Delta airline deal negotiated in darkness unknown to Guyanese

Feb 19, 2008 | Posted by: al-fallujah | Full story: www.primenewswire.com

Delta Air Lines announced it has received U.S. government approval to serve Georgetown, Guyana, nonstop from New York-JFK beginning July 2, 2008+. "Delta continues to be the fastest growing airline to the ...

This deal was negotiated without anyone in Guyana knowing of it and as with most things PPP under the cover of darkness and behind a veil of secrecy. It has never been announced in Guyana nor mentioned in state or private media. NEVER. No wonder people are already saying that this is another kickback deal for President Jagdeo and Co.

Guyanese are learning about this deal from non.Guyanese, not from the leader of the country who is involved in ALL international deals of this nature.

Comments
1 - 20 of 42 Comments Last updated Mar 11, 2008
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 06

Boycott Guyana 2008!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2008

is this democracy or de.mockery?
peter dan GEORGIA

Dacula, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

THIS IS A DAM GOOD DEAL FOR ALL NOW WE KNOW THAT WE WILL COMING BACK TO WORK AND OUR LOVE ONES ON TIME I WISH IT COULD START BY EASTER SO WE COULD HAVE A GOOD TIME IN GT......
gtbq

Somers Point, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

peter dan GEORGIA wrote:
THIS IS A DAM GOOD DEAL FOR ALL NOW WE KNOW THAT WE WILL COMING BACK TO WORK AND OUR LOVE ONES ON TIME I WISH IT COULD START BY EASTER SO WE COULD HAVE A GOOD TIME IN GT......
Yes, go have a wonderful time. enjoy the beauty -the garden city of the carribbean.
these three dumb bastards will hate you for that, have a good time

Since: Feb 08

Georgetown, Guyana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

This is true, the negotiations for the deal was not made known to Guyanese. However, the high cost of fuel and dwindling customers have already caused one air carrier to discontinue flights, and it was reported that Travel Span may also cut their Guyana flights. The Delta deal was necessary as it will sustain the lost carrier(s) and may provide cheaper air travel to Guyanese.

Boycott Guyana 2008!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2008

azadine we shall see about that
cheaper air travel that is
gtbq

Somers Point, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2008

Azadine wrote:
This is true, the negotiations for the deal was not made known to Guyanese. However, the high cost of fuel and dwindling customers have already caused one air carrier to discontinue flights, and it was reported that Travel Span may also cut their Guyana flights. The Delta deal was necessary as it will sustain the lost carrier(s) and may provide cheaper air travel to Guyanese.
not guyana
alone, NIGERIA and ghana were on their list,
saying guyana let you what are the motives, theirs a fail cause and guyana will prosper their words and failed attemp of disruption and murderous act cannot bring it down.

Boycott Guyana 2008!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2008

gtbq wrote:
<quoted text>not guyana
alone, NIGERIA and ghana were on their list,
saying guyana let you what are the motives, theirs a fail cause and guyana will prosper their words and failed attemp of disruption and murderous act cannot bring it down.
try replying again when you are sober and stone.free
and break your points up in recognisable phrases
Mathilda

Georgetown, Guyana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

al-fallujah wrote:
<quoted text>
try replying again when you are sober and stone.free
and break your points up in recognisable phrases
Sir, Does the continous development of Guyana bother you? it would appear based on your comments that you are anti guyanese? Do you have a hidden agenda?

Boycott Guyana 2008!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

dearest 'Mathilda' does the fact that we are free and write about whatever we feel like writing bother you? what's your hidden agenda?
would you like us to surrender our passports?
http://propagandapress.org/
Nefertiti

Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

al-fallujah wrote:
dearest 'Mathilda' does the fact that we are free and write about whatever we feel like writing bother you? what's your hidden agenda?
would you like us to surrender our passports?
http://propagandapress.org/
Al-fal why are you ignoring the question posed by Mathilda I think she is unto something, you seem so anti-government.......Are you employed by the Mayor and City Council of Georgetown?

Since: Feb 08

Georgetown, Guyana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

Why should we boycott Guyana, especially at a time like this? Guyana is so fragile and she needs our sustenance, even in the face of a lax government. It seems to me that boycotting Guyana would be a passive call-to-action.
gtbq

Somers Point, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

this edita was inde dark hole wen de deal was done,you see only she know that the deal was don in de dak.
she is pat of the conspiracy also
Anonymous

Georgetown, Guyana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

al atleast its not a dictator. u can call it whatever u want. once the Guyanese are living in a country that freedom of speech is i know they can live with taht . like u, u see how much freedom u have during the burhnam time u would have never got the chance to

“THERE THEY GO !!”

Since: Sep 07

the sweet River

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

hmmm ?

“THERE THEY GO !!”

the sweet River

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

?

“THERE THEY GO !!”

the sweet River

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

???????
Pilot102

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

qtbq, I am the Pilot on the second flight to GT are you still going ?

“Cats & dogs can live together.”

Since: Mar 08

Georgetown, Guyana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

What is wrong with the Delta deal?

Travelspan and North American airlines are going to scale down operations and probably go out of business before the year is out.

I don't think nothing is wrong with it.

“Cats & dogs can live together.”

Since: Mar 08

Georgetown, Guyana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

Delta airlines is one of the largest air carriers in America. What more do you need to know about them and the deal?
They are just going to provide air transport. Ya'll speaking of Delta and the GOG like two toddlers not able to come up with a good plan.
gtbq

Somers Point, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

dem tak about paspoot.
burnam used to tek away indian paspoott, dem gee bribe fo get it bak.
yu na no nobady, yu na get paspootttt
wat a country durin burnam time, every bady no dat
yu have to bribe fu evry ting.
and every bady da wook inde govament got wan pnc cad/kad, yu na gat wan kad you na get wook.
this na lie, every bady no da

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Georgetown Guyana, Guyana Travel Discussions

Search the Georgetown Guyana, Guyana Travel Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Caribbean Airlines enhances service -- (Sep '08) Jun '09 St_Lucia_Transportation 9
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••