Denver mayor says global warming evidence is 'shocking'

Dec 9, 2009 Full story: 9NEWS 29

Global warming skeptics out there, take note: Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper is looking to change your mind.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Too Funny

Littleton, CO

#1 Dec 9, 2009
The only thing shocking is that this man is a mayor.
your fu ck ing mom

Aurora, CO

#2 Dec 9, 2009
the real shocker is how retarded you are to believe your saving the world by not caring about it.
pinebeetle

Denver, CO

#3 Dec 9, 2009
your fu ck ing mom wrote:
the real shocker is how retarded you are to believe your saving the world by not caring about it.
Spoken like you true irrational liberal. Most of us DO care about this planet. Then again, rational people realize we don't have to ruin our standard of living based on the opine of politically and monitarily motivated "scientists". Remember thwhen the democrats came up with "acid rain". huh

“Don't like the rules?...Leave”

Since: Mar 07

Denver, but on pause...

#5 Dec 9, 2009
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

Where will it land?...

It doesn't take a genius to recognize that this planet is a LIVING being, and not some random chunk of dirt floating around space...
Yes, the climate changes...It has since the beginning of time...
HOWEVER, this little expensive, gross polluting shin-dig in Copenhagen is nothing more than one more way to tax every person on the planet...
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the U.S. agrees to get on board with this "fuzzy" science...We, or should I say Obama, will dump billions of OPM (other peoples money) into cleaning up THIS country, conforming to whimsical standards to prevent things that NO MAN has control over...Whose going to make China, India, and Mexico do their part?...After all, their pollution will not set up camp over their land, it will effect the rest of us who are doing our part...What then?...

GOD says we are to be good stewards of the land...Let me tell you, it isn't me who's jetting across the entire world in a private plane...It isn't me who lives in a 30,000 sq ft home with astronomical utility bills (Al Gore, John Edwards, Obama)...It isn't me who runs manufacturing businesses in third-world countries because they'll let me pump anything into the soil/air/water...I don't drive an SUV, let alone a fleet of them...It isn't me dumping waste into our oceans by the ton...
So, since it isn't me, why should I be expected to pay for it?...If they propose assigning fees based on use, they're ALL screwed...But, they'll more likely impose yet another "tax" on "We, the People..." so they can continue increasing THEIR carbon footprint...

On a final note, one has to wonder if any one of these idiots has the common sense of a gnat...It's been proven time, and time again that governments throughout the world tamper with weather...China did it for the Olympics, who knows what else other nations are doing/have done?...If they'd just LEAVE NATURE ALONE, our planet will be just fine...It has sustained itself through worse than us, and will only suffer what GOD allows...
Tjeerd

Chino, CA

#6 Dec 9, 2009
THIS MAYOR IS A LOSER

Since: Feb 08

Canada

#7 Dec 9, 2009
Too Funny wrote:
The only thing shocking is that this man is a mayor.
lol

Denver, but on pause...

#8 Dec 9, 2009
Tjeerd wrote:
THIS MAYOR IS A LOSER
That I have to agree with...However, before casting stones know this, Colorado largely follows the footsteps of California...Triple vehicle registrations in California, Colorado follows suit...Allow violent gang bangers to wantonly attack people on the streets, Colorado does too...
California is the PERFECT example of what every other state should NOT want to be...Broke, full of ILLEGALS, and ran by those who should have never quit their day jobs...

Since: Sep 07

Denver, Co

#9 Dec 9, 2009
Hussie wrote:
<quoted text>That I have to agree with...However, before casting stones know this, Colorado largely follows the footsteps of California...Triple vehicle registrations in California, Colorado follows suit...Allow violent gang bangers to wantonly attack people on the streets, Colorado does too...
California is the PERFECT example of what every other state should NOT want to be...Broke, full of ILLEGALS, and ran by those who should have never quit their day jobs...
Well thankfully we are still are far far way from becoming CA. Owning and concealed carry of fire arms is still legal here. The city of Denver does try to be like CA as much as they can, however. Mayor Hickenlooper is just one example of that.
cjrian

Denver, CO

#10 Dec 9, 2009
So the Hick wants to walk through the "evidence" for AGW with every skeptic, does he? Will he mind if he gets interrupted every minute or two so the "evidence" can be refuted? He heard the bias, how about if he sits for the decimation of the politically motivated bull.

