Mahmoud Salem: Letter from an Egyption revolutionary

Sep 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TwinCities

I have a confession to make: While the whole world was transfixed by us, yet again, due to that whole attacking-the-embassy business, I was going through a tumultuous emotional journey, alternating between bewilderment, horror and shock-based laughter, ending with the most unexpected of feelings: pride.

Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated Sep 23, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sara

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

I have one hell of a lot of respect for this guy ;) you may know him better as Sandmonkey :)

Did anyone read this?

“I am here for a laugh ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Sara wrote:
I have one hell of a lot of respect for this guy ;) you may know him better as Sandmonkey :)
Did anyone read this?
I know these guys , a group of selfish communists with no self respect or regard for their own country , the only place these clowns deserve to be is jail .

These cowards have caused a lot of instability in Cairo and now after they understood that no one longer supports their crap they resorted to violence and riots.

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
I know these guys , a group of selfish communists with no self respect or regard for their own country , the only place these clowns deserve to be is jail .
These cowards have caused a lot of instability in Cairo and now after they understood that no one longer supports their crap they resorted to violence and riots.
disagree with you, not every revolution guy is communist or secularist..... man u seem like a hater of our revolution lol

Instability is something expected, the french people remained 3 years into revolts untill they succeeded to build great france and took france for advanced era
Sara

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>I know these guys , a group of selfish communists with no self respect or regard for their own country , the only place these clowns deserve to be is jail .

Rubbish, they had a vision of Egypt for EVERYONE but unfortunately there were too many 'little men'. They were not organised enough for the likes of the Muslim Brothers or SCAF :(

They have 4 years to get their act together and I for one will be cheering them on ;)

BTW if it wasn't for guys like this there would of been no regime change and the people would still be stuck with Mubarak :(
Sara

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>disagree with you, not every revolution guy is communist or secularist..... man u seem like a hater of our revolution lol

Instability is something expected, the french people remained 3 years into revolts untill they succeeded to build great france and took france for advanced era
nothing wrong with being secularist EL :D I agree with you though
AntididonAi

Courbevoie, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Dear Mahmoud Salem,

I have a confession to make : while the people who gathered in Tahrir square 25th January - 11 February 2011 did represent almost all specturm of the Egyptian society, yet MOST of the gatherings took place later (a decent vocabualry for mobs-demenostrating)were driven by selfish objectives (a decent vocabulary for domestic/external conspiracies), and that does include the brotherhood group, the facebook kids (you and your fellows ?), so called Human Rights Organization in Egypt (a decent vocabulary for USAIDS bribes receivers),
When Mr. Barak Obama made his wonderful statement : "We must educate our children to become like the young Egyptian people" , it was 'accurately designed' for the mentality of Egyptian kids to control(you and your fellows) them by remote control, well adjusted to fit their ego (suddenly they became a 'somebody' of have been being nobody ), and from there the CIA -for a while- had a window to dirve some gatherings (...) which had to stop and the cells so called Human Rights Organizations/Activists were exposed by the Egyptian Intelligence.
The history, has always been the judge, and it will always be. While the great revolution of France did eventually achieve the historical great results we know, yet the history has recognized that it gained its dynamics from MOBS, nobodys-who-were-deceived-of-b eing-somebody, and of course genuine French people as well (similar to those Egyptians who filled the streets of Egypt between 25 Jan-11 Eeb 2011),
The image of street kids throwing stones and burning La Institute d'Egypte destroying 100s of rare books, will stay in mind for how many domestic groups exploited street kids for many dirty demenostrations took place (activists took part as well),
Finally,, nobody can not become somebody when everybody knows that he does not represent anybody,

Best Regards,

“I am here for a laugh ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Sara wrote:
<quoted text>
Rubbish, they had a vision of Egypt for EVERYONE but unfortunately there were too many 'little men'. They were not organised enough for the likes of the Muslim Brothers or SCAF :(
They have 4 years to get their act together and I for one will be cheering them on ;)
BTW if it wasn't for guys like this there would of been no regime change and the people would still be stuck with Mubarak :(
These guys did nothing good for the country , if it was not for the MB the uprising would have failed miserably , its just those kids have been given extra attention from the media during the scaf period which made them antagonistic
AntididonAi

Courbevoie, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
These guys did nothing good for the country , if it was not for the MB the uprising would have failed miserably , its just those kids have been given extra attention from the media during the scaf period which made them antagonistic
... exactly !!
Sara

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>These guys did nothing good for the country , if it was not for the MB the uprising would have failed miserably , its just those kids have been given extra attention from the media during the scaf period which made them antagonistic
The MB were not around in the beginning, they were standing back hedging their bets! They lied throughout :( the only reason they were voted in was because the youth groups hadn't got their act together properly. If you were to count the first round of votes MB got something like 21% and SCAF got roughly the same, that concludes that a majority of Egyptians did want neither :)

The second round of voting was like voting the the lesser evil and that's why MB are now in power!

