The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 336569 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Sep 08

Placitas, NM

#889 Jun 17, 2012
brad wrote:
<quoted text>
The Presidents quick actions?
You mean like giving away a trillion dollars of tax payer money to companies like Solyndra?
Or Goldman Sachs?
Maybe you mean to several foreign banks?
Or mayhaps the unions?
Way to act quicly Mr. President?
Total and 100% BULLSH!T. But typical BULLSH!T form brainwahed teabaggers and mental midgets
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#890 Jun 17, 2012
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>So let's be "FAIR". If you cant see it I cant help you.
....FULL of SH*T and TALKING HEAD SPEAK.....

Since: Sep 08

Placitas, NM

#891 Jun 17, 2012
Aprilvue wrote:
<quoted text>
The tweets were from liberal media,...
Of the tweets mentioned in Brent Bozell's POS article, only 1 was remotely a member of the 'liberal' media...and anyone who thinks Alter is a member of the 'liberal media' damn sure hasn't watched him on MSNBC or read his Bloomberg columns but te clear victims of Bozell's and the other Reich-wing propaganda efforts.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#892 Jun 17, 2012
He's worse than Carter. Who would have thought?
Democrats are hanging their heads in shame. All the ones I know are clamming up and cursing Obama under their breath. It's great!
LOL

Omaha, NE

#893 Jun 17, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the tweets mentioned in Brent Bozell's POS article, only 1 was remotely a member of the 'liberal' media...and anyone who thinks Alter is a member of the 'liberal media' damn sure hasn't watched him on MSNBC or read his Bloomberg columns but te clear victims of Bozell's and the other Reich-wing propaganda efforts.
I think you run a drop house for illegals.

Since: Sep 08

Placitas, NM

#894 Jun 17, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> This week President Obama adapted immigration policy, that was immediatly called ultraliberal and unamerican by many in the GOP.....Trouble is, it is virtually the same policy put forward by Sen Marco Rubio(R-Fl), leading candidate for Romney's running mate.....poor republicans, they just look keep distancing themselves from comman sense.....
And this morning Mittens evaded at LEAST 4 direct questions from Bob Scheffer wehn asked if he’d repeal Obama’s policy. President Obama has his gutless ass in a box. He can't say he'd overturn the policy because that would piss off the Hispanic community (as well as sane and fair independents, moderates, and liberals) even more. And he can't say he won't and piss off the teabaggers, xenophobes, and racists.

Rubio ain't got a prayer of making the ticket now.

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

#895 Jun 17, 2012
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
You are giving Obama credit for a war that was ending before ANYONE was ever elected in 2008!
If you can lay the troubled economy at the feet of the President, and IT has been in trouble for quite some time, Why not give him credit for something that happened DURING his Presidency? A little consistancy goes a long way.

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

#896 Jun 17, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
And this morning Mittens evaded at LEAST 4 direct questions from Bob Scheffer wehn asked if he’d repeal Obama’s policy. President Obama has his gutless ass in a box. He can't say he'd overturn the policy because that would piss off the Hispanic community (as well as sane and fair independents, moderates, and liberals) even more. And he can't say he won't and piss off the teabaggers, xenophobes, and racists.
Rubio ain't got a prayer of making the ticket now.
I think you're probably right about Rubio. It's weird that the original plan was something that he was working on, but the same plan is going to be like a "KICK ME" sign on his back if he should run with Romney. I think Romney knows it, too. The republican candidate may WANT to speak out against the President's decision, but BOY!!! He'd take a major hit for it!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#898 Jun 17, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the tweets mentioned in Brent Bozell's POS article, only 1 was remotely a member of the 'liberal' media...and anyone who thinks Alter is a member of the 'liberal media' damn sure hasn't watched him on MSNBC or read his Bloomberg columns but te clear victims of Bozell's and the other Reich-wing propaganda efforts.
Obviously you have missed Alter's body of work, but that isn't at all surprising. Also not surprisingly, you obviously failed to do even minor research into the body of work by Miller, Dwyer, et at. Come to think of it, maybe you did and chose to exempt your findings.