AGW is a fallacy to enlarge governmental scope and its control over the lives of the governed and to strip assets from the US to give to corruptocrats in Banana republics.

Denver, but on pause...

#11 Dec 9, 2009
infantryman wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thankfully we are still are far far way from becoming CA. Owning and concealed carry of fire arms is still legal here. The city of Denver does try to be like CA as much as they can, however. Mayor Hickenlooper is just one example of that.
Sadly, Hickenlooper isn't the only one who's driving that bus...Ritter is the one modeling Colorado as a carbon copy of California and it's failed policies...California also allows for "CCW" permits, but not in the same manner as Colorado...

"California is a “May Issue” state; the decision to grant a CCW (Carry a Concealed Weapon) Permit being granted (or refused) at the discretion of the County Sheriff or Police Chief. Some sheriffs/chiefs issue on a reasonable basis, others can be next to impossible to persuade. Many of them operate illegal policies that are ripe for a challenge."

However, please don't kid yourself into believing that Colorado will emerge unscathed from the elements that are running amok there...Colorado has drastically changed in very recent years, and it's largely due to lax enforcement of the laws...
Denver has never been as dangerous as it is now, as I've never been afraid to walk the streets at night in LoDo...That being said, it sure would have been something if one of those gang-bangers who were attacking "white" people would have come across someone who was carrying...I assure you, it would have put an end to that shit real quick...
Remember, California wasn't always this way either...And, if it can happen here, it WILL happen in Colorado if nothing is done to stop it...It's already happening...

Since: Sep 07

Denver, Co

#12 Dec 9, 2009
Hussie wrote:
<quoted text>Sadly, Hickenlooper isn't the only one who's driving that bus...Ritter is the one modeling Colorado as a carbon copy of California and it's failed policies...California also allows for "CCW" permits, but not in the same manner as Colorado...
"California is a “May Issue” state; the decision to grant a CCW (Carry a Concealed Weapon) Permit being granted (or refused) at the discretion of the County Sheriff or Police Chief. Some sheriffs/chiefs issue on a reasonable basis, others can be next to impossible to persuade. Many of them operate illegal policies that are ripe for a challenge."
However, please don't kid yourself into believing that Colorado will emerge unscathed from the elements that are running amok there...Colorado has drastically changed in very recent years, and it's largely due to lax enforcement of the laws...
Denver has never been as dangerous as it is now, as I've never been afraid to walk the streets at night in LoDo...That being said, it sure would have been something if one of those gang-bangers who were attacking "white" people would have come across someone who was carrying...I assure you, it would have put an end to that shit real quick...
Remember, California wasn't always this way either...And, if it can happen here, it WILL happen in Colorado if nothing is done to stop it...It's already happening...
You are of course right. Things can always get worse, but they can also get better. Ritter does not have much longer and I'm hoping that McInnis will get the vote and do a hopefully do a much better job.

Since: Jun 09

Scrotum, Idaho

#14 Dec 12, 2009
Global warming.

What a joke.

Oh yes - in about 3,000 years it will be a BIG problem.
pinebeetle

Denver, CO

#15 Dec 12, 2009
Telstar wrote:
Global warming.
What a joke.
Oh yes - in about 3,000 years it will be a BIG problem.
In three thousand years we'll be smack dap in the middle of a little ice age. And remember Gore says the earths core is millions of degrees. liberals are idiots.
Mea

Papakura, New Zealand

#16 Dec 13, 2009
pinebeetle wrote:
<quoted text> And remember Gore says the earths core is millions of degrees. liberals are idiots.
Earth to moon,,,,please repeat,,,,,millions or billions?
The Doctor

Brookhaven, PA

#17 Dec 13, 2009
Horton Hears a Who.

