Serbia Halts Bulgarian Voting Polls i...

Serbia Halts Bulgarian Voting Polls in Bosilegrad, Dimitrovgrad

There are 18 comments on the Sofia News Agency story from Oct 4, 2011, titled Serbia Halts Bulgarian Voting Polls in Bosilegrad, Dimitrovgrad. In it, Sofia News Agency reports that:

Turkey leads the list by number of voting polls for Bulgarians abroad - 46, followed by Spain - 23, the US - 14 and Moldova - 7. File photo Bulgarian citizens, residing in Serbia , who have rights to vote in the October 23 elections , will not be able to cast their ballot in the Serbian municipalities of Bosilegrad and Dimitrovgrad .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sofia News Agency.

Anonymous

United States

#1 Oct 4, 2011
Bulgarian citizens, residing in Serbia, who have rights to vote in the October 23 elections, will not be able to cast their ballot in the Serbian municipalities of Bosilegrad and Dimitrovgrad.

According to a report of RTV,(Radio and Television Vojvodina), quoting the Central Electoral Committee, CEK, Bulgarians in Serbia will only be able to vote at the diplomatic mission in Belgrade because the Serbian government had not allowed the opening of voting polls in Bosilegrad and Dimitrovgrad even though a large number of people living in those communities have double citizenship Bulgarian and Serbian.

During the previous three elections two general ones and one for president, there were voting polls in the above said municipalities for Bulgarians wishing to cast a ballot.

In addition to the Embassy in Belgrade, Bulgaria has a Consular Office in Nis, but the CEK list of voting polls abroad does not have Nis as a voting location.

According to data of the Bulgarian Foreign Affairs Ministry, about 3 200 people in Serbia have Bulgarian citizenship.

Bulgarians abroad have the right to vote on October 23 to elect the country's new president.

There will be voting polls in 146 cities in a total of 48 countries. Their number had been determined after the 37 606 applications from Bulgarians abroad, wishing to take part in the vote, have been processed. The deadline to submit the applications was Tuesday, September 27.

According to the Election Code, 20 applications are needed in order to open a voting poll in a country where Bulgaria has a Consular Office or diplomatic representation, while where there is no such representation, the number of required applications is 100.

Turkey, traditionally, leads the list by number of voting polls 46, followed by Spain 23, the US 14 and Moldova 7.

The full list of voting polls abroad, in Bulgarian, can be found HERE.

Meanwhile, on September 27, the members of the initiative "We Want to Vote" sent a letter to Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, and to over 100 Bulgarian Ambassadors to alert them about hurdles and refusals to open election polls abroad. According to the letter, there were a number of cases when diplomatic missions have refused the applications or have argued about their validity.

The site For Fair Elections also alarmed that they have received information that the Bulgarian Embassy in France has missed the deadline to request permission to hold elections in the city of Lyon the deadline was August 13 70 days before the elections. According to a report of the Foreign Ministry, by August 13, the Embassy has requested to have election polls only in Paris, Strasbourg, Marseilles, Lille and Toulouse, omitting Lyon despite numerous reminders from the Bulgarian diaspora there.

During the general elections in July 2009, 135 500 Bulgarians living abroad went to the polls. From them nearly 94 000 cast their ballot for the ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms.

Since: Jul 12

UK

#2 Aug 20, 2012
Strasbourg, Marseilles, Lille and Toulouse, omitting Lyon
james

Leamington Spa, UK

#3 Nov 28, 2012
This is why Bulgaria must not support serbia's accession into the European Union. The Bulgarians in Bosilegrad and Tsaribrod seem to be treated very badly. A malicious country like serbia must never be part of the EU
Dalmastralija

Sliema, Malta

#4 Nov 28, 2012
And we beg you to stop supporting us tatar, because it benefits us. You see we don't wanna be part of sinking ship called EU anyway
Serbonazis

Buffalo, NY

#5 Nov 28, 2012
Dalmastralija wrote:
And we beg you to stop supporting us tatar, because it benefits us. You see we don't wanna be part of sinking ship called EU anyway
nobody will ask you for joining EU. you do not count and your opinion does not count either
Dalmastralija

Sliema, Malta

#6 Nov 28, 2012
Serb people's opinion counts very well senile old idiot. They will vote before joining EU and 59 percent will vote NO. Now that croat war criminals are set free and maybe albanian butcher haradinai as well the percentage will grow. I guess 64 or 70 percent of Serb people is now against EU