The point remains, those who snuggled and cooed at Obama's feet are now, in Carteresque style, beginning to admit the emperor has no clothes.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#900 Jun 17, 2012
King Obama only has “disrespect for the Constitution.”
conservative crapola

Springtown, PA

#901 Jun 17, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
And this morning Mittens evaded at LEAST 4 direct questions from Bob Scheffer wehn asked if he’d repeal Obama’s policy. President Obama has his gutless ass in a box. He can't say he'd overturn the policy because that would piss off the Hispanic community (as well as sane and fair independents, moderates, and liberals) even more. And he can't say he won't and piss off the teabaggers, xenophobes, and racists.
Rubio ain't got a prayer of making the ticket now.
rugby evades all direct questions. They must first go thru rove/adelson, then a response formed, sent back to rugby's hotmail address for use days later.
Le trou de balle

AOL

#902 Jun 17, 2012
Yes, Obama failed short but has so the GOP failed the country by catering to rich, Israel, and the military complex with that stupid homeland security department (a dinosaur that breaks individual's right and wipe it's septic hole with the Constitution).
.
Now the GOP wants cuts (a total disregard for the demographic changes) so as to make the markets (DOW, S&P, and NASDAQ) happy. That is not a good way to govern! The rich will make money no matter what but the GOP is bent over to destroy the lower pyramid so as to collapse the social and economic structure.
.
Fking business is hoarding cash as to bend the arms or terrorize the government into making them more rich! Fk business! Obey the freaking laws!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#903 Jun 17, 2012
Right Wing Conspiracy wrote:
Facts are readily available on .gov sites
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin ...
The debt increased more in less than 3 years under Obama then all 8 years under Bush. The increased rate of debt under Bush also got way worse once Congress became Democrat and they haven't stopped running it up since.
Another big fact they don't tell you. Revenues in went up after the Bush tax cuts (last 2 years brought in over $500 billion more than Clinton's best year and increased the % of the tax that the rich paid), but did not keep up w/ spending increases. So raising and lowering taxes does not mean the revenues in will follow suit. It's also indicative that we've had a spending problem, and not a revenue problem. Not too mention it also increased the % of the total tax revenue the rich paid in by when it lowered taxes for the lesser earners.
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/cats/f ...
Year Revenues, Outlays, Def/ Surp In Billions
2000 2,025.2 1,789.0 236.2
2001 1,991.1 1,862.8 128.2
2002 1,853.1 2,010.9 -157.8
2003 1,782.3 2,159.9 -377.6
2004 1,880.1 2,292.8 -412.7
2005 2,153.6 2,472.0 -318.3
2006 2,406.9 2,655.0 -248.2
2007 2,568.0 2,728.7 -160.7
2008 2,524.0 2,982.5 -458.6
2009 2,105.0 3,517.7 -1,412.7
2010 2,162.7 3,456.2 -1,293.5
2011 estimate 2,173.7, 3,818.8 -1,645.1
Blaming Bush is a cop out. Bush didn't make Obama force social policy into law (ie. Obamacare bill) which created economic uncertainty instead of focusing on jobs and the economy when he had an overwhelming majority in the house and senate. Obama is the President responsible now and his policies have us on the wrong track.
They say wanting to cut spending is merciless and will hurt the poor, yet they said the same about welfare reform. Now that can’t stop saying how great the years after were and somehow the poor didn’t get hurt from it. Of course they try to attribute that to Clinton even though it was Congressional Republicans who were writing those budgets.
We see a very similar situation today where Republican constituents want to control spending and Democrat constituents want more spending b/c they claim the whole country will fall apart if it doesn't happen.
Just wondering if you are aware that Obama put W's debts on HIS books, because W did not. I am speaking of the two Wars charged on Credit, Medicare Prescription Plan for Seniors, No Child Left Behind and SCHIPS,(Childrens health care plan)
Pres Bush had some Caring ideas,(unlike Repubs today) he cared about the elderly and children, but HE DIDN'T PAY FOR ANY OF IT.
Jeb Bush had some very accurate statements last week about Repub Party Today. Not Reagans Party, Not his Fathers Party, not GWB'S Party.
Then the Right WingNuts attacked him. Surprise.
Get Real

