Delta airline deal negotiated in dark...

Delta airline deal negotiated in darkness unknown to Guyanese

There are 42 comments on the www.primenewswire.com story from Feb 19, 2008, titled Delta airline deal negotiated in darkness unknown to Guyanese. In it, www.primenewswire.com reports that:

Delta Air Lines announced it has received U.S. government approval to serve Georgetown, Guyana, nonstop from New York-JFK beginning July 2, 2008+. "Delta continues to be the fastest growing airline to the ...

This deal was negotiated without anyone in Guyana knowing of it and as with most things PPP under the cover of darkness and behind a veil of secrecy. It has never been announced in Guyana nor mentioned in state or private media. NEVER. No wonder people are already saying that this is another kickback deal for President Jagdeo and Co.

Guyanese are learning about this deal from non.Guyanese, not from the leader of the country who is involved in ALL international deals of this nature.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.primenewswire.com.

Pilot102

Fort Lee, NJ

#21 Mar 8, 2008
The question is how long is Delta going to last. Go back to the days of Guyana Airways and see how many Air Lines stop flying to Guyana. AS I have said over and over. The Gov of Guyana need to have a Passenger bill or rights. Air Lines are flying to Guyana for a short time, make lots of money and when the flow slows down they say good by.Passengers flying to Guyana educate yourself on your rights as a passenger on any Air Line.
gtbq

Frankfort, IN

#22 Mar 8, 2008
Pilot102 wrote:
The question is how long is Delta going to last. Go back to the days of Guyana Airways and see how many Air Lines stop flying to Guyana. AS I have said over and over. The Gov of Guyana need to have a Passenger bill or rights. Air Lines are flying to Guyana for a short time, make lots of money and when the flow slows down they say good by.Passengers flying to Guyana educate yourself on your rights as a passenger on any Air Line.
pilot these airlines dont want to pay landing fees, they want to use the 3rd world countries.
Pilot102

Fort Lee, NJ

#23 Mar 8, 2008
Well Well, gtbq you are on point on this one,the problem is 3rd world countries like Guyana is so hard press for investment in the country thay sell out to the Air Lines.The bottom line is the passengers are the ones that gets the shaft.
Ah me

Maspeth, NY

#24 Mar 8, 2008
Bull Squat

Since: Mar 08

Long Beach, CA

#25 Mar 8, 2008
I also hear Delta is discussing hiring a few pilots from Al Queda.
Icouldbepresiden t

West Orange, NJ

#26 Mar 9, 2008
Good friends, on this good day I was intrigued to read all your comments and would like to make a few of my own.
1) The country is no different under Jagdeo - You still have to bribe people if you want to get anything done and unlike Burnham's time where you gave the guy the bribe under the desk - in jagdeo's time you can just hand it to hime in plain site of everyone. Indian people, Burnham was not a racist - hey Remember that he was one of Jagan's best friends - he was Jagan's sons Godfather. This whole Indian black thing was invented by the powers who want to keep us in subjection and Burnham and Cheddi played it to perfection - keeping us fightin each other while they filled their pockets.

2) The problem with the Delta deal is that it was not done openly. In a democratic societyy - information on deals done by the gov't should be shared with the people. Unless, of course it's a matter of national security. LOL (now where have you heard that before).

3) The problem of curruption and the drug trade has almost overtaken Guyana. All the while we small people arguing whether it was betta undah de black man or undah de coolie man - well newsflash - It ah just de same ole samo.

4) People of Guyana - the country that I love - we must rise up and become one - to take back the country for the people. Get rid of drugs and corruption and return our country to it's children.

Until next time - peace
gtbq

Frankfort, IN

#27 Mar 10, 2008
Pilot102 wrote:
Well Well, gtbq you are on point on this one,the problem is 3rd world countries like Guyana is so hard press for investment in the country thay sell out to the Air Lines.The bottom line is the passengers are the ones that gets the shaft.
as we know guyana does not have, high volume traffic and for the govt to operate an airline is uneconomical. however this is not happening to guyana alone, all poor third world countries are in these situations,
you give free landing rights they will all jump on the band wagon to serve guyana.

this goes for the mail service and the telephone services also.
Melissa

Georgetown, Guyana

#28 Mar 10, 2008
al-fallujah wrote:
is this democracy or de.mockery?
Al-Fool-looser, you are funny hahahaha
now we know that intermittently we here in Guyana would experience 'blackouts"
the Delta deal was not negoitated in darkness it was done in Light", Why are you splitting hairs?..what is the matter with you, everday I have to chide you for misbehaving, get a grip of yourself and play nice in the sandbox.
"Stop making much ado about nothing"

Since: Dec 06

Boycott Guyana 2008!

#29 Mar 10, 2008
Delta Air Lines announced it has received U.S. government approval to serve Georgetown, Guyana, nonstop from New York-JFK beginning July 2, 2008+. "Delta continues to be the fastest growing airline to the ...

