The President has failed us

There are 20 comments on the Jun 9, 2012, Times News story titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

WARRENs Buffett

Omaha, NE

#33251 Oct 6, 2012
Rico the Railroader wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA already has a railroad system that can ship & will ship the oil from Canada to the Gulf Coast and all over the USA.
Did you Keystone Pipeline zombies forget that when the oil from Canada gets yanked from the ground... the railroads will be the ones who will have to hire mechanics, Engineers, conductors, laborers, maintenance of way, signal men... bla bla bla and an array of contractors to haul all that oil??
A train can move 1 ton of freight 500 miles on 1 gallon of diesel. Talk about efficiency!
Yes... I'm a Railroader and I say fk the Keystone pipeline.
The BNSF owned by Berkshire Hathaway. Berkshire's so big they didn't realize they own 2 other railroads and have to sell them. Build the Keystone and tell Buffet and BOLD NE to take a fkg hike!

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#33252 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>
The USA already has a railroad system that can ship & will ship the oil from Canada to the Gulf Coast and all over the USA.
Did you Keystone Pipeline zombies forget that when the oil from Canada gets yanked from the ground... the railroads will be the ones who will have to hire mechanics, Engineers, conductors, laborers, maintenance of way, signal men... bla bla bla and an array of contractors to haul all that oil??
A train can move 1 ton of freight 500 miles on 1 gallon of diesel. Talk about efficiency!
Yes... I'm a Railroader and I say fk the Keystone pipeline.
The truth comes out of the being against the pipeline.. How many barrels of oil make up a ton??

Eagle

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Since: Nov 09

Mount Vesuvius

#33253 Oct 6, 2012
Where did Cricket go??? hehehehehehee!!!
He went to open up another 10lb can of spam.

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#33254 Oct 6, 2012
WARRENs Buffett wrote:
<quoted text>The BNSF owned by Berkshire Hathaway. Berkshire's so big they didn't realize they own 2 other railroads and have to sell them. Build the Keystone and tell Buffet and BOLD NE to take a fkg hike!
;-)

Good morning LE..

Eagle
Lakesuckless1961

Monessen, PA

#33255 Oct 6, 2012
Byg Fahr Mah wrote:
<quoted text>Ask your doctor about it on the next visit.
I am a doctor and you need jailed in a mental ward.

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#33256 Oct 6, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no doubt we sell some of our domestic oil offshore esp to island nations like bahamas/haiti etc.. I believe it was to create 20k direct jobs and 100k support jobs.. Its obvious the author of that article don't know much about oil and what we get from it.. Like this line..
"In fact, Midwestern refineries sell 99 percent of their product to US customers. Gulf Coast refineries, meanwhile, produce more than half of the country's gasoline and diesel exports and are shifting rapidly to more diesel production:"
The refineries don't have a choice what comes from a barrel of oil.. Here read this link and study the chart..
http://www.gravmag.com/oilbarrel.shtml

Eagle
"I have no doubt we sell some of our domestic oil offshore esp to island nations like bahamas/haiti etc..."

It's not just crude oil and it's not just to a few "island nations". The United States has become a major exporter of refined petroleum products.

----------

Amid high gas prices and all the calls for more drilling, you may be surprised to learn that the United States is now a net exporter of oil.

"...the United States exported 3.2 million barrels of refined petroleum products a day and imported just 2.2 million barrels a day. That's a surplus of exports over imports of roughly a million barrels a day. For the first nine months of 2011, according to the U.S. Energy Information Agency, the U.S. exported 752 million barrels of refined petroleum products: gasoline, jet fuel, kerosene and such chemical-industry feed stocks..."

http://money.msn.com/ways-to-invest/why-the-u...
Ken Yawn

Monessen, PA

#33257 Oct 6, 2012
BHO is still sitting on ice after having his azz scaled by super Mitt.
Ken Yawn

Monessen, PA

#33258 Oct 6, 2012
BO is a failure like all libs are.

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#33259 Oct 6, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth comes out of the being against the pipeline.. How many barrels of oil make up a ton??
Eagle
A barrel of oil weighs between 300 and 370 pounds depending on the grade of the oil being shipped.

Somebody else can do the math from there.

