Posted in the Travel Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Brookehman

Nairobi, Kenya

#1 Jul 22, 2006
BEWARE OF CON TOUR OPERATOR
A warning to interested travellers to Kenya. "I was refered to a tour operator by name 'Come to Africa' safaris on Rehma house by an agent. On arrival,'Come to Africa' safaris (casafaris), also in guise as SANA EXPEDITIONS processed my credit card (US$4200 value) and proceeded on safari but got a rude shock when I realizd that what they had promisd was a sham. We missed meals on safari and the drivers were rude.

I later complained to them but they ignored me completely. I was later assistd by another operator by name Leading Expeditions.

As I write, the matter is pending with Kenya tourism board.

Travellers to Kenya beware of such tour operators as 'Come to Africa safaris'(casafaris) and I would recommend you to LEADING EXPEDITIONS safaris (Leadex)- a very reliable and honest operator ( www.leadex-safaris.com ).
Ondicho

UK

#2 Jul 28, 2006
It is a shame that this company mistreated you. Withhold any payments untill you are refunded or compensated. Nairobi
posh

Liverpool, UK

#3 Jul 28, 2006
am sorry you had such a bad experience.i hope it wasnt your first time to kenya coz that ruins it all.but i can asure you kenya is a lovely place to be when in good hands.i hope those thugs will be nailed to the core.
posh
John

College Station, TX

#4 Jul 31, 2006
Add EXPEDIA (wherever you decide to go)to your list of bad travel operators. It can ruin your trips: EXPEDIA is in listed the top ripoff link at the bad business bureau ( http://www.ripoffreport.com ) and has two "dedicated" websites due to poor customer support and lies: http://www.victimsofexpedia.com and
http://www.shameonexpedia.com
Cheetah Adventure

Nairobi, Kenya

#5 Aug 4, 2006
African Holidays Safaris,Kenya safaris in Kenya,Tanzania wildlife Safaris,camping Safaris,African Honeymoon Holidays Safarii,Masai mara Camping tours in Kenya,Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safaris uganda
Tobs Kenya Golf Safaris

Nairobi, Kenya

#7 Aug 25, 2006
It is a shame that this company treats our guests like that. For all visitors: Make sure the Tour Operator is a member of KATO (Kenya Association of Tour Operators), which members work along an ethical code of conduct. www.kenya-golf-safaris.com
Tobs Kenya Golf Safaris

Nairobi, Kenya

#8 Aug 25, 2006
That is a shame that our business is being put in a bad perspective. Make sure that you book always through a KATO member (Kenya Association of Tour Operators) which members have an ethical code if conduct. www.kenya-golf-safaris.com
Kisima Tours and Safaris

Nairobi, Kenya

#9 Sep 27, 2006
Its such a big shame that we Kenyan are the killers of tourism in our country. To all traveling to Kenya please make sure you travel with a company registered by Kenya association of Tour Operators (KATO). You will never go wrong with KATO member. I am very sorry for the bad experience, come again and this time round you will have a life time experience. Karibu Kenya (Welcome to Kenya)
John brown

Nairobi, Kenya

#10 Nov 22, 2006
i have had 5 safaris with this company "Come to Africa Safaris" and from those safaris their organisation was commendable beyond expectations having read this from the above comments.
It is a pity that you people would try and take advantage of a lie that you created yourselves so as to advertise Tour Companies.
For me i really recommend this company for the services they are offering to their clients.
Brookehman

Nairobi, Kenya

#11 Dec 16, 2006
To further answer John Brown above, please read the following;

To:"Elizabeth Brooke"
Subject: Disappointing safari
Date: Wed, May 10th 2006 - 12:07AM
Options: Header Info - Print - Group this Sender Add To Addresses
Block Email or Domain
Add/Edit Notes for Mail

<< Quick Reply {Turn Off Word Wrap}

Dear Elizabeth

Your comment posted on the internet, about your disappointment with the company arranging your safari in Kenya, has been drawn to my attention. I would like to let you know that we very much regret to note that you were so disappointed.