Chapel Hill, TN

#904 Jun 17, 2012
Start a Business wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get this comment. Those who have savings could also get a job, or start their own business. They don't need govt support to do better. Most of the GOP are living off their savings its true.. They don't invest in America. They would rather sell it short and attack a successful Democratic President who did what was necessary to avoid a GOP engineered depression of America.
I see you "don get" it. I am talking about those that worked all their lives and lived within their means trying to save for retirement. They expected to live off the interest from those savings and pass on the principle to their children. The democrats see them as rich and want to see that they have nothing left because interest rates are so low. It's okay for the government to have taxed them for forty or fifty years, now the democrats want to take what they worked for to redistribute it to those that have refused to work and made unwise decisions. The democrats see the savings of older Americans as something to redistribute rather than something that was earned through individual effort. If you don't get it, you are living from paycheck to paycheck and don't have the faintest clue as to planning for a future. Those that saved for their retirements are now having to do with interest levels that are the lowest in years. At one time,$10,000 would get you almost $1,000 in interest. Now it will not get you $100. That is the war that the democrats are waging against Americans that have worked and are in the fifties, sixties, seventies, and beydon. You want them to get a job, start a business, and your president wants to see them punished for working and saving. It puts many Americans at the mercy of having to rely on the social security system that barely covers the cost of Medicare. Make no mistake, the democrats are trying to destroy those of a certain age in this country through its policies.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#905 Jun 17, 2012
Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're probably right about Rubio. It's weird that the original plan was something that he was working on, but the same plan is going to be like a "KICK ME" sign on his back if he should run with Romney. I think Romney knows it, too. The republican candidate may WANT to speak out against the President's decision, but BOY!!! He'd take a major hit for it!
Portman, VP.
Rubio was Mormon and he lied about the conditions in which his Parents came to US.
Get Real

Chapel Hill, TN

#906 Jun 17, 2012
Le trou de balle wrote:
Obey the freaking laws!
Our president shows us that the laws of this land can be disregarded when he dictates the laws regarding illegals will not be enforced. Many of us wish that Obama would enforce the laws and defend the Constitution as he swore he would. Please text Obama and ask him to "obey the freaking laws!" Thank you.
Get Real

Chapel Hill, TN

#907 Jun 17, 2012
Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>Which President ever has? You can't please everyone. I think if you do what you think is best for the country, then you're doing your best. I think President Obama has a genuine and abiding love of this country and I think it shows in his demeanor and in his strategies.
Obama had a deep and abiding for himself. He does not have love for his country. If he did, he would abide by its laws. He has not lived up to his pledge to defend the Constitution.
Get Real

Chapel Hill, TN

#909 Jun 17, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> This week President Obama adapted immigration policy, that was immediatly called ultraliberal and unamerican by many in the GOP.....Trouble is, it is virtually the same policy put forward by Sen Marco Rubio(R-Fl), leading candidate for Romney's running mate.....poor republicans, they just look keep distancing themselves from comman sense.....
It does seem that Obama doesn't want to work with the republicans, he wants to grandstand! Thanks for letting us know for certain that Obama is playing politics and has no intention of trying to be bipartian. He is trying to divide the country in order to destroy it. Total lack of respect for the constitution.
frank

Oakland, CA

#910 Jun 17, 2012
brad wrote:
<quoted text>
During Bush' 8 years I was earning a larger salary,my personal investments were stable and worth a hell of a lot more and absolutly everything was more affordable.
Thats where I was Rudy,where were you?
So far the Bush wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan have cost us $4 trillion not including equipment lost, which is another $17Billion. Two weeks before the Iraq war Dick Cheney said to Tim Russert quote:“every analysis said this war itself would cost about $80 billion, recovery of Baghdad about $10 billion”. And you f-ing wingnuz morons are dissing Obama’s spending trying to save the American economy! The Bush wars, the Bush tax cuts and the Bush recession are driving the economic struggle. Economic recovery measures, financial rescues have only temporary impact, it will likely take an entire generation to make up for all the losses especially among the middle class! Nevertheless, we will make it and come out of it for the better – never underestimate the American’s fortitude and determination!
frank

Oakland, CA

#911 Jun 17, 2012
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Our president shows us that the laws of this land can be disregarded when he dictates the laws regarding illegals will not be enforced. Many of us wish that Obama would enforce the laws and defend the Constitution as he swore he would. Please text Obama and ask him to "obey the freaking laws!" Thank you.
Sorry Forrest a presidential directive does change any laws! Obama's move was brilliant he's got the GOPers scrambling, falling all over each other for having lost the latino vote!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News EU Visits to Crimea Reflect Democracy, Not Divi... 59 min George 3
News Crimea Visit Spotlights Kremlin Sympathies Beyo... 3 hr FASCIST Ukraine 4
News A piece of heaven on earth a " West Java, Indon... (Apr '10) 9 hr kusenal 34
News Russian Muslims Traveling To Fight Against Russ... 22 hr Byzantine Prince 6
Three tips for the perfect road trip Thu TravelSafe 1
News Concierge Travel Announces First All-Gay Seven-... (Feb '12) Thu Great farts 3
News Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions (Oct '14) Wed Johnny CashMod 6,348
More from around the web