Antigua and Barbuda Announces New $45...

Antigua and Barbuda Announces New $45M Airport Terminal

There are 2 comments on the All Voices story from Nov 22, 2011, titled Antigua and Barbuda Announces New $45M Airport Terminal. In it, All Voices reports that:

Major UK Tour Operators Will Fly More Tourists From 2013 UNITED KINGDOM - November 22nd, 2011 - The ground has been broken at the site of Antigua's major new terminal, an expansion to the VC Bird International Airport, located north of Saint John's. It is hoped that the 45 Million Dollar investment will bring jobs, economic growth and even greater ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at All Voices.

Expatantigua

Swindon, UK

#1 Nov 23, 2011
Sounds really great and will stop us from getting very wet between the plane and the existing terminal. What I wonder however, is how the local hard pressed Immigration staff are going to cope with the 'vast' increase in passenger throughput. At present it can take over an hour to get through.
The next 'barrier',having fought off the red jacketed baggage handlers (Why no trollies?), is the famous (infamous?) A&B Customs service.
By the time you step off the plane and get into a taxi you feel like going straight home.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 29, 2011
Leaving tomorrow for uk after 2 weeks in antigua. Was ok but not amazing. They need better roads for a start. And ofc the waiting to pass the immigration is just crazy. Bigger airport will fix nothing, need the basic infrustarcture...will we come back, nahh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antigua and Barbuda Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Guyana asks Antigua about new immigration policy (Sep '09) Oct '09 anessa alfred 2
News Antigua facing stormy weather (Mar '09) Mar '09 Michelle 1
News Antigua and Barbuda police improve digital fore... (Mar '09) Mar '09 vioni 1
More from around the web