Think Morsi should now do the right thing and release the revolutionaries from prison now, because I'm pretty sure if it was for them in the beginning he would still be sitting in Tora prison :(

We will have to agree to disagree on this one :)
Karramille

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Egyptians are hero people! They have to defend thier religion in what ever ways...damn with what americans calls "thier value"

“M.A....Rise”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
Those kids were the initial guys in streets protesting against mubarak and beat his evil police forces,many died of them as sacrifice to see the country in better case.

While muslim brotherhood were watching the news on first three days on TV, After they saw the success of protest and failure of police, The whole society was in streets by 28th january.

The muslim brotherhood did join the revolution after some days.

Praise 6 april heros and Kafaya movement,those were the ones who invited egyptians to protest against mubarak regime.

As i remember before our revolution by some days, after success of tunisians, Kafaya movement guys went to share joy front of tunsian embassy in cairo with statements against mubarak, even mubarak pictures were burnt.

Most victims of revolts were not muslim brotherhood guys, they were public young egyptians

“M.A....Rise”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Marshal is obviously against the revolution from beginning, Maybe he was one of mubarak guys or a person who gets benefit by mubarak regime.

I have supported the muslim brotherhood before and defended them as well and from time to other, People forgive them. then after mursi became president.....Their hypocrisy became clear for all

Mursi didnt fulfill any promises and his prime minister is hypocrite and big liar,cheater.

The most sad thing: they pretend to be good image of islam religion while they only discredit the islam.

Islam is not cheat....islam is not hypocrisy....islam is not lying and using others.

The muslim brotherhood are really malicious organisation and dangerous on egyptian society.

Abd nasser was right and ok to put them in jails and so Mubarak.

Now, muslim brotherhood are trying to control each inche of the country to be The next dictators after mubarak, Sow why we made a revolution at all then?

“M.A....Rise”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

untill todays:

the army officers who went for tahrir with protesters against the scaf and tantawy el harami, are jailed!

what does that mean?? Mursi wasnt that good leader enough to represent the revolution, because muslim brotherhood only do care about themselves, they will not free any army officer or protesters.

“M.A....Rise”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Sara wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing wrong with being secularist EL :D I agree with you though
secularism by islamic features are welcomed!

but by western features not welcomed!

thanx for agreeing

Marshal tantawy is supporter of his lovely criminal hero tantawy,the one who killed 67 guys at Mohamed mahmoud street.

tantawy must gain Death penality for killing protesters

AntididonAi

Courbevoie, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>
secularism by islamic features are welcomed!
but by western features not welcomed!
thanx for agreeing
Marshal tantawy is supporter of his lovely criminal hero tantawy,the one who killed 67 guys at Mohamed mahmoud street.
tantawy must gain Death penality for killing protesters
salam Forza,

no, the military did not kill any proterster duriing the 25th Jan - 11 Feb 2011 !!,

if those who for example set fire in the L'Institute d'Egypte and destroyed 100s of rare books, are called protesters, then whom 'mobs' should fit then ?, dealing decisively with incidents where buldings of courts, factories, TV Headquarter, Military premises, government, etc were attacked is a full duty, and it had to be dealt with stongly,
.. creating chaos in the name of 'protesting' at times became insane, and suspecious,

Yes ... those who lost their lives during the 25th Jan - 11 Feb 2011 are martyrs ,,,, those who were killed while attacking national premises, setting fire,...etc are NOT
Sara

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>Those kids were the initial guys in streets protesting against mubarak and beat his evil police forces,many died of them as sacrifice to see the country in better case.

While muslim brotherhood were watching the news on first three days on TV, After they saw the success of protest and failure of police, The whole society was in streets by 28th january.

The muslim brotherhood did join the revolution after some days.

Praise 6 april heros and Kafaya movement,those were the ones who invited egyptians to protest against mubarak regime.

As i remember before our revolution by some days, after success of tunisians, Kafaya movement guys went to share joy front of tunsian embassy in cairo with statements against mubarak, even mubarak pictures were burnt.

Most victims of revolts were not muslim brotherhood guys, they were public young egyptians
well said EL ;) couldn't agree with you more ;)

The youth of Egypt both men and women died for likes of Morsi to be in the position he is now! Let's hope he doesn't forget them ;)
Sara

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Egyptian_lad wrote:
Marshal is obviously against the revolution from beginning, Maybe he was one of mubarak guys or a person who gets benefit by mubarak regime.

