Christian B&B Owners Sell; Won't Rent to Unmarried Couples

Sep 19, 2013 Full story: EDGE 64

After a lengthy legal battle, the Christian owners of a U.K. B&B, who refused a same-sex couple a double room in 2008, say they are selling their hotel.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#1 Sep 19, 2013
Buh bye bigots

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#2 Sep 19, 2013
Good riddance.

People who can't abide by the laws established for a particular type of business should not be in that business in the first place.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#3 Sep 19, 2013
I hope they got a great price for their business and can live comfortably for the rest of their lives. The whole world will soon figure out that gays directly cause a great deal of harm for many people. It won't bode well.
Florida Gator

Alexandria, VA

#4 Sep 19, 2013
I wish queers would stay away from little boys.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Sep 19, 2013
How much is the place?

How much is the island in the background?
spider

Brandon, UK

#6 Sep 19, 2013
Chance wrote:
I hope they got a great price for their business and can live comfortably for the rest of their lives. The whole world will soon figure out that gays directly cause a great deal of harm for many people. It won't bode well.
The whole world will soon figure out that RELIGION directly causes a great deal of harm for many people.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#7 Sep 20, 2013
Chance wrote:
Oh, look, the biggest hypocrite on Topix is mouthing off again. WHY are you using a computer that is built and supported by gay friendly computer companies? YOU said you won't touch any business that is GAY FRIENDLY, yet here you, lovingly caressing your computer like a gay lover.

How strange. How hypocritical, but typical, a run of the mill slacker who only boycotts things that he does not need. But, when it comes to something he likes, to HELL with his HIGH and MIGHTY morals. As if you weren't loathsome enough, you are even more vile than we thought.

Palm Springs, California

#8 Sep 20, 2013
Florida Gator wrote:
Stop it, now YOU'RE tying this tired technique? UNLESS it is little liar "R1" who is known for this silly non sequiter clap trap, sing songing that tired silly quote no matter what the topic.

I thought you were above this, but I guess I was mistaken.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#9 Sep 20, 2013
Hopefully, a nice gay couple will buy it.
Newton

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Sep 20, 2013
Florida Gator wrote:
Me two, especially Curteese!!!
Jones

Anonymous Proxy

#11 Sep 20, 2013
I'm glad to see decent people stand strong and not give into homosexual and liberal scum.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#12 Sep 20, 2013
Chance wrote:
They harmed themselves by thinking they are above the law.

The whole world is figuring out that bigotry hiding behind jesus is still bigotry.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#13 Sep 20, 2013
Jones wrote:
I'm glad to see decent people stand strong and not give into homosexual and liberal scum.
Selling the place.... is NOT standing strong and NOT giving in. ROTFL@U Too funny.
Florida Gator

Alexandria, VA

#14 Sep 20, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Selling the place.... is NOT standing strong and NOT giving in. ROTFL@U Too funny.
Hey fagg@t, better wipe the sh!t off your mouth before you smile.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#15 Sep 20, 2013
snyper wrote:
How much is the place?
Given the location on the Cornish coast, I'm sure it is plenty. Cornwall is the favourite Brit in-country vacation spot.

Palm Springs, California

#16 Sep 20, 2013
Jones wrote:
I'm no expert of British taxes, but I am hoping that they have huge capital gain taxes on selling real estate and it cleans them out, and they can live in some wretched flat and suck on that as they sit and wait for Jesus to cut them a check.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#17 Sep 20, 2013
Chance wrote:
The place already has a rotten reputation; so nobody is fooled when you blame everything on gay people who are not even allowed to go there
From Google: "AVOID CHYMORVAH - DIRTY UNSAFE HOTEL AND RELIGIOUS NIGHTMARE” We were particularly disappointed with this hotel – although the owners went to very considerable lengths indeed to attempt to persuade us to leave a favorable comment with Tripadvisor. Apparently numerous people who stayed earlier were dissatisfied and made their thoughts known and there appeared to be a genuine failure to comprehend most things in this small hotel are simply substandard. Unfortunately the whole establishment is quite old, shabby,'tired' and most disappointing of all it's not particularly clean anywhere. The bathroom in our bedroom was probably at least thirty years old and everywhere looked as though it needed a through deep clean - we have the photos to prove this too! Numerous fire doors are propped open most of the time and I have serious doubts if the elderly owners are actually aware of the simple fact it's now illegal not to be fully compliant with mandatory fire regulations applied to Hotels and guest Houses throughout England – we actually felt quite unsafe. The poultry and pet animals kept on the premises were also in need of attention and cleaning and animal odours seemed to permeate everywhere. The food served was of low quality and after the second day we even had breakfasts elsewhere. Unfortunately, the elderly owners are some sort of fundamentalist evangelical Christians, and although this normally would not be a problem one does not want to read numerous wholly inappropriate religious texts than are crudely and inaccurately reproduced everywhere. Without doubt this is the worst small hotel or guest house that I have ever had the misfortune to visit and would advise any discerning visitor to totally avoid."
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#18 Sep 20, 2013
snyper wrote:
How much is the place?
That is St. Micheal's Island in the background
It has a 1000yo castle perched on top; the perfect setting for chatting with psychotic homophobic trolls on TOPIX
And it also affords a view of that creepy Chymorvah House across the bay; so you can report to us when it gets new owners
http://www.stmichaelsmount.co.uk/

Location hidden

#19 Sep 20, 2013
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the location on the Cornish coast, I'm sure it is plenty. Cornwall is the favourite Brit in-country vacation spot.
We're looking into it.

Location hidden

#20 Sep 20, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
That is St. Micheal's Island in the background
It has a 1000yo castle perched on top; the perfect setting for chatting with psychotic homophobic trolls on TOPIX
And it also affords a view of that creepy Chymorvah House across the bay; so you can report to us when it gets new owners
http://www.stmichaelsmount.co.uk/
Drat it! Already a park.

grrr.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Passengers Boo Malik, PML-N Lawmaker Off PIA Fl... 30 min NITiN 1
Pakistan offers one of world's best investment ... 36 min NITiN 40
Alba hosts TBS delegation [24X7 News Bahrain On... 38 min NITiN 3
Housekeeping at hotel walking in on me naked... (Aug '07) 55 min Joe 2,513
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr Quirky 261,753
A home full of rarities 3 hr swathi 1
Micronesian in Hawaii (Aug '11) 10 hr Incognito 543
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••