The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 388110 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#32498 Oct 4, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
Check out some of michael moore's tweets from last night. OUCH!
"Get This Obama spoke FOUR minutes longer than Romney did tonight! Didn't feel that way, did it? That sorta says it all."
"Hey Barack, there's no bonus for winning this without using '47%'. It's not f****ng Galaga."
"If Romney keeps this up...Obama is going to vote for him!"
"Is Bill Clinton coming in to sub next quarter? O! Wake up! Attack! That is not Joh McCain over on that podium!"
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercool...
Surprising you give Michael Moore such wight in his opinions. Mos t sane people think he is a whackjob...good to know about you...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#32499 Oct 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why does it matter to you where the oil comes from? why not save our public lands for last recourse?
Yes, Dodd Frank was ill-prepared legislation.
i am not aware of any such tax breaks for overseas job creation either, other than they have lower corp. tax rates.
Did you notice any of Ramney's statements that were not factual, or did you just skip over those for partisan reasons?
Saving our public lands for last recourse isn't the point. obama is touting record production over which he has absolutely no say-so, yet, he's taking credit for it. Meanwhile, the drilling policies he has put in place that affect PUBLIC lands, has caused production on PUBLIC land to go DOWN.

I would ask that if Dodd-Frank has known flaws(to the point that even you and I can figure it out), why hasn't anything been done about it? Dodd-Frank does nothing to prevent bailouts, a.k.a. taxpayer money, from bad banking decisions that these "too big to fail" banks may make. Nothing was learned from the last bailouts? I'm assuming that admitting that Dodd-Frank has issues, Romney was on point rebutting obama's point on financial regualtion?

Yes, I'm not aware of the tax credit for moving jobs overseas either. Again, Romney was on point with that?

I'm still trying to go back through some of the other contenteous issues but being at work kind of gets in the way. I'll do some looking when I get off work.

“Marhill Circle is a dump!”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#32500 Oct 4, 2012
--X-- Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Like father like sons! ;)
Guess that old saying "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" is
true in the Romney family. lolololololol

“Marhill Circle is a dump!”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#32501 Oct 4, 2012
MONICAS DIRTY JOCK STRAP wrote:
<quoted text>
ROMNEY IS SO PATHETIC THAT HE WILL SELL HIS SOUL TO THE DEVIL TO BE PRESIDENT.
True dat!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#32502 Oct 4, 2012
Vader2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess that old saying "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" is
true in the Romney family. lolololololol
Exactly.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#32503 Oct 4, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Saving our public lands for last recourse isn't the point. obama is touting record production over which he has absolutely no say-so, yet, he's taking credit for it. Meanwhile, the drilling policies he has put in place that affect PUBLIC lands, has caused production on PUBLIC land to go DOWN.
I would ask that if Dodd-Frank has known flaws(to the point that even you and I can figure it out), why hasn't anything been done about it? Dodd-Frank does nothing to prevent bailouts, a.k.a. taxpayer money, from bad banking decisions that these "too big to fail" banks may make. Nothing was learned from the last bailouts? I'm assuming that admitting that Dodd-Frank has issues, Romney was on point rebutting obama's point on financial regualtion?
Yes, I'm not aware of the tax credit for moving jobs overseas either. Again, Romney was on point with that?
I'm still trying to go back through some of the other contenteous issues but being at work kind of gets in the way. I'll do some looking when I get off work.
There is a tax DEDUCTION for moving costs when moving operations overseas - not a tax CREDIT.

Location hidden

#32504 Oct 4, 2012
I have never heard so much pissing and moaning from libturds on this forum about how their dear leader didn't show up to the debate last night. Can I call you guys/gals a WAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE? Truly sad for "adults" to whine more than a sick 2 year old. Change your Pampers and get over it.
Republican

Pasadena, CA

#32505 Oct 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Surprising you give Michael Moore such wight in his opinions. Mos t sane people think he is a whackjob...good to know about you...
LOL!!!

St. Croix valley

#32506 Oct 4, 2012
Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
yes, it is funny that you would back his opinion...what else do you support M. Moore on?

St. Croix valley

#32507 Oct 4, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
I have never heard so much pissing and moaning from libturds on this forum about how their dear leader didn't show up to the debate last night. Can I call you guys/gals a WAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE? Truly sad for "adults" to whine more than a sick 2 year old. Change your Pampers and get over it.
yet you are still unable to back up your claims about he didn't "show up"...

pretty bird...wanna cracker?

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#32508 Oct 4, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
We're just correcting your "winning" debater's lies and flip-flops. That's important if you want to make an informed decision on who is the best option for America. It isn't Mitt Romney, not matter how he "performed", because on-stage performance is not necessarily related to veracity. It just looks better if you want to buy the Brooklyn Bridge. Now, about oil production and Private versus Public lands. After Deep Water Horizon, Obama imposed a six month moratorium on offshore drilling, but the increase in drilling on private lands picked up any slack, and there was zero reduction in domestic oil production:

http://www.good.is/posts/deepwater-horizon-in...