To avoid such disappointment in future, the Kenya Tourist Board recommends that visitors choose a safari operator that is a member of the Kenya Association of Tour Operators (KATO). They have a website which lists all their members and this can be accessed at http://www.katokenya.org/members.asp

KATO members observe a strict code of conduct designed to ensure that they trade honestly and professionally at all times. The Association also expects members to comply with the spirit of Kenya's tourist reputation, offering high quality service, comfort, safety and value to all clients. Above all KATO is committed to the true principles of eco-tourism, promoting low impact, environmentally sensitive operations to maximize visitors' enjoyment, understanding, awareness of wildlife & landscapes, and due respect to local communities and their cultures.

The full code of conduct is designed and monitored by the Ethics and Standards Sub-committee and endorsed by KATO's Executive Committee. It also offers a system of redress for individual travellers ensuring that cases of serious dissatisfaction with a member's services can be formally aired and addressed. The overall goal is to uphold the integrity of Kenya's tour industry. Members must offer clear, precise and useful information about the country and tour, backed up by good standards of service, equipment and facilities and a commitment to informing and entertaining visitors to Kenya.

I do hope that this information will be of assistance when you are planning your next visit to Kenya and that it will help to ensure that your next safari will be most enjoyable and entirely to your satisfaction.

Yours sincerely

Jake Grieves-Cook

Jake Grieves-Cook
Chairman, Kenya Tourist Board

Email: jake@kenyatourism.org

Sent: 09 May 2006 13:07
To: Jake Grieves-Cook
Cc: brookehman@praize.com
Subject: RE: Making Tour Operators Accountable

Dear Jake

I just picked up this gripe from a visitor to Kenya on the web. It was posted on November 8th last year so it's still relevant.

Best regards

Michael Ngugi

Brookehman

Nairobi, Kenya

#12 Dec 16, 2006
This is a pointer to John Brown as above to tell him to stop fighting for rogue tour operators as Come to africa safaris (casafaris)

info@kenyatourism.org wrote:
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Fred Okeyo [mailto:fokeyo@kenyatourism.or g]
> Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 4:32 PM
> To:'KTB Information'
> Subject: RE: Our safari
>
>
> Dear Ms Brooke,
>
> We are very sorry to learn of your experience at he hands of a
> tour operator
> in our country during your visit last year. We highly regret because
> such
> unprofessional behavoir from a few people can spoil the hard work
> that a
> majority of operators have put in.We view this matter seriously
> and we'll
> take it up with the company .
>
> I shall revert to you by next week to inform you of the next course
> of
> action.
>
> Once again accept my apologies .
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Fred Okeyo
>
> REGIONAL MANAGER - EMERGING MKTS
>
> KENYA TOURIST BOARD
> -----Original Message-----
> From: KTB Information [mailto:info@kenyatourism.org]
> Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:10 PM
> To: fokeyo@kenyatourism.org
> Subject: FW: Our safari
Robert Anthony

Nairobi, Kenya

#13 Dec 21, 2006
The matter at hand that touches on Elizabeth Brooke handling couldn't have taken the twists and turns were it not ''Jeff'' the Man who is behind Leading Expeditions and want to settle scores the long way.I have followed the matter and its true he was not given his Company Commision by the Company CASAFARIS who handled his clients.Please kindly come of it and sober up
Erik

Orem, UT

#14 Jan 14, 2007
We, too, had a horrible experience with a tour company. The name of the company was David Tours & Car Hire Ltd. He is based out of Mombasa and Nairobi. He is a crook in the worst sense of the word. Everything he promised was a lie. Instead of providing 2 vehicles as promised, he crammed 9 of us plus the driver in one of thos small 7 passenger vans. Imagine driving 9 hours through the masi mara on dirt roads with all our luggage in one small van. It was horrible. Then when we arrived at the hotels we found that he had booked one less room with them than we had paid for so we had to sleep on floors or on roll away beds. Of course he refused to refund any of our money. Avoid his company at all costs!
Felix

Nairobi, Kenya

#15 Jan 20, 2007
Kenya Tanzania Safaris,Lodge Safaris Kenya,Kenya Camping Tours, Incentive Group Safaris, weddings and honeymoon, Hotels, Car Hire and Mountain Climbing.( http://www.sardiustours.com )
Felix

