1983 Grenada invasion
Chris Marks

Taunton, MA

#1 Sep 28, 2008
I'm looking to find someone on Grenada to take some digital pictures of sites associated with the 1983 invasion. I was an Army Ranger on the island and I'd like to see modern views of a few places I was at. Thanks, Chris Marks Gales Ferry CT
Sam Hammack

Front Royal, VA

#2 Nov 16, 2008
Hello Chris, I would be interested in starting a Grenade Vets Association. I arrived on the island on the 1st C-141 to land with an advanced party medical team from the 82nd. You can email me at nikkenva@yahoo.com

Thanks
Dennis Delk

United States

#3 Jan 14, 2009
Hello,
I was a loadmaster from Charleston S.C. 300 MAW, 300th Military Airlift Squadron on the C-141 that evacuated the 1st St. George University students October 1983. At that time was the only Reserve/Guard representative to meet with Reagan at the White House in November 1983 to reunite with the students for press events. I had a camera in my flight suit upon arrival on the island but forgot to shoot any pictures as we were so busy reconfiguring the aircraft for emergency evacuation.
Dennis H. Delk, Captain, USAFR (Retired)
Infrastructure Analyst
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
dennis.delk@hq.dhs.gov
Joyce

Toronto, Canada

#4 Mar 12, 2009
Hi Chris, I am from Grenada and although I now live in Canada I was there in 1983 throughout the 1983 invasion. I am going to be going there in August again and so if you want I can get you some pics.
Craig

United States

#5 Jun 15, 2009
Hi guys, we arrived Nov 1st (via 141) and began to backload ships with the communist arms and equipment. I was with 567th Transportation Co. Ft. Eustis, VA. I like the idea of a Grenada Vets Association. I can be reached through the 567th Trans. Co. page on military.com
Jeffery

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Jul 31, 2009
I was part of the USAF Air Base Ground Defense Team from McChord AFB. I am looking for any and all pics that would show Air Force SPS there during the operation.

jemar1226@gmail.com
Dennis

Salt Lake City, UT

#7 Oct 22, 2010
Wow! 27 years later! I was on the island five years ago. Things have changed and for the better. Long Live Grenada!
mark cuevaz

Mesa, AZ

#8 Oct 26, 2010
i was with 3rd 325th inf 82nd airborne on this training mission. anyone still alive from my unit , email me at mcuevaz@cox.net
Shane

Grenada

#9 Feb 21, 2011
Chris Marks wrote:
I'm looking to find someone on Grenada to take some digital pictures of sites associated with the 1983 invasion. I was an Army Ranger on the island and I'd like to see modern views of a few places I was at. Thanks, Chris Marks Gales Ferry CT
Did you get your pics as yet i will be delighted to help you.
in 1983 i was eight years old. it was the most scary experience for me. i can still hear the bombs and bullets. thank for your service in 1983. are there any particular location you need pictures for?
Email: sstlouis.nesl@spiceisle.com
Shane

Grenada

#10 Feb 21, 2011
Did you get your pics as yet i will be delighted to help you.
in 1983 i was eight years old. it was the most scary experience for me. i can still hear the bombs and bullets. thank for your service in 1983. are there any particular location you need pictures for?
Email: sstlouis.nesl@spiceisle.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grenada Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 'Island Queen' mystery (May '09) Aug '11 marianmartinez27 3
News Bribery probe report in Grenada's election poli... (Jun '08) Oct '08 shanty 31
More from around the web