One Year Later, Deepwater Horizon by the Numbers

........Percentage that domestic offshore oil production has decreased from 2010, largely due to the Obama administration's moratorium on deep offshore drilling: 13 percent....... Percentage that overall domestic oil production has decreased from January 2010 through January 2011 (the latest month for which numbers are available): 0

Location hidden

#32509 Oct 4, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>There is a tax DEDUCTION for moving costs when moving operations overseas - not a tax CREDIT.
So, where does it say there is a tax DEDUCTION for moving JOBS overseas? That is what the president claims and groans on about.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#32510 Oct 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Surprising you give Michael Moore such wight in his opinions. Mos t sane people think he is a whackjob...good to know about you...
Yep! True dat. Someone will come along and disagree, I'm sure, but I read him about the same way you do. I couldn't care less what Michael Moore has to say about anything.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#32511 Oct 4, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
Feel better?

All that, and Romney is STILL GOING TO LOSE.

St. Croix valley

#32512 Oct 4, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep! True dat. Someone will come along and disagree, I'm sure, but I read him about the same way you do. I couldn't care less what Michael Moore has to say about anything.
Fishaholic has no standards. he would back a crack wh*re if it suited his current needs...
Republican

Pasadena, CA

#32513 Oct 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, it is funny that you would back his opinion...what else do you support M. Moore on?
My bad. I was agreeing with you as in it was funny what you said about Micheal Moore.
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#32514 Oct 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, it is funny that you would back his opinion...what else do you support M. Moore on?
MM?

Which of these concepts do you NOT agree with?

1. Eradicate the Bush tax cuts for the rich and institute new taxes on the wealthiest Americans and on corporations, including a tax on all trading on Wall Street (where they currently pay 0%).

2. Assess a penalty tax on any corporation that moves American jobs to other countries when that company is already making profits in America. Our jobs are the most important national treasure and they cannot be removed from the country simply because someone wants to make more money.

3. Require that all Americans pay the same Social Security tax on all of their earnings (normally, the middle class pays about 6% of their income to Social Security; someone making $1 million a year pays about 0.6%(or 90% less than the average person). This law would simply make the rich pay what everyone else pays.

4. Reinstate the Glass-Steagall Act, placing serious regulations on how business is conducted by Wall Street and the banks.

5. Investigate the Crash of 2008, and bring to justice those who committed any crimes.

6. Reorder our nation's spending priorities (including the ending of all foreign wars and their cost of over $2 billion a week). This will re-open libraries, reinstate band and art and civics classes in our schools, fix our roads and bridges and infrastructure, wire the entire country for 21st century internet, and support scientific research that improves our lives.

7. Join the rest of the free world and create a single-payer, free and universal health care system that covers all Americans all of the time.

8. Immediately reduce carbon emissions that are destroying the planet and discover ways to live without the oil that will be depleted and gone by the end of this century.

9. Require corporations with more than 10,000 employees to restructure their board of directors so that 50% of its members are elected by the company’s workers. We can never have a real democracy as long as most people have no say in what happens at the place they spend most of their time: their job.(For any U.S. businesspeople freaking out at this idea because you think workers can't run a successful company: Germany has a law like this and it has helped to make Germany the world’s leading manufacturing exporter.)

10. We, the people, must pass three constitutional amendments that will go a long way toward fixing the core problems we now have. These include:

a) A constitutional amendment that fixes our broken electoral system by 1) completely removing campaign contributions from the political process; 2) requiring all elections to be publicly financed; 3) moving election day to the weekend to increase voter turnout; 4) making all Americans registered voters at the moment of their birth; 5) banning computerized voting and requiring that all elections take place on paper ballots.

b) A constitutional amendment declaring that corporations are not people and do not have the constitutional rights of citizens. This amendment should also state that the interests of the general public and society must always come before the interests of corporations.

c) A constitutional amendment that will act as a "second bill of rights" as proposed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt: that every American has a human right to employment, to health care, to a free and full education, to breathe clean air, drink clean water and eat safe food, and to be cared for with dignity and respect in their old age.
Republican

Pasadena, CA

#32515 Oct 4, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
So, where does it say there is a tax DEDUCTION for moving JOBS overseas? That is what the president claims and groans on about.
You're not the sharpest tool in the shed... are ya sparky?

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#32516 Oct 4, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't specify where you move. It's the same deduction whether you move a business 100 miles away or 5,000 miles away. In other words, there is a tax benefit when you move offshore or across state lines or at a distance (and, I'm not sure, but I think it's the same minimum that applies to employee relocations, and that would be in excess of 50 miles or more from your present location.)

We need an end to tax deductions for relocation out of the country and a tax credit for the costs of moving back on shore with your operations. Do you think that's a bad idea? If so, why?
Republican

Pasadena, CA

#32517 Oct 4, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
Romney has been taking hundreds of steps back throughout his entire campaign and he finally manages to take one step froward and you think he's suddenly winning.

I wish baseball games had your rules. My team would always be the winner.

LMFAO @ U

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Undocumented entrepreneur faces uncertain fate 15 min Cat74 31
News Finding the common thread of religious harmony ... 7 hr Andrew 1
News Turkish Airlines to launch Boston-Istanbul flig... (Jul '13) 17 hr Aykul 31
News I'm in love with a Chamorro (Feb '08) Mon Oioioi 166
Housekeeping at hotel walking in on me naked... (Aug '07) Sun Thirty467 2,492
News US vice-president Joe Biden at Castlebar Golf C... Sun Nu Wor Order 10
News Billy Joel to join Cuomo on NY breast cancer mo... Sun Shevon Drake 1
More from around the web