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#33260 Oct 6, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
"I have no doubt we sell some of our domestic oil offshore esp to island nations like bahamas/haiti etc..."
It's not just crude oil and it's not just to a few "island nations". The United States has become a major exporter of refined petroleum products.
----------
Amid high gas prices and all the calls for more drilling, you may be surprised to learn that the United States is now a net exporter of oil.
"...the United States exported 3.2 million barrels of refined petroleum products a day and imported just 2.2 million barrels a day. That's a surplus of exports over imports of roughly a million barrels a day. For the first nine months of 2011, according to the U.S. Energy Information Agency, the U.S. exported 752 million barrels of refined petroleum products: gasoline, jet fuel, kerosene and such chemical-industry feed stocks..."
http://money.msn.com/ways-to-invest/why-the-u...
Refined products though Jack.. Hell Iran has its oil but sends it out to be refined in another country I believe..

Eagle
WARRENS Buffet

Omaha, NE

#33261 Oct 6, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
;-)
Good morning LE..
Eagle
Back at cha! Our state needs the revenue vs Bershire Hathaway!
WARRENS Buffet

Omaha, NE

#33263 Oct 6, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
A barrel of oil weighs between 300 and 370 pounds depending on the grade of the oil being shipped.
A gallon of oil weighs between 6 and 8 pounds, depending upon the density.

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#33264 Oct 6, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
So lets round it off to 6 barrels moving 2500 miles on rail.. That will cost 5 gallons of diesel according to Rico at 4 bucks a gallon equals 20 bucks.. Not very efficient and the carbon footprint would be much higher and more risk involved..

Eagle

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#33266 Oct 6, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Refined products though Jack.. Hell Iran has its oil but sends it out to be refined in another country I believe..
Eagle
Refined products are made from crude oil Eagle, but you're right, one of the reasons we have become an exporter is the shortage of refining capacity around the world.

One of the selling points for building the Keystone Pipeline is that it would bring Canadian crude here to be refined rather than building refineries in Canada.

That keeps the refining capacity with us.

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#33267 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>
And like bozos, they threw their only chance to beat Obama....Ron Paul to the curb.
I'm not sure how much you like Paul, but I'd vote for him instead of Obama if Paul was on the Republican ticket.
Frankly, I think Ron Paul is a nut.

I was a Huntsman supporter early on, then switched to Romney...then woke up.

:)

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#33268 Oct 6, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
It's time that you start carrying your own illiterate ass around. You're intellectually lazy and totally ignorant to the subject. You're like a parrot on Go Go Juice!
Great rebuttal. Thanks.

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#33269 Oct 6, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Refined products are made from crude oil Eagle, but you're right, one of the reasons we have become an exporter is the shortage of refining capacity around the world.
One of the selling points for building the Keystone Pipeline is that it would bring Canadian crude here to be refined rather than building refineries in Canada.
That keeps the refining capacity with us.
I don't know if they can even refine the oil in the extreme cold Canada faces.. And other smaller countries it would not be worth their wild to build one for the amount they would use..

Eagle

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#33270 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>
And like bozos, they threw their only chance to beat Obama....Ron Paul to the curb.
I'm not sure how much you like Paul, but I'd vote for him instead of Obama if Paul was on the Republican ticket.
I like Paul too, but he does have some weird ideas..

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#33271 Oct 6, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So lets round it off to 6 barrels moving 2500 miles on rail.. That will cost 5 gallons of diesel according to Rico at 4 bucks a gallon equals 20 bucks.. Not very efficient and the carbon footprint would be much higher and more risk involved..
Eagle
The capacity isn't there either.

Pipeline is the only economically workable way to move large quantities of oil over long distance (on land) with any degree of reliability.

Don't forget, I've been in favor of the Keystone Pipeline provided it's done the right way.
WARRENS Buffet

Omaha, NE

#33272 Oct 6, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eagle
Just a little FYI as the amount of oil hauled daily out of Eastern MT and ND's "Bakkin Formation." One million gallons a day via BNSF. The railroad's spent a bundle of money upgrading rails and signals. Warren's not going to let this come to a hault without a fight. Too bad Berkshire Hathaway won't pay it's $1Billion IRS bill, isn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A piece of paper that means the world 6 hr Memo From Turner 121
News For pro-separatist Ukrainians, hope now heartache 17 hr Pro Ukraine 167
News Gay parade held in Japan amid calls for same-se... Sun Wall 2
News Cuba - from Varadero to Havana Sun Doc Savage 15
News The Riviera: Final days for a Las Vegas legend Sun spytheweb 1
News Strong dollar = cheaper European vacations Sun Big Johnson 1
News Mayor Caldwell signs Expansion of 'Sit-Lie' Bill Sun Joe Balls 5
Housekeeping at hotel walking in on me naked... (Aug '07) Apr 21 Jimmasin 2,540
More from around the web