British teenage volunteer dies in Guyana cliff plunge

Mar 5, 2008 Full story: Daily Mail 9

“Pamela was a very popular pupil who had lots of friends”

Comments Tributes were paid today to a British teenager who plunged to her death from a cliff in Guyana. via Daily Mail

Full Story
max russo

Tampa, FL

#1 Mar 5, 2008
thats gay. that person was reaaly stupid then to do that.

“Cats & dogs can live together.”

Since: Mar 08

Georgetown, Guyana

#2 Mar 5, 2008
You are insensitive.

“Unfiltered news from Guyana”

Since: Dec 07

London, England

#3 Mar 5, 2008
max russo wrote:
Russo,
Homosexuality is illegal in Guyana and the police have the discretion to break into a Gay persons home and arrest them for suspicion of immorality. The sentence if convicted for sodomy is life imprisonment.

The reason why the teacher died is because there are poor safety measures in Guyana. The country is not considered a vacation favorite.
Anonymous

Georgetown, Guyana

#4 Mar 5, 2008
whoa Van. u are clever. keep critizing taht is all u can do

“Cats & dogs can live together.”

Georgetown, Guyana

#5 Mar 5, 2008
Van Bowen I can't believe that you are insensitive to one person's death. The teacher's death is an accident and the police are investigating.

Please I ask you to desist from trying to make this political.

“Unfiltered news from Guyana”

Since: Dec 07

London, England

#7 Mar 5, 2008
Praetorian wrote:
Van Bowen I can't believe that you are insensitive to one person's death. The teacher's death is an accident and the police are investigating.
Please I ask you to desist from trying to make this political.
Never did I state that it was not an accident. I merely pointed out to the blogger the facts pertaining to Gay rights in Guyana and its lack of safety measures. those are facts

Georgetown, Guyana

#8 Mar 5, 2008
safety measures on rock climbing?

Where in the world has that ever been done by a government?

It's a dangerous sport, people who do it know that, and they accept that risk.

My condolences to the family of that person, i'm sorry that a person actually trying to help this country has to go this way.

Bowen, at least this young woman was doing something for this country, what have you ever done for us? Maybe it should be you at the bottom on the rocks.
kesson

AOL

#9 Mar 7, 2008
max russo wrote:
I THINK YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL
Canadian living in Guyana

Winnipeg, Canada

#10 Mar 21, 2008
"Where in the world has that ever been done by a government?
It's a dangerous sport, people who do it know that, and they accept that risk.
My condolences to the family of that person, i'm sorry that a person actually trying to help this country has to go this way.
Bowen, at least this young woman was doing something for this country, what have you ever done for us? Maybe it should be you at the bottom on the rocks."
I love this comment! It is so true, Guyana is safe as any other country. I have lived all over the world and I love it here.
For the women that came on here professing to know Guyana, and it's laws....Why do ignorant people always have to express themseleves and try to cite old, outdated information as their resources? I happen to have many gay friends in Guyana, in fact I met one of them through my police friend. So please speak about things you know....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guyana Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United Arab Emirates and Guyana Negotiating Avi... May '14 Woodie54 1
Fly Jamaica exec upbeat about new Guyana routes (Sep '13) Sep '13 Woodie54 1
Catching up with Chief Kokoi (Jul '13) Jul '13 dead ppp 2
Commentary: Guyana's $200 million airport upgra... (Mar '13) Mar '13 starchild 1
Kaieteur Falls needs more visitors (Mar '11) Mar '11 mike 1
Guyana's president says US an obstacle to effor... (Jan '10) May '10 siddiki 69
Caribbean Airlines enhances service -- (Sep '08) Jun '09 St_Lucia_Transpor... 9

Guyana Travel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE