Mahmoud Salem: Letter from an Egyption revolutionary

Sep 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TwinCities

I have a confession to make: While the whole world was transfixed by us, yet again, due to that whole attacking-the-embassy business, I was going through a tumultuous emotional journey, alternating between bewilderment, horror and shock-based laughter, ending with the most unexpected of feelings: pride.

Comments
21 - 33 of 33 Comments Last updated Sep 23, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Sara wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree again ;) the thing is the brave people of Egypt who did fight, know they have 4 years to get themselves together and organised for the next election, that's if MB don't change that law too :(
they are going to fabricate the elections such like their fellow mubarak,I expect a new revolution is coming against the muslim brotherhood.

they are well hated now by most egyptians, We thought they were honest but we saw, all hypocrisy and lying

The prime minister Qandeel is BIG LIAR, all his talk about cheating and lying.

They even now want to make the prices more higher, SO wait a revolution of hungry people who going to eat akhwan up.
Sara

Derby, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>they are going to fabricate the elections such like their fellow mubarak,I expect a new revolution is coming against the muslim brotherhood.

they are well hated now by most egyptians, We thought they were honest but we saw, all hypocrisy and lying

They even now want to make the prices more higher, SO wait a revolution of hungry people who going to eat akhwan up.
I agree, sadly more people will lose their lives :(

I never wanted the MB to rule but did try to give them the benefit of the doubt and see how things went, sadly they were proved to be liars and thieves like the old lot :(

I haven't been back to Egypt for a couple of years but have lots of family there and they all feel the same as you have described, I get incredibly sad when I speak to them or my husband comes back. Let's hope and pray that they don't last long :)

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Sara wrote:
<quoted text>
I never wanted the MB to rule but did try to give them the benefit of the doubt and see how things went, sadly they were proved to be liars and thieves like the old lot :(
I haven't been back to Egypt for a couple of years but have lots of family there and they all feel the same as you have described, I get incredibly sad when I speak to them or my husband comes back. Let's hope and pray that they don't last long :)
lets be hopeful,inshallah the best is coming :)

Actually,there are many people in egypt who doesnt care if the country going to progress or stay sht as it it, they got lazyness and self corrupted....i hope we rid of those scums
AntididonAi

Courbevoie, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>w/salam man
You are complete wrong.......the egyptian hypocrite media corrupted your mind and the minds of majority of egyptians.
The ones who used to commit these actions, were the filthy police hidden in civil dress with other gang of criminals,they used to cause lot of anarchy actions in order to show the protesters as evi and corrupters.
ALL people who died after 11 february, are martyrs, they were the reason why the filthy army leaders were changing governments and made lot of pressure on them.
If those protesters were not always in tahrir, The scaf would scam the elections and bring Shafeeq in power.
Actually the regime of mubarak was the same untill mursi succeeded, it never changed
The army just beat the women and made them naked in Qasr el einy street, COWARD tantawy....coward army
I actually i dont support mursi now cuz he set all these filthy army bastards free.......wheres the justice??
Over 8000 egyptian people lost their eyes by police guns? wheres the justice to put the policemen in charge? They are free laughing on how they killed and injured the people
.. protesters in Tahrir once selected someone (Esam Sharaf)as a prime minister,,,, the same protesters few months later chanted in same Tahrir for removing Esam Sharaf !!,,
meaning is : those kids do not have experience/skills to run a country or to manage an adminstration,, they are emotional ,,
.. they did have skills in using internet to gather people at different squares,, and such skills helped well during the 25Jan - 11 Feb 2011,,, then later it became destructive,, realising their skills to gather people was mistaken by them for being expert in economics, politics, military,..etc,, they saw protesting evvvvery day as a profession,,
the country had to get to an order,,and settle,
.. what history will record is : the Military protected the country during the transition stage, elections were organised,, people voted freely,, power was transferred to an elected adminstration,,
.. calling for a new revolution every couple of months fits how mobs would vision future,,
.. in a country like France,, they did not punished Sarkouzi by voting for Hollande ,, they did not need a revolution,
.. in the USA,, millions were aware the George W.'s adminstration lied about WMD of Iraq,, they did not go for a revolution to get him out of office,, not even after he won a second round,,
.. those kids have realized they weigh nothing when it came to elections,, they need to accept the fact that : Egypt appreciate the effort they did to gather people during the 25Jan - 11 Feb 2011, and it did help in providing essential dynamics for the revolution,,,, but Egypt as well relaize they do not have the skill/experience/qualification s/vision to run a country,,
AntididonAi

Courbevoie, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

* in a country like France,, they punished Sarkouzi by voting for Hollande ,, they did not need a revolution,
AntididonAi

Courbevoie, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Sara wrote:
<quoted text>
the people destroying Cairo were mainly paid thugs by the SCAF! They wanted the people outside to see that the Egyptian people were behaving like animals, whereas most were not.
I am not saying the riot mentality doesn't happen of course it does ( as we saw here in London last year ) but the majority were plain clothed army officers or prisioners let out of prison to cause mayhem!
... the suprime council paid for thugs to destroy building and premises (like what been seen around the TV headquarter and around qasr el einy area) then armed forces arrested them, and some of them were even killed ??,,
so you re saying the SCAF screwed them,, paying them,, then arresting them ?,,....... please !
.. why then did the chaos stop once the role of the so called Human Rights orgnaisation and national societies and activists was exposed by the Intelligence ?,.. they spended millions of dollars paying to mobs and abondened people to burn, shout,, destroy,,
seems you did not see the faces of those 'protesters',, did they look like the millions of men, women, oldies, children who participated during the 25jan - 11 Feb 2011 ?,,
Frankie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Egyptian_lad wrote:
Marshal is obviously against the revolution from beginning, Maybe he was one of mubarak guys or a person who gets benefit by mubarak regime.
I have supported the muslim brotherhood before and defended them as well and from time to other, People forgive them. then after mursi became president.....Their hypocrisy became clear for all
Mursi didnt fulfill any promises and his prime minister is hypocrite and big liar,cheater.
The most sad thing: they pretend to be good image of islam religion while they only discredit the islam.
Islam is not cheat....islam is not hypocrisy....islam is not lying and using others.
The muslim brotherhood are really malicious organisation and dangerous on egyptian society.
Abd nasser was right and ok to put them in jails and so Mubarak.
Now, muslim brotherhood are trying to control each inche of the country to be The next dictators after mubarak, Sow why we made a revolution at all then?
All that has happened is that one tyrant was replaced with another. The people of Egypt are losing. Many people prediced that a MB takeover was what would happen. It was so obvious. I feel badly for the Egyptian people because the slide into tyrany has only begun.

“I am here for a laugh ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Frankie wrote:
<quoted text>
All that has happened is that one tyrant was replaced with another. The people of Egypt are losing. Many people prediced that a MB takeover was what would happen. It was so obvious. I feel badly for the Egyptian people because the slide into tyrany has only begun.
what do you even know about the Egyptian people ? 95% of Egyptians want stability and a quite life , those young thugs you see on TV are no more than 5000 clowns , while in egypt there is around 90 million people

