story: Asia Pacific News .Net 73

Bhagvad Gita, one of the most sacred Hindu religious texts, is facing a legal ban and the prospect of being branded as 'an extremist' literature across Russia, with a court in Siberia's Tomsk city all set to deliver its final verdict Monday in a case filed by state prosecutors.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Anonymous

Vancouver, Canada

#1 Dec 17, 2011
won't happen..never!
Russia rocks !!!!
racist aryans

Guntur, India

#2 Dec 18, 2011
aryan racist book Bhagvad Gita is one of the unfortunate books written by aryans to destroy dravidan civilization.
hate aryans

India

#3 Dec 18, 2011
right
it were aryans who wrote such books to divide society. these aryans are racist ppl. aryan books talk about dravidians as demons. such a racist act.
Funjabi

United States

#4 Dec 18, 2011
Had they really read it before banning it
Goodbye Atlantis

Lodi, NJ

#5 Dec 18, 2011
I have read the BG and it is a beautiful book

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#6 Dec 18, 2011
Bhagavad
Anonymous

Vancouver, Canada

#7 Dec 18, 2011
porki trolls at their work again..haha
MARXTON

Golitsyno, Russia

#8 Dec 18, 2011
oh indians we sure are your friends but you all know we do not entertain freaks with extremist culture. on one hand we have islam and on the other end hinduism. for us both are are just same. so better do not comment of our internal matters.
Anonymous

Vancouver, Canada

#9 Dec 18, 2011
hain? i didnt understand..seeing these comments here it sure looks like porki trolls..
MARXTON

Golitsyno, Russia

#10 Dec 18, 2011
Indian333 wrote:
hain? i didnt understand..seeing these comments here it sure looks like porki trolls..
don't know what is your problem. but have you ever seen any russian commenting on india's internal matters. we do not want extremist religions in our mother land be it islam or minduism. indian please do not comment on our internal matters.
Sohan

Flemington, NJ

#11 Dec 18, 2011
We should thank the Christian extremists in Russia for giving attention and popularity to the Bhagavad Gita. Whether the Christian extremists succeed in banning or not the Holy Gita through this hate filled action is irrelevant. In this age of mass media the message of the Gita is easily available online and through other means. No bigoted laws and bans can stop people from reading the Gita. This is not about Russia's internal matters but mutual respect. The Christian Bible has never been banned in India. However Christian extremists in Russia want to insult 1 billion Hindus by banning the Gita. Well the Russians can ban publishing of the Gita in their country but they cannot ban the internet or the spread of ideas.
USA

Ashburn, VA

#12 Dec 18, 2011
lolz
freaking indians weeping over a shitty book.

Location hidden

#13 Dec 18, 2011
USA wrote:
lolz
freaking indians weeping over a shitty book.

I have read the Bhagavad Gita, it's attributes are irrelevant mostly, however, when the Gita was being written, you were cannibalistic savages living in holes in the ground.

Good evening.
Romanov.
Annie

Southampton, UK

#14 Dec 18, 2011
Sohan wrote:
We should thank the Christian extremists in Russia for giving attention and popularity to the Bhagavad Gita.
I would agree. This will simply lead to more Russian interest in Hinduism. A good time to set up an Indian tour company in Moscow! ;)
James marrie

Toronto, Canada

#15 Dec 18, 2011
Dimitri100 wrote:
<quoted text>.
I have read the Bhagavad Gita, it's attributes are irrelevant mostly, however, when the Gita was being written, you were cannibalistic savages living in holes in the ground.
Good evening.
Romanov.
Dimitry, if you have an open mind and would want something more challenging would you have a look at Dada bhagwans teachings.

Try it and then make your own judgements,(it has no connection with Bhagwat Gita). You can always google Dadabhagwan.

An open mind is always necessary, at the same time do not forget to notice the decline in Christianity in the west, they know that it is a dying religion.

Location hidden

#16 Dec 18, 2011
James marrie wrote:
<quoted text>
Dimitry, if you have an open mind and would want something more challenging would you have a look at Dada bhagwans teachings.
Try it and then make your own judgements,(it has no connection with Bhagwat Gita). You can always google Dadabhagwan.
An open mind is always necessary, at the same time do not forget to notice the decline in Christianity in the west, they know that it is a dying religion.

Christianity was based on a false premise,

hence it's decline and eventual fall.

I will take a look and see what Dada has to say.

Romanov.
Sohan

Flemington, NJ

#17 Dec 18, 2011
USA wrote
"freaking indians weeping over a shitty book"

So why are freaking Christian Evangelists and missionaries constantly crying persecution and weeping when they are not allowed to freely propagate their faith by distributing their "shitty" book in other countries ????
ajit vadakayil

Hosur, India

#18 Dec 18, 2011
hi,

punch into google search—

MAHABHARATA AND BHAGAWAT GITA- VADAKAYIL

VEDAS AND UPANISHADS - VADAKAYIL

find out what this ailing planet needs!

capt ajit vadakayil
hindu

Delhi, India

#19 Dec 19, 2011
Dimitri100 wrote:
<quoted text>.
Christianity was based on a false premise,
hence it's decline and eventual fall.
I will take a look and see what Dada has to say.
Romanov.
Christianity was based on a false premise so is the case with Hinduism. no religion is free from some evil elements.:)
Funjabi

United States

#20 Dec 19, 2011
USA christians tried to ban yoga too

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

India Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Japan National Tourism Organization concludes '... Feb 7 WOMKENFARANMIDEBD... 5
Jersey City fundraiser to help daughters of sex... Jan '15 Privasi 2
Two Indianorigin envoys take charge in New Delhi Jan '15 Humhainna 3
In photos: Trying times for India's brass bands Jan '15 Pintu Khan 1
Bijapur-Bangalore train service demanded (Mar '09) Jan '15 Srinivas 11
A glimpse of little Tibet in southern India Jan '15 Jai maharashtra 2
Visiting clerics and RSS's Muslim wing sell Kas... Dec '14 YesMinister 37
More from around the web