United Airlines CEO paid more than $13 million

Apr 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Miami Herald

Jeffery Smisek helped put together the world's largest airline with the merger of United and Continental, and the company rewarded him by more than tripling his compensation last year to $13.4 million.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Mar 19, 2013
sam

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

disgusting!
Nomad

Trenton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 30, 2012
 
What about your co-workers, chump.

Since: Mar 12

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Really! disgusting!
EXCO

Central District, Hong Kong

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 30, 2012
 
I think this is why CO will merger with UA ... sad and disgusting !!!!

Since: May 08

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 30, 2012
 
Where can I send a donation...poor guy. Hey Mr. Horton over at AMR....This could be you. Please
Peter Allen

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 30, 2012
 
Yes it's 638 bucks a min

Since: May 08

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I will give 10% of every penny I have received in a raise since 2006. HA HA fooled you I work for AA, we haven't gotten raises. In fact if we are bought by US, there is no language for raises there yet either. But I will still have a job.
CAL pilot

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Its all Jeffed up!! He is the 2nd coming of Lorenzo. Please make your 30 million and move on.
CAL pilot

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Hit your milestones ready or not and ruin a good airline for your own personal gain. International wide body captain makes less than a southwest B737 captain flying IAH to Tulsa!! Shame on you Jeff Lorenzo tripling you pay while your pilots that you obviously don't respect continue to work for 2006 concessionaire contract wages. Your no different than the other 16 CEO's that have preceded you in my 30 year career.
Beef Stew

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 2, 2012
 
It's not Jeff, but the BOD who tripled his pay. They don't care anymore, their stock is safe...for now.
OldCapt

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Beef Stew wrote:
It's not Jeff, but the BOD who tripled his pay. They don't care anymore, their stock is safe...for now.
Welcome to America. It is all about the top 1%, or in this case .1% This is an age old system. The CEO/Chairman picks the Board of Directors and rewards them with hefty pay for a couple of days of work so that they will approve his next pay package. It has nothing to do with the price of stock or the stockholders. They (WE) got screwed. The price of the stock is actually 10% lower than it was before the merger.
Beef Stew

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

You got it backwards, but that doesn't surprise me. The BOD is elected by the stockholders, and the CEO is hired by them.
OldCapt

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Beef Stew wrote:
You got it backwards, but that doesn't surprise me. The BOD is elected by the stockholders, and the CEO is hired by them.
That's the theory but it's not reality. When's the last time you heard of an American Board of directors cutting the pay of the CEO/Chairman of the BOARD (of directors)? These guys all serve on each other's boards (interlocking directorates) and make sure things work in each other's favor. Every board has an outside director or two, generally filling a quota (minority, female, religious or green) who is not part of the incestuous inner circle but they are just for show and generally have little sway in the running of the company.
Ken

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 17, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

We United employees don't have a contract but Jeff receives a 12 million dollar raise!! Let's all just blame it on oil prices. After all, thats what United does. High oil my ASS! It averaged about 90-95 a barrel last year. And United made 1.2 billion last year? United, your running out of excuses. Put up or shut the fuck up! I support all you United pilots. I hope that you all have the courage to bring back another summer from hell and engage in some sort of work action against this sorry ass United Mgmt! I believe that's the only language Jeff understands! All employee groups need to stand together! Then , and only then, will we all see a fair contract! God bless!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 26, 2012
 
Ken wrote:
High oil my ASS! It averaged about 90-95 a barrel last year. And United made 1.2 billion last year? United, your running out of excuses. Put up or shut the fuck up!
Gettin' a little worked up there, although I can't saiz I blame you.$13mm payday?

The road to success in the stock market is littered with the corpses of the ill-informed. Get Informed, make the right decisions by doing the appropriate due diligence http://www.duediligencetactics.com
exual

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ken wrote:
We United employees don't have a contract but Jeff receives a 12 million dollar raise!! Let's all just blame it on oil prices. After all, thats what United does. High oil my ASS! It averaged about 90-95 a barrel last year. And United made 1.2 billion last year? United, your running out of excuses. Put up or shut the fuck up! I support all you United pilots. I hope that you all have the courage to bring back another summer from hell and engage in some sort of work action against this sorry ass United Mgmt! I believe that's the only language Jeff understands! All employee groups need to stand together! Then , and only then, will we all see a fair contract! God bless!
Sounds like your unhappy working for ua. Why are you still there? The company working closely with the union, screwed me over once, so I left and rebuilt quickly what I had before the bankruptcy. Never been better post united. Move on. If you need skills or education, get it, makes all the difference!!
Ramprat

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

CAL pilot wrote:
Its all Jeffed up!! He is the 2nd coming of Lorenzo. Please make your 30 million and move on.
If he moves on he will get a golden parachute of probably 50 million plus plus plus. But don't U dare ask for a dime you greedy bastard. Just fly the plane and bring it in for a safe landing an shut your mouth. The CEO must be smarter than all of us. That's why he's the CEO.
Lloyd

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 19, 2013
 
That much and if I want to use my mileage plus miles for a 1.5 hr flight I need to book 6 months ahead of time or else spend 50k miles per person round trip. what a bunch of crap this airline is after 20 years of flying with them. Brin on South west.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••