Lance Armstrong

There are 8 comments on the ABC News story from Jan 14, 2013, titled Lance Armstrong. In it, ABC News reports that:

Lance Armstrong is shown in Aspen, Colo., August 25, 2012, and Oprah Winfrey is outside the ABC Times Square Studios in New York, Oct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

KeepGitmoOpen

Allentown, PA

#1 Jan 14, 2013
Lance should of admitted it before and just said Hey i only have one testicle, everyone else has two to produce testosterone..
Dan The Man

Dublin, Ireland

#2 Jan 14, 2013
Lance was still probably the best Tour De France rider in his time as a extremely high percentage of riders were taking PED's. Saying that its not right what he done and should come clean and admitt what went on so cycling can clean up and move on. Cycling needs to be changed drastically starting with reducing the physical expectations of cyclist... Races are too long and some stage races there is too much expected in mountain stages. Cyclist are under too much pressure to take stuff to keep place on their team and earning a salary. People should give Lance a break as many comments are very harsh.
cool

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jan 15, 2013
Lance is not a hero. He's a liar. Stop feeling sorry for him
Todd Daley

Australia

#4 Jan 15, 2013
Lance rocks, he has raised so much money for cancer, i dont care about all this he is the best cyclist ever to have lived!
Cyclingfan

San Francisco, CA

#5 Jan 15, 2013
Yes Lance have done good things.

“Dark Bike Riding”

Since: Jan 13

Pedaling Against Crime

#6 Jan 15, 2013
First off, when they say doping it sounds like they're talking about Cheech and Chong. It makes me skeptical when they mis-use this term to drive a point home.
2nd, if he passes the requirements for a race, does the race, wins the race, and is awarded for the race, how can they go back with new standards and try to reverse the decision? Anyone with eyes can see this was a witch-hunt and what they have achieved is discrediting the very sport more than they have Lance Armstrong.
TrueBrit

Hartlepool, UK

#7 Jan 15, 2013
Hero my left nut......Many athletes promote charities not all of them cheat to be able to do so. The 15% power output advantage EPO gave this bottom feeder would have allowed many other cyclists to best him in his decade of dominance and arguably promote charities of their own. The fact is he did so with the support of his team and outside authorities and there are surfacing allegations of corruption within US drug testing. I'd be scared to call myself an American athlete right now.
Dan The Man

Dublin, Ireland

#9 Jan 15, 2013
Its hard to see what clean cyclist wud have beaten Lance. Nearly all of his closest competitors were all caught doping at one stage in their career. That's why it's impossible to determine the true winner of the 7 tour de France's!! Cycling is in real difficult situation now and has lost a lot of credibility especially the pro ranks. All dopers in all sports should be given a lifetime ban if get caught doping - that would surely be a deterrent. I am not a Lance fan or anything as it was totally unacceptable all the years of denial and bullying of people to keep quiet. My point is cycling was riddled with drugs in that era and I would still have serious concerns about doping being present in cycling now a days as definitely is still along way from being a clean sport. But saying that do all sport at the top level contain doping?? Lance is such a huge figure in sport that it's inevitable that he will get so much attention and scrutiny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ireland gay marriage: Northern Ireland must now... 5 min Scandinavian uber... 2
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min American Lady 328,515
News Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions (Oct '14) 1 hr swedenforever 6,259
News Obama: US must examine how assets are being use... 5 hr Le Jimbo 3
News Taste some Cuban flavor 8 hr Cubano 6
News Passport scam (Oct '14) 13 hr Kaibiti 15
News Iraq's Maliki rejects U.S. offer on national re... (Jul '09) 18 hr swedenforever 26
More from around the web