Americans to travel farther and spend more in 2012

Dec 30, 2011 Full story: Reuters 28

Long-haul bookings to Europe, Asia and Australia are up in 2012, comprising 11 of the top 20 destinations for U.S. travelers, compared to nine in 2011, the survey of 640 travel agents showed.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pepe

Sydney, Australia

#21 Dec 30, 2011
Blunt wrote:
<quoted text>I must have missed out on the anti-american programming, like most people I know.
No dude, it is another confused black thing! We have to sahre internet these days, it is no longer a conversation we can walk away from when we see it is a fake black we are talking to, we have to find out the hard way, by actually following their disturbed mantras.

If you are white, well just have a chuckle at them and make another cup of tea!
same here

Melbourne, Australia

#22 Dec 30, 2011
Pepe wrote:
Hhhmmm Been to LA, did the Movie World, Universal Studios, Disney Land thing, looked around, got quite bored, so I nicked threw San Diego and went to Mexico. It was a lot of fun, shame I had to go back to LA to fly home,
Hit the road to Nevada.
josh

Melbourne, Australia

#23 Jan 1, 2012
Restore Democracy wrote:
How the fark can Americans be travelling in greater numbers when the US is bankrupt??????
Or are these one way trips?
Why are so many people from brisbane clueless?
Blunt

Brisbane, Australia

#24 Jan 1, 2012
josh wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are so many people from brisbane clueless?
state-based bigotry ?...care full loudmouth, or Queensland will declare war on the south and invade...we have a bigger army than you , and we play mens football, not womens football....
josh

Melbourne, Australia

#25 Jan 1, 2012
Mr Humbert wrote:
Americans who travel Australia- Old bluehaired retirees or trustfund college students. Normal educated Americans WANT CULTURE. Thats why Europe beats Australia everytime.
Normal Americans know AUSTRALIANS ARE ANTIAMERICAN, its expensive and offers NOTHING that we can't get here.
France Britain Spain. Culture. Price. How can Australia compete. Australians are antiamerican assholes and the country offers diddly frickin squat. Customer service BLOWS
NO BRAINER. Europe Canada Asia and even Tijuana better than Australia who offers nothing but an UGLY ANTIAMERICAN BAD ATTITUDE.
You forgot another group rich americans, bill gates is staying here now in sydney ,hes so rich he doesnt mind paying 25000 a week to live in a big mansion in one of sydneys leafier suburbs
no more

Lidcombe, Australia

#26 Jan 1, 2012
UScitizenAbroad wrote:
Hmmm....I get the impression Humbert's a little more nuts than usual today??
His slanderous astroturfing towards you Aussies comes across as increasingly.....desperate. Time to change to different meds ?
May be wrong. but, Humbert tends to use more capital letters in posts when the medication loses effectiveness.
That's why he's an Indian...U can easily detect those high ambitious Indian - a blind lover of its kind but a foe to its neighbours.
Raydot

Barstow, CA

#28 Jan 15, 2012
I live in the USA. We are broke, because our politicians replaced the American workforce with 25 million illegal mexican cheap labor slaves, sending the world into a spiral. Im still unemployed. Our politicians are playing a dangerous game with this coruption. Mexico makes Afghanistan and Iraq look like a childs game. Google this.....Borderland Beat mexico. This kind of stuff is spreading into the United States, because we have a coward for a president, who puts illegal aliens before American citizens. He does nothing to protect our jobs from the illegal mexican slave labor aliens. Over a million jobs went to China and this also broke the United States. No American travels the way they did in the past. Our unemployment is at 25 million Americans out of work as of right now. Thats how many illegal aliens have come into the country. Oh well what can you do except watch politicians play with our lives. People in the United States cant afford to by gasoline for their cars. Gas is at 3.75 a gallon. Thats insane. Levis were only 20 bucks, now they cost 50 bucks for one pair. Apples are 1.50 a pound. Millions of Americans have lost their homes to forclosures, because we have no jobs anymore. The rich and most of the politicians own mexican slaves.
Vlad

Vallejo, CA

#29 Jan 15, 2012
Mr Humbert wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatayah sayin? Cut my throat then world has peace. PLEASE! Message is DON'T TRAVEL to Australia. Antiamerican, no culture and too expensive. Go to EUROPE better experience. And I'm American. I'd say if you tour USA, my hometown LA sucks. Go to New York SF and visit our National Parks. Is it a better tourist spot than EUROPE? NO WAY. Much better than Australia though. You people are HORRIBLE! Avoid Australia at all costs.
SF is a toilet, vagrants, homosexuals, off the boat asians, it is a third world toilet with a sliver of wealthy areas.

Europe is not faring much better. Americans in general do not travel much overseas, but this uptick is only a small increase. More Americans are interested in leaving too as well, given the current state of the US.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amsterdam, Netherlands Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prices of train tickets to Belgium to increase ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 european2012 1
TSO kicks off the new season with travel announ... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Kris 1
Layover in Amsterdam, driving in Costa Rica (Oct '09) Oct '09 ABC 1
In Amsterdam, Art Meets the Lost-and-Found (May '09) May '09 Vindhek 1
Amsterdam moves to close a fifth of 'coffee shops' (Nov '08) Nov '08 Legalize marijuana 1
Great site for Amsterdam Info!!! (May '08) May '08 Mike 1

Amsterdam, Netherlands Travel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE