The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 409049 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Buck

Hartford, CT

#189820 Sep 30, 2013
How many counter offers have the republicans made??? The dems won't even come to the table, and they are blaming the Republicans for holding the country hostage??? What a joke... I say shut it down, the government hasn't helped the people who actually work for a living in years... We have been doing it without them anyway. The only thing that should be paid is our Veteran benefits and our service men and women. I think the president can do without greens fees for a few weeks especially when most of our country has had to cut milk from their budget.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Marion Oaks..

#189825 Sep 30, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what was it that the Democrats in the Senate stripped out of the house bill? Why not tell everyone exactly what was "stripped" out before sending it back to the House?
I'll tell you what was stripped out of that bill. It was a clause requiring Senators, Congressmen, the President and all their staffers to get the same Obamacare health insurance that they are mandating Taxpayers to get.
Something is wrong with a program that the Democrats in the House and Senate and the President all pushed into law when those same Democrats now refuse to use and have exempted themselves and their staffers from participating in.
Why can't the Democrats just sign up for Obamacare and get the CR passed? Why blame Republicans? They passed a CR in the house. It's the Democrat controlled senate that refused to pass it.
What is so bad about Obamacare that even Obama doesn't want it for him and his family? Someone should ask Harry Reed the same question.
"Why can't the Democrats just sign up for Obamacare and get the CR passed? Why blame Republicans? They passed a CR in the house. It's the Democrat controlled senate that refused to pass it.

What is so bad about Obamacare that even Obama doesn't want it for him and his family? Someone should ask Harry Reed the same question."

They don't want it either and the blame will be put on the dems during the election cycle in 2014.. The pubs in the house outsmarted the dems in the senate.. ;-)

Eagle
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#189826 Sep 30, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, that's Courtney Cavernhole that admitted to being a pole-dancer.
Wrong again as usual!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#189827 Sep 30, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't. You lie and bait just to get attention and to feel you're in control of something. And on Topix no less. LOL!
Yes I do tell the truth, unlike you. GFY! You little fukiswold.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#189828 Sep 30, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
He's entitled to his opinion, but he's not entitled to make up his own facts.
The simple truth is that the majority of Americans have been in favor of immigration reform that includes some form of legal status for quite some time now.
Only a fool denies simple reality in favor of his own opinion...but then we are talking about GR so we have to expect this kind of thing.
The Intolerance of Truth
http://www.christianpost.com/news/the-intoler...
They will reject the truth and chase after myths.
- 2 Timothy 4:4

Not all of America's founding fathers were believers, but even those who were not committed followers of Jesus Christ had, at the very least, a great respect for the Bible. That is why they built our judicial system-and really the government as a whole-on it.

But things have changed, haven't they? We have gotten away from this. There are many people now who question the idea of absolute truth. They will say, "My version of the truth is as valid as your truth. How dare you impose your version on me?" (which basically means holding an opinion that is contrary to theirs).

A sign of the end times will be people turning from the truth: "For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths" (2 Timothy 4:3–4).

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#189829 Sep 30, 2013
Lilith_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>HIV really... that's highest in the bible belt you dumbazz Check the CDC
It's highest among the African and Latino communities. Just the type of clients that still allow a skank like you to service them. Probably aught to check yourself.

Since: Jun 10

Martinez, CA

#189830 Sep 30, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I concur. It is the truth Rose is always seeking but can't accept.
LMAO! "seeking but can't accept" what?

I don't seek anything from Topix, but I accept wholeheartedly that you're an idiot along with your idiot friends, and you need to gossip and lie about me just to get some female attention.

I'm not interested. Get a life, POS.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#189831 Sep 30, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to me exactly how "attrition through enforcement" is going to work eagle.
How do you make it work and how do you make it official policy in a political climate like we have right now.
There are realities and complexities here that are simply beyond your feeble ability to comprehend, but I'm listening...what's your plan?
It works just like it says. You always throw a monkey wrench into the works to further your agenda of amnesty. We all have been here long enough to know how you are.

Martinez, CA

#189834 Sep 30, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I do tell the truth, unlike you. GFY! You little fukiswold.
Gasp!! Profanity, POS?

You lie about me and others on this thread on a daily basis. You do it to impress your lord and master GR and to feel like some kind of tough guy on Topix. LOL!

I haven't lied about anything.

Curb your temper and clean up your language. Your friends are simply horrified over profanity you know.

Oh, and get back on topic. You and GR are creating discord as usual with all your personal attacks, insults and lies.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#189835 Sep 30, 2013
positronium wrote:
For AL:
You bet I will in lieu of his violation of my trust. I will take steps to insure that the full letter of the laws are followed in regards and the maximum penalties are observed.
I am totally pi**ed.
This guy took full advantage of my generosity.
I also recorded my political discussion with him and I know for certain that our sheriff is on my side. I have invited him to my house for a beer summit to hear my full discussion with the poacher.
He accepted my offer.
"I also recorded my political discussion with him"

In New York (I believe) it is illegal to record a face to face conversation without the consent of both parties.

There's a good chance you just confessed to committing a crime.

:)

“ON THE PROWL”

Marion Oaks..

#189836 Sep 30, 2013
Lilith_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>Ok tell that to VA who prescribe my meds... I really don't care what you believe
Okay tell us what meds you are on.. Why have a 1200. a month rent when you claim to be a lot lizard that can't find a job?? Surely you could hang out at a few truckstops and earn money instead of paying rent..

Eagle

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#189839 Sep 30, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Imagine that, and you got 3 spam, 3 nuts, and 3 clueless."
X-(WO)man posted:Hahhahahhahaa!!!Imagine that, and you got
3 spam, 3 nuts, and 3 clueless.
3 spam====X-(WO)man
3 nuts====NTR
3 clueless===Wild Mexican Rose
....admitted the X-(WO)man.
LOL

Does calling me a "WO" man make you feel better?

Lashing out at me isn't going to change anything. Try and control your anger.

;)

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#189840 Sep 30, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! "seeking but can't accept" what?
I don't seek anything from Topix, but I accept wholeheartedly that you're an idiot along with your idiot friends, and you need to gossip and lie about me just to get some female attention.
I'm not interested. Get a life, POS.
I am not here to interest you. Perhaps you should get a life and become an American citizen, alien invader.

Martinez, CA

#189842 Sep 30, 2013
Obama Says 'One Faction' Can't Shut Down Government

By MARY BRUCE (@marykbruce) Sep 30, 2013, 5:15 PM

With a government shutdown just hours away, President Obama warned lawmakers today that a shutdown would "throw a wrench into the gears of our economy" and slammed House Republicans for failing to fulfill their basic responsibilities.

"The idea of putting the American people's hard-earned progress at risk is the height of irresponsibility, and it doesn't have to happen," the president said in a hastily announced appearance in the White House briefing room. "Let me repeat this. It does not have to happen."

House Republicans continue to insist they will not agree to a budget bill to keep the government operating without measures to delay or defund the president's signature health care legislation, something the Senate has repeatedly rejected.

"One faction of one party in one house of Congress in one branch of government doesn't get to shut down the entire government just to refight the results of an election," the president said of House Republicans. "You don't get to extract a ransom for doing your job, for doing what you're supposed to be doing anyway, or just because there's a law there that you don't like."

"I respect the fact that the other party is not supposed to agree with me a hundred percent of the time, just like I don't agree with them. But they do also expect that we don't bring the entire government to a halt or the entire economy to a halt just because of those differences," he said.

With the clock ticking, the president warned of the real-life economic impacts of a shutdown, cautioning that "office buildings would close. Paychecks would be delayed. Vital services that seniors and veterans, women and children, businesses and our economy depend on would be hamstrung."

Workers who would be furloughed would be "hurt greatly," Obama said. "And as a consequence all of us will be hurt greatly, should Congress choose to shut the people's government down."

"All of this is entirely preventable if the House chooses to do what the Senate has already done, and that's the simple act of funding our government without making extraneous and controversial demands in the process, the same way other Congresses have for more than 200 years," he said.