By the way those are the kids that stormed the american embassy

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

AntididonAi wrote:
<quoted text>
.. protesters in Tahrir once selected someone (Esam Sharaf)as a prime minister,,,, the same protesters few months later chanted in same Tahrir for removing Esam Sharaf !!,,
meaning is : those kids do not have experience/skills to run a country or to manage an adminstration,, they are emotional ,,
.. they did have skills in using internet to gather people at different squares,, and such skills helped well during the 25Jan - 11 Feb 2011,,, then later it became destructive,, realising their skills to gather people was mistaken by them for being expert in economics, politics, military,..etc,, they saw protesting evvvvery day as a profession,,
the country had to get to an order,,and settle,
.. what history will record is : the Military protected the country during the transition stage, elections were organised,, people voted freely,, power was transferred to an elected adminstration,,
.. calling for a new revolution every couple of months fits how mobs would vision future,,
.. in a country like France,, they did not punished Sarkouzi by voting for Hollande ,, they did not need a revolution,
.. in the USA,, millions were aware the George W.'s adminstration lied about WMD of Iraq,, they did not go for a revolution to get him out of office,, not even after he won a second round,,
.. those kids have realized they weigh nothing when it came to elections,, they need to accept the fact that : Egypt appreciate the effort they did to gather people during the 25Jan - 11 Feb 2011, and it did help in providing essential dynamics for the revolution,,,, but Egypt as well relaize they do not have the skill/experience/qualification s/vision to run a country,,
True these kids have no experience about anything , just a bunch of clowns scream like bitches all day long , they dont have any plans or even political agenda to win anything

in the last parliament election they got 4 seats out of 510 and it was only because they introduced votingg based on party lists where they got only 1% of the votes lmfao .

The goverment is not cracking down on those clowns and after the next election within 1 year I expect most of these clowns will be behind the bars for their stupidity.

they are a bunch of sharameet .

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text> they are going to fabricate the elections such like their fellow mubarak,I expect a new revolution is coming against the muslim brotherhood.
Do you call the bunch of communist losers that run around everyday naked in tahrir square people ?

Time to get rid off the worthless subsidy system that only goes into the pockets of thiefs LOL

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Sara wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you expect someone you just starting actually running a country from 1 month to change a fucked up corrupted system that has been going on over 60 years over one night ?

Egypt is going under a restructure phase where they are getting rid of the inefficient subsidies system that is one of the main sources of corruption within Egypt . There are clowns now on the media that are funded by thiefs and thugs working in black markets that want the old corrupted subsidy program to continue

Egypt will move ahead and get rid of the inefficient nasserist left mentality. Most of the clowns protesting now in the streets are a bunch of worthless communists funded by black market thugs LoL .
Sara

Derby, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Frankie wrote:
<quoted text>All that has happened is that one tyrant was replaced with another. The people of Egypt are losing. Many people prediced that a MB takeover was what would happen. It was so obvious. I feel badly for the Egyptian people because the slide into tyrany has only begun.
I agree ;) it's heartbreaking speaking to family members who really thought their lives and the lives of those around them would change for the better :(
Sara

Derby, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>Do you expect someone you just starting actually running a country from 1 month to change a fucked up corrupted system that has been going on over 60 years over one night ?

Egypt is going under a restructure phase where they are getting rid of the inefficient subsidies system that is one of the main sources of corruption within Egypt . There are clowns now on the media that are funded by thiefs and thugs working in black markets that want the old corrupted subsidy program to continue

Egypt will move ahead and get rid of the inefficient nasserist left mentality. Most of the clowns protesting now in the streets are a bunch of worthless communists funded by black market thugs LoL .
no I don't expect much change within a month but I do expect the lives of ordinary people to not worsen!

Do you even know who is the minister for media in Egypt now? The MB are, so the clowns you talk about is something I agree with ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Egypt, Sudan Travel Discussions

Search the Egypt, Sudan Travel Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Egypt official says rockets for Sinai or Gaza Mar '14 Uzi 1
Farouk I of Egypt Feb '14 Shirley Temple 3
Heavy rains hinder routine life of Egyptians (Dec '13) Dec '13 atheist infidelz 5
Kerry: U.S. ties with Egypt 'vital' (Nov '13) Nov '13 anonymous 5
Austrian MFA lifts travel warning for Egyptian ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Culinaire 1
Egypt Joins Israel as Gaza's Jailer (Sep '13) Sep '13 dunadd 7
Gaza Palestinians Still Stranded Abroad By Egyp... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jeff Brightone 7
•••
•••