This deal was negotiated without anyone in Guyana knowing of it and as with most things PPP under the cover of darkness and behind a veil of secrecy. It has never been announced in Guyana nor mentioned in state or private media. NEVER. No wonder people are already saying that this is another kickback deal for President Jagdeo and Co.

Guyanese are learning about this deal from non.Guyanese, not from the leader of the country who is involved in ALL international deals of this nature.

Georgetown, Guyana

#30 Mar 10, 2008
What difference does it make whether or not you feel left out?

It's a deal between the GOG and Delta Airlines. Not between Delta and tom, dick and harry and the GOG.

The GOG will obviously try to garner the best deal possible with the company, so what's this whole problem with you fools in the dark?

Which by the way is a lie, because i've been seeing reports about this deal for at least a week now.

Georgetown, Guyana

#31 Mar 10, 2008
what possible input could anyone who claims were 'left-out' offered for something as simple as soliciting a carrier?

Now if the GOG had some kind of consultations, you would be saying the GOG is indecisive and unassertive.

Let the people do their work, stop nagging, you sound like my next ex-wife al.

Boycott Guyana 2008!

#32 Mar 11, 2008
i don't care what the GOD does...all am doing is pointing out a pattern and a trend

...quit blaming the woman! maybe she looked out the window and saw how green the grass was on the other side and it wasn't a mirage

Georgetown, Guyana

#33 Mar 11, 2008
of course you don't care what the GOG does, it's just another way for you people to ignore development, and there's no way of telling you otherwise because you just choose to ignore us because for some reason you harbour this hatred for the current GOG.

You don't care about dialog, you don't care facts, you don't care about anything but making cheap shots and throwing out your nonsense in the press, television and internet.

You want to create a destabilized country, so that (god forbid) the pnc or afc were to ever take control of the country again, they can pull in your reigns and start rebuilding and be heralded as the 'saviors' of guyana.. I can say for sure, they won't have a hard time rebuilding since this gov. has made advancements far beyond anything accomplished by the previous administration.

Boycott Guyana 2008!

#34 Mar 11, 2008
International Narcotics Control Strategy Report 2008 - Guyana
More than two years after launching its National Drug Strategy Master Plan (NDSMP) for 2005-2009, the GOG has not effectively implemented it. Cooperation among law enforcement bodies is fragmented and minimally productive; weak border controls and limited resources for law enforcement allow drug traffickers to move shipments via river, air, and land without meaningful resistance. Guyana is a party to the 1988 UN Drug Convention.
Melissa

Georgetown, Guyana

#35 Mar 11, 2008
al-fallujah wrote:
More than two years after launching its National Drug Strategy Master Plan (NDSMP) for 2005-2009, the GOG has not effectively implemented it. Cooperation among law enforcement bodies is fragmented and minimally productive; weak border controls and limited resources for law enforcement allow drug traffickers to move shipments via river, air, and land without meaningful resistance. Guyana is a party to the 1988 UN Drug Convention.
Print the entire report, you are taking snippets to make a case and it is not going to work. "El Stupido"

“Cats & dogs can live together.”

Georgetown, Guyana

#36 Mar 11, 2008
al-fallujah wrote:
and in the opening paragraph the report said
"In 2007, domestic seizures of cocaine were three times higher than the previous year due to IMPROVED counternarcotics measures at the working level, although all but one of these seizures were minor in scale. The GOG LAID THE GROUNDWORK for an ENHANCED security sector by AGREEING to a reform program sponsored by the British government; it also arrested Terrence Sugrim, an accused drug trafficker wanted by the US and initiated the extradition process."

Georgetown, Guyana

#37 Mar 11, 2008
After reading the entire report, majority of the news media in the land said Guyana was bashed by it. Guyana has done alot better compared to other countries with more resources and manpower and I also understand from the report that although the country has limited border controls it is improving in its quest against the fight against drugs.
gtbq

Frankfort, IN

#38 Mar 11, 2008
these rotten egg bloggers, are like broken records.

repeating the same thing over and over.
sick of these fools.

give us answers to pnc pet projects, the glass factory, bicycle factory, cotton mill, etc etc etc etc etc etc.
if you cant then SHUT UP
pilot102

Little Ferry, NJ

#39 Mar 11, 2008
The answer is the PPP and the PNC must go, time for a change,{ yes just a dream no my part.}

Georgetown, Guyana

#40 Mar 11, 2008
pilot102 wrote:
The answer is the PPP and the PNC must go, time for a change,{ yes just a dream no my part.}
The answer is PNC must go (lol). People have to put Guyana first and not themselves. That's the answer. Not fight each other into the ground and turn into fossils.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Guyana, Guyana Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Caribbean Airlines enhances service -- (Sep '08) Jun '09 St_Lucia_Transpor... 9
More from around the web