Moments later, the president met with his Cabinet at the White House to brace for the shutdown, which at this stage seems all but certain.

"We're going to be discussing the impacts, potentially, of a shutdown and how all these various agencies will be managing to make sure the core, essential functions continue, but also obviously to help try to manage what's going to be a very difficult potential situation for the employees of all these agencies who are doing outstanding and very difficult work all across the country," the president told reporters in the Cabinet Room.

"I appreciate all the members of the Cabinet who are here. They've been doing a lot of planning. I wish they were spending more time focusing on how to grow jobs and the economy as opposed to having to spend time figuring out how they manage a government shutdown," he added.

The president's comments came shortly before the House was expected to vote on yet another funding bill that contains a one-year delay of Obamacare's individual mandate and cancels subsidies for certain federal employees. The Senate is expected, once again, to reject any budget bill that guts Obamacare.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story...

“ON THE PROWL”

Marion Oaks..

#189843 Sep 30, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
$189 per month is 2268 a year. Add that the the taxes you evade by failing to report your hundred dollar hump humps and you are nothing more than a leach on society. I bet you can't wait until January 1st so you can use your free Obamacare to get a doctor to look at those bumps in your genitalia and prescribe some antibiotics. Better get tested for HIV/AIDS while you are at it. Lots of that going around up there in the pacific northwest. It's all those McFaggarts you have living there that's spreading that chit around.
LOL.. So true so true.. I think you are right if you have some spare cash invest in the drug companies.. That sounds like a sure bet come next year..

Eagle

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#189844 Sep 30, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>It works just like it says. You always throw a monkey wrench into the works to further your agenda of amnesty. We all have been here long enough to know how you are.
Just like I said, you know the talking points, you just don't know what they mean.

Let's make this simple, it's not going to happen so what's plan B?
Brenda besson

United States

#189845 Sep 30, 2013
Lilith_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>REALLY.... you thank a NAZI SKINHEAD and claim to be American
As far as I know Rose is American.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#189846 Sep 30, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO.. It sure as hell did....
GOP Myth Busted,‘Since the ACA passed, 90 percent of job growth has been full-time.’
https://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/30/repub...
A rather desperate House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) tweeted Sunday “90% of the jobs created have been part-time. Obamacare creates a part-time economy, part-time opportunity, and a part-time America.”

This, of course, is not true. In fact, the opposite is true.(Sadly, this is becoming the norm – if a Republican is talking, your odds of finding truth are best if you invert claim and work from there.)

“ON THE PROWL”

Marion Oaks..

#189847 Sep 30, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to me exactly how "attrition through enforcement" is going to work eagle.
How do you make it work and how do you make it official policy in a political climate like we have right now.
There are realities and complexities here that are simply beyond your feeble ability to comprehend, but I'm listening...what's your plan?
One bill at a time.. You and most dems here on this thread agree with employer enforcement.. Right?? Or have I read all of you wrong?? Do you support no match letters?? E-verify?? ICE raids?? Speeding up the deportation when caught commiting a crime (after they serve their time in jail)?? Now I ask you what crime are you willing to forgo??

Eagle
Brenda besson

United States

#189848 Sep 30, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Courtney"
You left out some of "hoes" other favorite responses;
FU
Pr*cks
B*tch
Chit
F*ck
Bullsh*t
F*cking
Badazz
Bull chit
Peace
LoL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why does Trump want to move the American embass... 2 hr Jeff Brightone 1
News Miami Beach mosquitoes test positive for Zika R... 3 hr Moses Kestenbaum ODA 18
News Woman dies 7 months after Memorial Day Weekend ... 4 hr Nellie 1
News Saudi Arabia Quietly Spreads its Brand of Purit... 6 hr Marie-Luise_J 2
News Canadian films bound for Sundance festival incl... 8 hr hjdutjdt 1
News Obama's farewell speech in Chicago felt like th... 11 hr TRUMP a PUPPET 26
News DOJ: criminal charges apply to assaulting airpo... 15 hr Le Jimbo 10
More from around the web