I have supported the muslim brotherhood before and defended them as well and from time to other, People forgive them. then after mursi became president.....Their hypocrisy became clear for all

Mursi didnt fulfill any promises and his prime minister is hypocrite and big liar,cheater.

The most sad thing: they pretend to be good image of islam religion while they only discredit the islam.

Islam is not cheat....islam is not hypocrisy....islam is not lying and using others.

The muslim brotherhood are really malicious organisation and dangerous on egyptian society.

Abd nasser was right and ok to put them in jails and so Mubarak.

Now, muslim brotherhood are trying to control each inche of the country to be The next dictators after mubarak, Sow why we made a revolution at all then?
I agree again ;) the thing is the brave people of Egypt who did fight, know they have 4 years to get themselves together and organised for the next election, that's if MB don't change that law too :(
Sara

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

AntididonAi wrote:
<quoted text>salam Forza,

no, the military did not kill any proterster duriing the 25th Jan - 11 Feb 2011 !!,

if those who for example set fire in the L'Institute d'Egypte and destroyed 100s of rare books, are called protesters, then whom 'mobs' should fit then ?, dealing decisively with incidents where buldings of courts, factories, TV Headquarter, Military premises, government, etc were attacked is a full duty, and it had to be dealt with stongly,
.. creating chaos in the name of 'protesting' at times became insane, and suspecious,

Yes ... those who lost their lives during the 25th Jan - 11 Feb 2011 are martyrs ,,,, those who were killed while attacking national premises, setting fire,...etc are NOT
the people destroying Cairo were mainly paid thugs by the SCAF! They wanted the people outside to see that the Egyptian people were behaving like animals, whereas most were not.

I am not saying the riot mentality doesn't happen of course it does ( as we saw here in London last year ) but the majority were plain clothed army officers or prisioners let out of prison to cause mayhem!

“M.A....Rise”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

AntididonAi wrote:
<quoted text>
salam Forza,
w/salam man

You are complete wrong.......the egyptian hypocrite media corrupted your mind and the minds of majority of egyptians.

The ones who used to commit these actions, were the filthy police hidden in civil dress with other gang of criminals,they used to cause lot of anarchy actions in order to show the protesters as evi and corrupters.

ALL people who died after 11 february, are martyrs, they were the reason why the filthy army leaders were changing governments and made lot of pressure on them.

If those protesters were not always in tahrir, The scaf would scam the elections and bring Shafeeq in power.

Actually the regime of mubarak was the same untill mursi succeeded, it never changed

The army just beat the women and made them naked in Qasr el einy street, COWARD tantawy....coward army

I actually i dont support mursi now cuz he set all these filthy army bastards free.......wheres the justice??

Over 8000 egyptian people lost their eyes by police guns? wheres the justice to put the policemen in charge? They are free laughing on how they killed and injured the people

“M.A....Rise”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Sara wrote:
<quoted text>
the people destroying Cairo were mainly paid thugs by the SCAF! They wanted the people outside to see that the Egyptian people were behaving like animals, whereas most were not.
I am not saying the riot mentality doesn't happen of course it does ( as we saw here in London last year ) but the majority were plain clothed army officers or prisioners let out of prison to cause mayhem!
right sara, thats exactly what happened

They even sent their guys to play in mind of protests to leave the protests, when i was in tahrir, some guys would come to me and says" you want the scaf to leave the power? so who will lead egypt? i replied, a team of baradie abou el fotoh,sabbahi, he mocked them.......he also went for other guys and repeating the same stuff.

The scaf was sending his gangs to end protests by any price cuz this was the thorn in their back.

the coward MB used to attack protests too after they won the parliment elections,the pigs used to call the women who were beaten by army, wh'res that they went for tahrir for playing sex games

this was the hero army of tantawy, beating women at streets:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Egypt, Sudan Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Egypt official says rockets for Sinai or Gaza Mar '14 Uzi 1
Farouk I of Egypt (Feb '14) Feb '14 Shirley Temple 3
Heavy rains hinder routine life of Egyptians (Dec '13) Dec '13 atheist infidelz 5
Kerry: U.S. ties with Egypt 'vital' (Nov '13) Nov '13 anonymous 5
Austrian MFA lifts travel warning for Egyptian ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Culinaire 1
Egypt Joins Israel as Gaza's Jailer (Sep '13) Sep '13 dunadd 7
Gaza Palestinians Still Stranded Abroad By Egyp... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jeff Brightone 7

Search the Egypt, Sudan Travel Forum:
•••