It's you whose opinion doesn't count. You're just a jewish albanian stinker in NY, illegal immigrant. You're gonna die granpa of a brain seizure or a heart attack anyway
Serbonazis

Buffalo, NY

#7 Nov 29, 2012
Dalmastralija wrote:
Serb people's opinion counts very well senile old idiot. They will vote before joining EU and 59 percent will vote NO. Now that croat war criminals are set free and maybe albanian butcher haradinai as well the percentage will grow. I guess 64 or 70 percent of Serb people is now against EU
It's you whose opinion doesn't count. You're just a jewish albanian stinker in NY, illegal immigrant. You're gonna die granpa of a brain seizure or a heart attack anyway
your personal and subjective opinion does not count on the international arena at all. keep blowing into the empty pipe for another 600 years
Dalmastralija

Madliena, Malta

#8 Nov 29, 2012
And you keep blowing on my pipe below for another 5 hours and lick my balls while you're there, they're sweaty.
Serbonazis

Buffalo, NY

#9 Nov 29, 2012
Dalmastralija wrote:
And you keep blowing on my pipe below for another 5 hours and lick my balls while you're there, they're sweaty.
you are just another uneducated and rude servian slave since 1389 who did not change at all. you need another 600 years of slavery
Serbonazis

Buffalo, NY

#10 Nov 29, 2012
Dalmastralija wrote:
your pedophile orthodox serbian bishops know very well how to do this to you and they are experts in it. and their names are: Kacavenda, Filaret,Pahomije,Jefrem, and Lavrentije. they will do this to you free of charge, just call them, especially Kacavenda, the most notorious of all.
Dalmastralija

Sliema, Malta

#12 Nov 29, 2012
I proved I am more intelligent and educated than you for thousand times

Remember when you said that Hannibalus was roman? Hhaha there's your education senile old stinker. You never read any book in your life. I bet that you didn't even finish high school because your stupidity here is beyond borders. Also a repetitive vocabulary is a sign

And you obviously aren't satisfied with youtube video about the arrest of jewish rabbi pedophile. You want more b...h? Just search youtube it's full.
Serbonazis

Buffalo, NY

#13 Nov 30, 2012
Dalmastralija wrote:
I proved I am more intelligent and educated than you for thousand times
Remember when you said that Hannibalus was roman? Hhaha there's your education senile old stinker. You never read any book in your life. I bet that you didn't even finish high school because your stupidity here is beyond borders. Also a repetitive vocabulary is a sign
And you obviously aren't satisfied with youtube video about the arrest of jewish rabbi pedophile. You want more b...h? Just search youtube it's full.
you are just the same old servian slave since 1389
Lucky

Doonside, Australia

#14 Jul 8, 2014
Serbians were thiefs and they remained thiefs
Give back stolen land to bulgarians
Albonazis

Dob, Slovenia

#15 Jul 8, 2014
Lucky wrote:
Serbians were thiefs and they remained thiefs
Give back stolen land to bulgarians
Keep dreaming
SerbianTaliban

Anonymous Proxy

#16 Jul 9, 2014
Albonazis wrote:
<quoted text>Keep dreaming
No, you keep dreaming, Ljubica
retarded albanians

Dob, Slovenia

#17 Jul 9, 2014
SerbianTaliban wrote:
<quoted text>No, you keep dreaming, Ljubica
Keep dreaming
njeplusnjebarasm edy

Albania

#18 Jul 10, 2014
Bosilegrad is bulgarian....
reality

Dob, Slovenia

#19 Jul 10, 2014
Bosilegrad is Serbian while Alvania is Bulgarian land

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

France Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Emily Blunt stars as Tucson cop in crime thrill... Jun 21 Just heck 2
News Cloud to the Classroom: Frontdesk Anywhere Part... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Gerald Vonberger 1
News Montreal's French invasion: immigrants from Fra... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Paul 1
News Kim K. and Kanye's wedding: What we've heard (May '14) May '14 amw 5
News Take a Virtual Stroll Through Marseille With Go... (May '14) May '14 Miker 1
News Kim, Kanye and Kardashian crowd converge on Paris (May '14) May '14 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Travel: Disneyland Paris, France (Aug '12) Apr '14 iride401 4
More from around the web