The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 404322 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75092 Dec 17, 2012
Funerals Begin for Newtown Victims

The first two funerals for the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary school massacre are scheduled for later today when Newtown, Conn., will bury 6-year-olds Noah Pozner and Jack Pinto.

http://gma.yahoo.com/funerals-begin-newtown-v...

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

#75093 Dec 17, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many spare clips does LE carry on them?? Remember a few years back LE unloaded like 250 rounds into a truck at a apartment complex??
Eagle
If I tape two 25 round clips butt to butt I can flip them and shoot in less than 3 seconds. That configuration is less bulky than my 50 round barrel clip.
Ref, Ruger 10/22

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

#75094 Dec 17, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>
A person can commit murder with their bare hands.
A person can commit mass murder with good strong bare hands.
Well then we need to get started cutting off some hands then don't we. We can really put a dent in theft at the same time too!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#75096 Dec 17, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then we need to get started cutting off some hands then don't we. We can really put a dent in theft at the same time too!
Yeah right, and then lets ban "frustration" too. LOL
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#75097 Dec 17, 2012
Ralff wrote:
I can take my semi-auto, put my 50 round fully loaded barrel clip in it, grab as many 25 round loaded clips as I can and walk right down the street in the middle of town and there isn't a damn thing any gun control freak can do about it.
That isn't gonna change either.
The constitution protects me.
Actually, no. The BoR does.
American Breeds

Fullerton, CA

#75098 Dec 17, 2012
Guns a Hobby for Mother of School Shooter, Friend Says
http://www.wnyc.org/articles/wnyc-news/2012/d...
By The Associated Press
A friend of the mother of the man who killed 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school says guns were simply a hobby for her.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#75099 Dec 17, 2012
Banning this or that isn't a solution -- criminals will always have access to whatever they want on the black market. It would take a LONG time for those weapons to go away by attrition (taken by police and destroyed, turned in, etc.). But I do think there is no need to manufacture hollowpoint bullets, etc., that are meant to do severe damage. Ammunition like that would go away eventually if no longer manufactured.

I agree in part with a statement attributed to Morgan Freeman, that the sensationalism put forth by the media has glamorized these kinds of crimes. Where some people used to commit suicide, they see these murderers glorified ad nauseum on the news programs (and BREAKING NEWS everywhere), and decide they can be memorialized by doing something even worse than what had been done before.

However, in this case, if his mother didn't have those weapons (or if they were secured somehow), perhaps this tragedy would not have occurred. I don't see someone apparently troubled as he was going looking for weapons if they weren't readily available (but who knows?).

And, as a co-worker once said, these things (violence in general) will continue to happen until we get the fear of God in us all again. Rather than fear of God, I would say the grace of God.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#75100 Dec 17, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for FINALLY acknowledging "the fact that people find other ways to kill people in large numbers"
Now considering what you just said it would accomplish nothing to do so.
I am so sorry, Ralff. I had no idea you were waiting for me to comment! Next time, if you need me to post an opinion early on, just ask. I wouldn't want you to become anxiety ridden;-)

As to your last comment, I disagree.
endtime

AOL

#75101 Dec 17, 2012

PROOF Obama'a ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

&fe ature=plcp

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#75103 Dec 17, 2012
jackson wrote:
Banning this or that isn't a solution -- criminals will always have access to whatever they want on the black market. It would take a LONG time for those weapons to go away by attrition (taken by police and destroyed, turned in, etc.). But I do think there is no need to manufacture hollowpoint bullets, etc., that are meant to do severe damage. Ammunition like that would go away eventually if no longer manufactured.
I agree in part with a statement attributed to Morgan Freeman, that the sensationalism put forth by the media has glamorized these kinds of crimes. Where some people used to commit suicide, they see these murderers glorified ad nauseum on the news programs (and BREAKING NEWS everywhere), and decide they can be memorialized by doing something even worse than what had been done before.
However, in this case, if his mother didn't have those weapons (or if they were secured somehow), perhaps this tragedy would not have occurred. I don't see someone apparently troubled as he was going looking for weapons if they weren't readily available (but who knows?).
And, as a co-worker once said, these things (violence in general) will continue to happen until we get the fear of God in us all again. Rather than fear of God, I would say the grace of God.
Tell me that the Church has never murdered or at the very least, tacitly accepted it as a part of their religious work.