Nairobi, Kenya

#16 Jan 20, 2007
Kenya Tanzania Safaris, Uganda Safaris, Lodge Camping Safaris, Hotels East Africa( http://www.essandssafaris.com )
Felix

Nairobi, Kenya

#17 Jan 20, 2007
Wild comfort Tours offers exciting Kenya Safaris, Wildlife Safaris Kenya, African Wildlife Safaris, Magical Safaris Kenya, Kenya Beach Safaris,mt climbing kenya( http://www.wildconfortsafaris.com )
George

Nairobi, Kenya

#18 Jan 28, 2007
I met some VIP clients who were being handled by CASAFARIS sometimes in April at the Wilson Airport and were truly complaining of the breach of contract to the service they were to recieve.They had booked a private charter twin engine to Masai Mara but the Company had a single engine at the time of clients departure and there was a very bitter exchange of words.Kindly the overseeing authoritities follow up these companies to see what they offer.
I came to understand the VIP were from Belgium who were really respectable industrial magnate who had flew his private charter as well to Kenya through DRC.
Beryl clare ackel

Nairobi, Kenya

#19 Jan 29, 2007
As the manager of casafaris we have tried to get in touch with leading expedition to come and claim his commision from outr offices but to no avail.

the client went on safari in tanzania and run the credit card in our offices, after which the owner of leading expedtion came to claim a commision form us which was higher than the profit made.they have continued to use the client to post negative comments on the internet from last year and he has refused adamantely to come and setle the issue with us in the office, if this is an advertisement gimmick for leading expedition it is an unfair way to do bussiness.

however we are in the service industry where a complaint should be taken and sorted out in an amivable way , but in this case it seems he wants to settle scores.

we have a record to show that very many client have been on trips with us and keep coming back year after year so this should be treated as an isolated case.

As for the client who ordered for a twin engine plane the fault was from the leasing company who gave a single engine plane at the very last moment, and after an exchange with them the clients were able to get the plane they had ordered for.

kindly put the blame where it belongs and try to understand that a contract is sighned for every transaction and that should be followed by both parties to the later.

We however appeal to the owner of leading expedition to come forth to our offices and have this issue resolved instead of posting negative comments to every available site.

otherwise put in mind that we are in a competitive bussiness and if one believes what the competition says without facts then every company would be on the page.

Manager

CASAFARIS
FELIX

Nairobi, Kenya

#20 Feb 5, 2007
Kenya Tanzania Tented Camp Tours, Tanzania Kenya Tented Camp Safari, classic tented camp kenya Tanzania,( www.kenyatentedcamps.com )
Judy Holschart

Nairobi, Kenya

#21 Feb 5, 2007
I had an experience with this company come to africa safaris in 2004. i went with them on safari and it was a disaster they overcharged me and my friends and offered very, very cheap quality service. we were treated to bad food and vehicle broke down.
the driver had a very bad attitude and when i tried to talk to office they told me they didnt care and i could go to the ministry to report because they were not going to give me back any money or compensation.
I regret but this has made me and my friends not to travel to kenya again and also try to warn people i know who wish to travel to kenya.
i would like to warn other clients to be very wary of this company they talk nicely but dont deliver their services.
As i have read through the complaints of the clients i fail to understand why they are still in business and are issued with a certificate to operate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min WeDeserveBetter 320,392
News Pope Francis acknowledges State of Palestine (May '14) 11 hr Stuart Cudahy 166
News What could be better than Moose Jaw, with a Reg... (Jun '10) 19 hr Ihatemoosejaw 43
News 40 years later, former sailor still searching f... 20 hr WORMDRUGABEMIDEBD... 5
News For pro-separatist Ukrainians, hope now heartache Tue Senators Rock 12
News Prosecutors: 7-Eleven robber told investigators... Tue reality is a crutch 1
News GREAT SWAMP: A bog so big it boggles the mind (Sep '08) Tue Happy 4
Housekeeping at hotel walking in on me naked... (Aug '07) Mar 21 Har Dick 2,537
More from around the web