Since: Jun 09

Scrotum, Idaho

#18 Dec 13, 2009
With Al Gore, millions or billions is irrelevant.

The man who invented the internet can't be bothered with details!
Castle Bravo at Bikini

United States

#19 Dec 13, 2009
Hussie:
I like that acronym OPM. Gonna use it a lot now, if you don't mind!
Yep, this Cap-and-Destroy scheme is just another way to get into our wallets. WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH? When you goons take ALL our money? That's Communism, you dolts. I earn my money fair and square, with long hard hours in an honest business. Why don't you government goons come work in my shoes for a month? Forget holidays off, forget the nice gold-plated insurance and retirement packages you voted for yourselves, forget the 'junket' tours that we the people pay for. Earn your money honestly for a change, and see how you feel about having it taken away arbitrarily by someone who was the class nerd and is now 'getting back' at everyone by working for the Infernal Revenue Service. And no, that ain't a typo.
Lone Wolf

Vinaroz, Spain

#20 Dec 13, 2009
The mayor hopes to get in on the carbon tax racket.......,,, infowars.com
Mea

Papakura, New Zealand

#21 Dec 13, 2009
Telstar wrote:
With Al Gore, millions or billions is irrelevant.
The man who invented the internet can't be bothered with details!
Earth to Moon 2,,,,,Seek help immediately,,,,repeat immediately !!
Pryor

Littleton, CO

#27 Dec 15, 2009
Hick is a very immature and not very bright individual. He reminds me of some 9th grader in HS thinking he should be class president, top debater in the debate class, and king at the prom. Whenever he is on the Rosin show, I have to listen to another station. There is a limit to how much childishness I can listen to.

The data on GW being a fraud is so overwhelming, a sound person could never fall for it. Let me list a few things,(it's for the Hick in case he happens to stray to this site). GW doesn't exist because the measurements are incorrect from the get go. Most of the debate seems to be on man being responsible, however if we back up to the sources of data, we see there is no GW period.

The boxes (Steveanson Screes) are mostly placed where there are suitably trained people to read them, such as at post offices in town/city centres, airports, pilot stations, lighthouses, radio/tv stations, farms, and cattle stations. By far the majority are located in towns and cities.

- The Urban Heat Island Effect is the first major source of error, caused by the tendency of concrete, roads, and buildings to heat up to high temperatures in the daytime and slowly release that heat during the night, resulting in a higher daytime and even higher nightime temperature than would exist in a nearby rural area. The effect increases with the size of the urban area, so that as towns undergo their natural growth over time, so too does the measured temperature increase in step with that urban growth. This gives a false impression of long-term warming.

-Australia temps recorded from 1910 to 1990 in rural areas average to be constant, while cities recordings show a gradual increase, even in the same regional areas.

-Dr Thomas Karl of the NOAA, the author of the latest NOAA announcement, himself investigated the temperature history of the continental USA back in 1989, using over 6,000 sites and subjecting them to intense quality control against urbanisation errors and found no warming at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denmark Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Denmark's first 'real' mosque opens, bankrolled... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Old Pom 15
News Greenland's Prime Minister Looks on Global... (May '14) May '14 see Antarctica Ba... 1
News Fodor's: Where To Go In Europe This Spring (Mar '14) Mar '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News Global climate deal hopes hinge on China, US, U... (Mar '14) Mar '14 SpaceBlues 1
News Tax sugar to end Mexico's obesity? (Nov '13) Nov '13 x0x0x 1
News Holidays in Denmark: Castles, crystal clear sky... (Jun '13) Jun '13 2gocopenhagen 1
News Nunavut MP sets off on four-nation Scandinavian... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Randy 2
More from around the web