And these are the "spiritual leaders."

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#75112 Dec 17, 2012
endtime wrote:
PROOF Obama'a ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6z-v0iNbVBwXX&feature=plc p
Any proof you may need is in the content of his character if he is, and not what someone says about him.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#75114 Dec 17, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me that the Church has never murdered or at the very least, tacitly accepted it as a part of their religious work.
And these are the "spiritual leaders."
Churches don't murder.
Individuals do.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#75115 Dec 17, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Apples and oranges.
Where?? Lets go all in and ban clip weapons then LE included..

Eagle

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#75116 Dec 17, 2012
positronium wrote:
Thank you so very much. I am in absolute agreement with you all the way....This should be posted on every corner.....Throughout the nation......
Ha! A very big surprise for everybody!

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#75117 Dec 17, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Why OJ was free while waiting trial?
Why do you think he was free Ralff?

I suspect that he was able to come up with enough cash to purchase justice. But that is the problem with our judicial system today. The inequities of it all. People with money, fame or inside connections walk on charges that the average citizen would be detained until the preliminary hearing and held without bail or a bail that is out of the defendant's reach until the case goes to trial.

Zimmerman's father is a district judge. Zimmerman has been arrested for domestic violence. He was released from police custody before they could even put him in a jail cell. His charges were dismissed without even going to court. Zimmerman was arrested for assault on a police officer. Again, he was immediately released without posting any bond and the charges were dismissed out of court.

Anyone else in this country who beats on his spouse and assaults a police officer would at least sat in a jail cell until a bonding agent showed up and even if they take a suspended sentence, they would be forced to pay fines and restitution, attend anger management and give up their firearms for at least one year.

Some people would love for the Trayvon Martin shooting to be about race. That's not what it's about though. It's about Justice.

The way I understand the stand your ground laws is that you have to be minding your own business when someone assails you causing you to stand your ground and defending your self.

If you are pursuing a stranger and that stranger turns on you telling you to leave them alone then you need to run and scream. If you choose to join a physical confrontation then you can't get all butt-hurt and shoot your victim. Well, you can. But then you will be charged with a crime.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#75118 Dec 17, 2012
Rico Sock Number 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
I lock up my guns... WTF was this so called "gun enthusiast" problem? Never mind... she's dead!!!
I don't, my choice.

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#75119 Dec 17, 2012
Rico Sock Number 007 wrote:
If high capacity gun clips are limited for a law abiding citizen then gun clips should be limited for law enforcement too.
WTF do they need them if the high capacity clips are supposed to be off the streets under gun control?
Yea... I'd love to hear the bullshit rationalization by law enforcement that only they should have them but not a law abiding citizen.
Stupid fcking MSM.
Their aim is supposed to be better why the need for more than six shots?? Hell lets just go back to cap and ball then..

Eagle

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#75120 Dec 17, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
How bad do you want that crown? LOL!
I really didn't want the crown but the getting the badge is awesome! Thanks!

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#75122 Dec 17, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text> If I tape two 25 round clips butt to butt I can flip them and shoot in less than 3 seconds. That configuration is less bulky than my 50 round barrel clip.
Ref, Ruger 10/22
I haven't fired a weapon in close to 3 years.. But they are there and mostly locked up and not a clip weapon.. But where does the dems want to end all this talk of gun control??

Eagle

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#75123 Dec 17, 2012
tmpcase wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! A very big surprise for everybody!
He is still failing.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Evil That Dare Not Speak Its Name: Israel's... (Jun '15) 22 hr yidfellas USA 29
News Ex-Sen. Bob Dole facilitated Donald Trump call ... 22 hr yidfellas USA 2
News Kerry, Russia's Lavrov to meet in Hamburg to di... 22 hr USS LIBERTY 1
News A trip to Israel gives Hanukkah new meaning for... 22 hr drain the swamp 1
News Not the first: Abe predecessor visited Pearl Ha... Thu Mark 1
News Kilvert Lake, in Eagle-Dogtooth Provincial Park... Thu Right On Washington 2
News Uniqlo: An American Dream for a Japanese company Thu Strong Wakamoto 28
More from around the web